I guess I need a new email address!

Floridadomer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
So I have been the biggest diehard Android user that you could meet. I decided after many years of frustration with Android tablets to purchase the 12.9 Ipad Pro. I have had it now for a three months and it has just been perfect.

There are many things that I love about the Android system that I knew I simply couldn't do with an iPhone but I have been so happy with my iPad, I went ahead and bought the 7 Plus. I really wanted the red one but Sprint had a buy one get one free special but it didn't include the red!!! All of my coworkers are shocked and says Hell must have frozen over.

I miss not being able to change the way my Folders look and having spacing between icons and rows. I also loved themes so I could change it up every once in awhile. My biggest thing though is I had four pages of widgets that I used. I have found an app that allows me to make my own widgets for my ipad and iphone so that has been very helpful.

I do have a few questions though That I have googled but would like some clarifications to. Do I ask them on this thread or another?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchases! Switching definitely isn't an easy choice but hopefully you realize that you've made a good choice. Both ecosystems have their positives and negatives but I truly believe Apple's ups outweigh its downs. Please make yourself at home on our forum and ask any questions that come to mind.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iPhone! Like you, I was a longtime Android user and I am now using an iPhone 7 Plus thanks to the Note 7 fiasco. But I came away very impressed with the 7 Plus, moreso than I though I would. And now, I'm sticking with iPhones!

If you need help with anything, myself and those who posted above will be glad to help you transition into your new device!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've used both for a long time and android definitely has its advantages, but I have been on the 7 Plus since the Note 7 situation and I don't see anything pulling me back. Normally I get excited about the new releases, but so far nothing interests me.

Fire away with the questions. There is a great group here to help. Really good people in this forum.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

Welcome to the Dark Side
Congrats on your new  Devices!

For your questions, you can browse the forum and ask them in the relevant (or most relevant) subforum, if there isn't recent threads about these questions already (that a major positive point to forums. You can often find answers in others' questions/threads).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, if this becomes a long post, I apologize in advance.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was an Android user pretty much since day one and my wife was an Apple user about as long. In April of 2016, after 8-ish years as a die-hard Android fanboy, yes I said FANBOY, I tossed all my Android devices aside and got a 6s Plus and iPad Pro (which has since been upgrades to a 7 Plus). A few weeks later came the Apple Watch and upgraded the wife's original Apple TV to a version 4 (which I confiscated). Now unlike some Android users, I was a Nexus user. I have every Nexus device from the first one through the 6P. And like you, all my friends thought the devil's lair had iced over.

Yes, I very much miss the customization that Android has, especially the Nexus devices. I was a crazy mad custom rom user. I never used a rom more than a few days and was trying something else. I became known, at least to my friends, as a "rom-ho". I'd go through 5-10 roms a week, back and forth.

So, to your question. Do you NEED to change your email address? Well, not really. First, if you've already created your Apple account using your Gmail address, I'm thinking that can be changed. You can also go into the account settings of your iPhone and create an iCloud email address that will also work as your Apple ID. Then just forward your Gmail address to your new iCloud address. If you want to keep your Gmail address, you can add it to your iPhone or use the Gmail app.

I can say without reservation that the past year on Apple has been great and the transition from Android to Apple wasn't as bad as I thought is was going to be. I'm definitely going to hang with the Apple crowd for a while.

Again, welcome to the iPhone family. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! I use a lot of widgets with Launcher. I like I can call anyone without unlocking my phone.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm welcome iMore 😃 the iPad Pro is an awesome piece of tech especially when paired with the iPhone 7.

As you said, obviously things won't be exactly the same but I'm sure you wil adjust quickly.

With regards to questions, you can make a new thread in the 'ask a question ' section. There are people checking that everyday. 😃

Floridadomer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Warm welcome iMore ?????? the iPad Pro is an awesome piece of tech especially when paired with the iPhone 7.

As you said, obviously things won't be exactly the same but I'm sure you wil adjust quickly.

With regards to questions, you can make a new thread in the 'ask a question ' section. There are people checking that everyday. ??????

Thank you. I didn't see ask a question section!

Floridadomer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, if this becomes a long post, I apologize in advance.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was an Android user pretty much since day one and my wife was an Apple user about as long. In April of 2016, after 8-ish years as a die-hard Android fanboy, yes I said FANBOY, I tossed all my Android devices aside and got a 6s Plus and iPad Pro (which has since been upgrades to a 7 Plus). A few weeks later came the Apple Watch and upgraded the wife's original Apple TV to a version 4 (which I confiscated). Now unlike some Android users, I was a Nexus user. I have every Nexus device from the first one through the 6P. And like you, all my friends thought the devil's lair had iced over.

Yes, I very much miss the customization that Android has, especially the Nexus devices. I was a crazy mad custom rom user. I never used a rom more than a few days and was trying something else. I became known, at least to my friends, as a "rom-ho". I'd go through 5-10 roms a week, back and forth.

So, to your question. Do you NEED to change your email address? Well, not really. First, if you've already created your Apple account using your Gmail address, I'm thinking that can be changed. You can also go into the account settings of your iPhone and create an iCloud email address that will also work as your Apple ID. Then just forward your Gmail address to your new iCloud address. If you want to keep your Gmail address, you can add it to your iPhone or use the Gmail app.

I can say without reservation that the past year on Apple has been great and the transition from Android to Apple wasn't as bad as I thought is was going to be. I'm definitely going to hang with the Apple crowd for a while.

Again, welcome to the iPhone family. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.

I am/was a SAMSUNG fan boy. For me Android is about customization and that has been my biggest fear leaving Android for IOS. I really love my 12.9 Pro but never really customized my tablets much. I used to hear people say about IOS, "it just works." I have to say that is why I have switched. While I can't customize like I used to, IOS has been very fluid and smooth. I just wish they had a file explorer system that I could manually move files without having to use itunes. I believe itunes is going to be my biggest learning curve. It runs rather slow on my laptop and I am not a patient man!...LOL

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am/was a SAMSUNG fan boy. For me Android is about customization and that has been my biggest fear leaving Android for IOS. I really love my 12.9 Pro but never really customized my tablets much. I used to hear people say about IOS, "it just works." I have to say that is why I have switched. While I can't customize like I used to, IOS has been very fluid and smooth. I just wish they had a file explorer system that I could manually move files without having to use itunes. I believe itunes is going to be my biggest learning curve. It runs rather slow on my laptop and I am not a patient man!...LOL

Why do you have to use iTunes to move files around? What type of files are we talking about? Maybe we can help. I use google drive and Microsoft One Drive to move files like excel, word, PDF, etc...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen