iOS 10 - Too Soon?

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I thought this too and it's been LONG overdue. I also want to be able to delete pics from the phone that are uploaded from itunes synced to my phone. Not have to go into the computer and delete them there. That's just one extra step that's so unnecessary.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it not time to divorce iPhones and IPads completely from computers ? after all Apple have been wimbling on about replacing the laptop for ages.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
My wish list.
Dark Theme
Hide Stock apps
Better integration with Macs and other ithings.

And my most wished thing seeing reminders in the frickin calendar! Seriously, Google does this amazingly well! For example. I get an email of an electric bill, I take that email and pin it in my reminder to pay later. When I sett the date for when the reminder to notify me, I can see that reminder in my calendar app! So on April 27th I see a symbol of some sort, when I deep press it, the reminder pops up but I can now see everything from one app!

Right now I have meeting programmed into my calendar but I have to open the reminder app to look at bills. I want to see the meeting with Bobby and the electric bill in one app, because they're both date sensitive.

Also allow this feature to be turned off, for those who don't want this

FCBMunchen

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
One thing I think Apple needs to do is make it so that you can change the SMS wallpaper... Android has had this ability for some time now and you can do it on whatsapp.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm personally hoping we start seeing a true departure and separation between our phones and our tablets. Something that will truly set them apart so the iPads no longer feel like larger iPhones at times. File management, desktop version of iTunes, mouse/trackpad support, desktop grade application support.

I'd love for them to really put a lot of effort behind the iPad Pro line of devices. These are 800+ dollar devices so they should function like them. I love my Pro but I'd love for them to truly distinguish it.

all very valid points, and I second the sentiment to a large extend. But we do have to give them some slack for having introduced things like split screen or now the launch of keyboards that directly plug into and power through the frame. File management has been tentatively introduced with iCloud Drive in my opinion, which does work well and hasn't been given enough attention I feel. I wouldn't want mouse/trackpad support on the iPad personally, that's blurring the lines to Mac too much... but there's definitely more areas to push the envelope further.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This. And be able to download an mp3 clip and set it as a ringtone or sms alert or alarm.

Maybe setting an MP3 as a ringtone is possible but no way is Apple going to let users download music from third parties. Apple would be shooting themselves in the foot. iTunes and App Store are HUGE revenue generators for Them.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Maybe setting an MP3 as a ringtone is possible but no way is Apple going to let users download music from third parties. Apple would be shooting themselves in the foot. iTunes and App Store are HUGE revenue generators for Them.

You can already do it with Amazon Music and Google Play Music, albeit in a somewhat limited fashion. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have a built in File Manager

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
all very valid points, and I second the sentiment to a large extend. But we do have to give them some slack for having introduced things like split screen or now the launch of keyboards that directly plug into and power through the frame. File management has been tentatively introduced with iCloud Drive in my opinion, which does work well and hasn't been given enough attention I feel. I wouldn't want mouse/trackpad support on the iPad personally, that's blurring the lines to Mac too much... but there's definitely more areas to push the envelope further.

I've been doing more copy and paste tasks on my Pro lately and doing that with my finger is maddening at times. The accuracy isn't there at times or I'll "fat finger" the wrong part of text causing it to jump around. Offering a keyboard with a trackpad would make me the happiest person ever, lol.

I don't yet have an Apple Pencil. Maybe the task is easier with that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been doing more copy and paste tasks on my Pro lately and doing that with my finger is maddening at times. The accuracy isn't there at times or I'll "fat finger" the wrong part of text causing it to jump around. Offering a keyboard with a trackpad would make me the happiest person ever, lol.

I don't yet have an Apple Pencil. Maybe the task is easier with that.

Having the Apple Smart Keyboard or the Pencil helps, in my opinion.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Having the Apple Smart Keyboard or the Pencil helps, in my opinion.

I do have the Smart Keyboard by Apple. Maybe I need to do some research on how to copy and paste using the keyboard on text outside of text I am editing. I'd imagine the Pencil would probably resolve all issues I have with copying text. I'd hope at least.

RobDevereax

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
The ability to change the color of the keyboard from white to dark and swype as the principle keyboard would be nice. The ability to use 3rd party apps without restrictions and be able to customize your phone would be great. The ability to use two phone numbers and restrict access to guest users on your phone is another great idea. The ability to block numbers automatically who are not in your contacts (such as telemarketers). Being able to send already written text messages at a specified date and time would be neat. Be able to connect to any item on your phone based on the number of taps on your screen.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The ability to change the color of the keyboard from white to dark and swype as the principle keyboard would be nice. The ability to use 3rd party apps without restrictions and be able to customize your phone would be great. The ability to use two phone numbers and restrict access to guest users on your phone is another great idea. The ability to block numbers automatically who are not in your contacts (such as telemarketers). Being able to send already written text messages at a specified date and time would be neat. Be able to connect to any item on your phone based on the number of taps on your screen.

