Welcome! Good to see ya!

A lot of the CB vets have become more, uh, universal it seems.
    I admit, I still like my BB devices...
    This is what any species would do when staring down the barrel of extinction. The sad part is that many of the "former' CB people here were actually once CB attack dogs.

I didn't really follow CB until I got the Playbook(we won't even get into that), but some of the folks I see over here now were very nasty folks to any 'outsiders'.

Now they're here. Life is indeed funny.
    knighty2112 and mikeo007 like this.
    01-30-2015 11:04 AM
    Why the hate? Is it necessary? If I would have introduced myself and said all great things about the iPhone 6 and nothing about BlackBerry you would not have even commented. Seriously, "die the quiet death it deserves...". Who even talks like that. Don't respond unless you have something objective to say.
    What hate? I was under the impression we were "checking facts", and discussing you being delusional about the fate of BlackBerry ...
    01-30-2015 05:32 PM
    What hate? I was under the impression we were "checking facts", and discussing you being delusional about the fate of BlackBerry ...
    Here's a fact. I've read your posts in a lot of other threads and you have nothing of substance really to add. Your pretty much combative in every thread. We've got terms for that, but I'd rather not get banned. So I'm sure your a super nice person with great intentions. Thanks for your welcome message and commentary.
    grover5 likes this.
    01-30-2015 07:44 PM
    Here's a fact. I've read your posts in a lot of other threads and you have nothing of substance really to add. Your pretty much combative in every thread. We've got terms for that, but I'd rather not get banned. So I'm sure your a super nice person with great intentions. Thanks for your welcome message and commentary.
    By responding to that (which you know he will respond to that) it's opening the door wider for combative conversation. Best just to move on from these types of things and find a more useful conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-30-2015 08:07 PM
    By responding to that (which you know he will respond to that) it's opening the door wider for combative conversation. Best just to move on from these types of things and find a more useful conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I concur. Will do.
    taz323 likes this.
    01-30-2015 09:32 PM
    Welcome to iMore...Enjoy
    02-01-2015 05:22 PM
    The Passport sold 2 million outside the U.S. with the U.S. launch still to come.
    Wooooahhhhh champ...hold on a second there, your Blackberry coloured glasses appear to have skewed your vision. You added an extra undeserved zero to your "fact".

They sold 200,000 passports at last count, and only into the channel, not to actual customers.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    02-02-2015 03:05 PM
    Wooooahhhhh champ...hold on a second there, your Blackberry coloured glasses appear to have skewed your vision. You added an extra undeserved zero to your "fact".

They sold 200,000 passports at last count, and only into the channel, not to actual customers.
    True those 200,000 were sell-in not sell-through, did blackberry make anymore or was that the total production run?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    02-02-2015 04:46 PM

Actually, if you check BlackBerry's Fact Check site, you'll see they took 200,000 preorders of the Passport on Day One between ShopBlackBerry and Amazon. And yes, 2 million have been sold direct to consumers outside the U.S. Seriously, though...let it go. I've moved on an am using an iPhone and have said all good things about Apple. It's okay to have moved on to the iPhone and be happy with it while recognizing BlackBerry has its advantages in a few ways.
    02-02-2015 10:57 PM
    Actually, if you check BlackBerry's Fact Check site, you'll see they took 200,000 preorders of the Passport on Day One between ShopBlackBerry and Amazon. And yes, 2 million have been sold direct to consumers outside the U.S. Seriously, though...let it go. I've moved on an am using an iPhone and have said all good things about Apple. It's okay to have moved on to the iPhone and be happy with it while recognizing BlackBerry has its advantages in a few ways.
    Did the fact check site (blackberry pr) reveal another 200,000 milestone for the passport? No. Didn't think so.

It doesn't even look like the passport broke the half a million units mark.

If blackberry had any advantages other than being cheap they would have a larger user base/market share. They don't.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    02-03-2015 04:09 AM
    Same here mate! I was faithful to Blackberry until Torch and then I finally gave up! I made switch to Z10 in Dec 2013 but couldn't last for more than a month.

