newbie to ios

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've just bought my first Apple product, an iphone 5s. I've been Android and bb10 for years and never really understood the cult following for the iphone. I've been feeling the itch for a while to give ios a go and see what I'm missing out on. My 5s should arrive in a few days and I can't wait to start playing. This is a tester phone really and if I enjoy it I'll then treat myself to one of the plus versions.
It's there anything I should know as a total newbie? Can I setup an icloud id before I get it on a pc, or do I do that on the phone itself?
Thanks

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congrats on trying IOS. Once you get to know where things are on your new phone, I'm pretty sure you enjoy it. You can set up an Apple ID before and are probably best to do so. Other wise most information can be found here on iMore with a quick search or post. Welcome to IOS and enjoy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! The iPhone is user friendly, but remember it is an iPhone that's different in ways to other platforms. Let us know if problems arise. Some things can be confusing still. Congrats on the 5s. It's a nice phone.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I know the screen size isn't ideal but I'll try and look past that for this initial ios trial period. Is the battery life as bad as people (Android users) say? What screen on time should I expect?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I know the screen size isn't ideal but I'll try and look past that for this initial ios trial period. Is the battery life as bad as people (Android users) say? What screen on time should I expect?

Welcome to iMore and congratulations on your new iPhone and iOS experience (soon anyway ). The battery on my 5s was noticeably better than my Galaxy S3 and Note3 at that time.

Enjoy the site.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 5s in my household and both are pretty decent for battery time. My sons are heavy users and can most times get through a day with it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! Battery life is pretty great actually. If you upgrade to a 6 Plus or 6s Plus at some point it'll be even better.
Info on setting up an Apple ID is in the link.
https://www.apple.com/support/appleid/create-signin/#mn_p

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Congrats on your new 5s. I'm still using my 5s as my daily driver, it's a very nice device. My battery life is pretty good I make it through a day with no problem. Enjoy iOS and your 5s!

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. I haven't
had an Android phone in years but, A few things you might miss from the world of BB. iPhone does not do email nearly as well. You learn to deal with it and then its OK. You may miss the Hub and the notification LED. Be careful around here when you mention BB.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, I think bb10 is almost a perfect os. If the apps were there without work arounds then I wouldn't have left. I saw the writing on the wall when bb went Android and decided to pull out. I hope I can live with ios because Android is becoming a bit stale to me

anon(9208252)

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, I think bb10 is almost a perfect os. If the apps were there without work arounds then I wouldn't have left. I saw the writing on the wall when bb went Android and decided to pull out. I hope I can live with ios because Android is becoming a bit stale to me

I know exactly what your talking about Willis.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Enjoy your new phone - and be sure to hang around and read a lot of the existing threads. Tons of information here :)

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Update. I've received the phone from the eBay seller who is an elderly chap but he hasn't removed his icloud lock so I'm stuck at this point. I've messaged him but had no reply. I think he's genuine but I'm stuck with a paper weight so far. Not a good start to iPhone ownership!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2