Lots of wonderful ideas. I think Apple will become more open to suggestions in their own sweet time. But I have seen them come a long way. That's why I keep coming back.

jvrockfn

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
IOS 10 text. There is a push to improve safety by developing apps that are like a black box law enforcement could use if there is an accident. The app would check to see if you were driving and texting. I have no problem with decreasing distraction while driving. Be safe, but let's not give government more access to our privacy. What about a change in the text app.

The app could be changed to use GPS and the camera to determine when you are moving in a car and when your eyes are not on the screen. If someone is texting and is not looking directly at the screen or looking intermittently at the screen, the whole phone screen goes black. If a passenger is texting, all they need to do is keep their eyes on the screen while driving.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
-Would love to see some sort of theme customization (been wanting this since my Blackberry days :p )
-Maybe a few more widgets on homescreen instead of drop down
-Improved Siri

iOS9.3 w/ 3DTouch on the 6S+ is pretty perfect as an every day mobile OS... only small gimmicky things really. As far as performance, ease of use, apps, and basic actual needs for a smartphone (with speed and ease) are pretty much all there!

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Have several request.
I'll skip the dark theme and hiding stock apps, as I believe that is coming. And don't see a need to allow default apps, if stock apps work.

Focus on stock apps if we have them, make them more usable.

Calendar: When I pick an address of someplace, it shows a top down picture straight from the maps app. I like how Google Calendar will have an actual picture of place. For example, Starbucks. It's just a dot. On Google Calendar, it has a picture of that specific starbucks. Also reminders should be integrated into calendars and Mail as well, so you don't have to open two apps. Also, when I pick travel time in calendar and then go to setting alerts, I can only set them before travel time. For example set travel time choose alert, only options 5 minutes or 30 minute alerts BEFORE travel time. If like to see the ability to set an alert before the actual event. Example I need to be at a place at a certain time and want to take in travel time so I turn it on. I want an alert telling me when I should leave based on travel time and a five minute alert before the START of event.

Mail: @icloud is my email and would like to see the desktop design on the iOS. I think it's cleaner. Also I'd like to see my profile pic for Apple ID to be seen like gmail.

iMessage: it's amazing. I just think maybe it should spread out to other devices outside of iOS. Facebook messenger will have an SMS side to it again here soon and if they make it where you don't need to be friends with that person on Facebook, to send text via SMS/MMS/IM that a lot of people will start using it more so than iMessage especially when trying to reach out to Android users. I know if Apple could make money with it being on Android, they'd do it. Maybe make a striped down version. None of those extra features and take away Apple Pay that's coming for iMessage. Also I like how FB messenger and whatsap can send documents and what not.

News: only videos on Apple TV would be boss.

Games Center: free the Apple TV games from its controller! Put an importance on online interactions and social side to the games available. For example say an MMORPG came out for Apple TV and you became someone's friend online. When you're away, GameCenter could be used as a to interact with that player by sending texts and setting up play dates.

iCloud Drive: just look at Google Drive. Need to free this and it's apps. I honestly believe pages and numbers are far more superior to docs and sheets, but it's just that Google services are free and more available on devices. Maybe I'm the only one but I cannot save anything to my iCloud Drive like I can with Google Drive, unless I drag and drop from my Mac.

Photos: unlimited storage also, stored in iCloud Drive.

Spotlight: look at Google Now. I know Apples stance on privacy and respect it. Would it be infringing on that stance if spotlight and read everything in your phone function like Google Now? For example I have my bills and Amazon hooked up to gmail, solely because when I click on Google now I get a list of useful information. Upcoming events in my calendar, travel time, package tracking from Amazon and upcoming bills. Not only that but I get to see scores from the Cubs game at a glance!
I'd like to spotlight to do the same. Swipe left and gives me immediate useful information like Google Now

I know a lot of Google copying but I think it's not about who does it first, but who does it best. Apple has a way of making things feel complete. I compare Googles services to Apple and see how stack up against each other.

#WWDC16

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
James is a Wild and Crazy guy
d81c40b8417c97b25b376f0306075bb3.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members