Like you, even I am not much into apps but the quality of the apps are superior to any other platform. Banking, travel, weather, sports, movies are the areas of which I usually download/use and I am pretty much content with it. Besides this, the build quality of Apple is known to everyone.

I have MacBook Air, iPad so an addition of iPhone in their ecosystem was a no brainier.

Enjoy and peace out.
    02-03-2015 05:28 AM
    Bringing the discussion back to Apple and iPhones and welcoming a new member.....hope you enjoy your iPhone OP! I'm completely happy with my iOS experience. So much so that I'll be getting a MacBook Pro this year.
    Glad you're here!!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Just_Me_D and agarwal.apar like this.
    02-03-2015 07:20 AM
    Strange, I don't even see anything on the fact check about passport sales. BlackBerry Fact Check | Inside BlackBerry

I think you need some fact checking done.

The only number ever mentioned was the 200k orders. That same number was reiterated at the earnings call in December with the excuse that there was a long lead-time on producing more units.

So if you expect any credibility, you'll need to back up that 2 million number with some facts. Google sure couldn't find anything about it, so I'm eager to see your source.

Or, if you're truly here to explore the community, then please enjoy but refrain from the Blackberry evangelism and rumour spreading. That stuff doesn't generally fly outside of the crackberry litterbox.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 02-03-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    FFR likes this.
    02-03-2015 09:01 AM
    Guys - I don't want to stifle conversation and I'm hardly a BlackBerry fan these days. However, I think we're being a bit hard on a new member.
    Can we welcome him and leave the rest? I'd hate to behave in the same way other sites behave.
    Please let's just say welcome.

agarwal.apar and maritai like this.
    02-03-2015 10:07 AM
    Guys - I don't want to stifle conversation and I'm hardly a BlackBerry fan these days. However, I think we're being a bit hard on a new member.
    Can we welcome him and leave the rest? I'd hate to behave in the same way other sites behave.

I agree. Take it easy, guys! Enjoy your respective device(s)
    02-03-2015 10:24 AM

Of course, always happy to welcome new members. Just want to make sure that the filth stays in the litter box
    FFR likes this.
    02-03-2015 11:43 AM
    Of course, always happy to welcome new members. Just want to make sure that the filth stays in the litter box
    No worries. I understand. Trust me, I understand.

We've got a new member and we want to show some of that groovy Northern California vibe.....

mikeo007 likes this.
    02-03-2015 11:46 AM

We've got a new member

What new member? He's been a member for over a year here, and has 270 posts ...
    FFR likes this.
    02-03-2015 01:49 PM
    What new member? He's been a member for over a year here, and has 270 posts ...
    OK. I'm on Tapatalk so I can't view his profile.

Nevertheless....NO REASON at all to bash anyone's head in because he happens to like another phone ESPECIALLY when he has been civil.

We're a better site than that.

02-03-2015 03:05 PM
    Sorry about all the hate Rosco. It was nice of you to introduce yourself and offer your history. Anyway enjoy whatever you use.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    qbnkelt likes this.
    02-03-2015 03:40 PM
    I too came from the BB world and miss it sometimes. It all depends on what you use it for. Welcome to Apple, hope you find the same happiness BB gave you.
    02-04-2015 12:03 AM
    I got converted too
    02-04-2015 02:16 AM
    I had a slooooowwwwww conversion to a full iPhone lifestyle but I couldn't be happier.
    Love this device. Best device I've ever had. And the platform is fantastic.

02-04-2015 04:59 AM
    Nevertheless....NO REASON at all to bash anyone's head in because he happens to like another phone ESPECIALLY when he has been civil.

We're a better site than that.

Oh please ... let's not create drama where none exist ...
    02-04-2015 12:41 PM
    Oh please ... let's not create drama where none exist ...
    Are you COMPLETELY devoid of the ability to make one single positive statement in this thread? STOP.
    02-04-2015 12:43 PM
57 123