Hi folks, Im from portugal, and Im 20yo.
    I have an Android phone rn, a galaxy s3, but im getting very frustrated with it, and rage after rage I started to think about getting a Blackberry (Q10), which imo is a great device, very fluid but the lack of native apps got me and I realized I'd be much behind everybody else.
    Next wednesday I'll get my 5S or 5C (Im more into the 5S because of the fingerprint, build quality and the slowmo feature)

My first question (I dont know if it was already answered, but i cant find it here on iMore) is :
    I love all the 3 colors, but in your opinion which is the one that we dont notice scratches easily?

PEACE OUT BYE.
    05-05-2014 12:14 PM
    Hi folks, Im from portugal, and Im 20yo.
    I have an Android phone rn, a galaxy s3, but im getting very frustrated with it, and rage after rage I started to think about getting a Blackberry (Q10), which imo is a great device, very fluid but the lack of native apps got me and I realized I'd be much behind everybody else.
    Next wednesday I'll get my 5S or 5C (Im more into the 5S because of the fingerprint, build quality and the slowmo feature)

My first question (I dont know if it was already answered, but i cant find it here on iMore) is :
    I love all the 3 colors, but in your opinion which is the one that we dont notice scratches easily?

PEACE OUT BYE.
    Hello!
    Welcome to iMore.com. We have a tremendous user base that is very helpful and knowledgeable.
    If you need anything, please reach out to me. Please take sometime and familiarize yourself with our Community Rules and Guidelines. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanks and again glad to have you here!!
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-05-2014 12:26 PM
    Hi Berrynoid and welcome to iMore!

I think the darker colours will show scratches more if, as I believe, the dark colour doesn't run all the way through the metal.

Usually the bezel of a phone will be coated in the colour rather than the metal actually being created in the colour, so any scratch would show the silver metal beneath. This would be more noticeable on a darker phone.

Whilst the 5C is a great phone, the 5S is simply perfect in my opinion. Good luck with it.

(I favour the gold colour, by the way).
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-05-2014 12:28 PM
    Welcome to iMore. We appreciate you taking the time to introduce yourself. Take a look around the forums. Enjoy your stay.
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-05-2014 02:00 PM
    Welcome to iMore

We are pleased to have you as one of our new members. The Gold is great but the silver might hide the scratches the best but if your careful you won't have to many it's like a new car don't park it in a pocket full of keys
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-05-2014 04:36 PM
    Welcome to iMore and super glad to have a new member join our group. I hope you like it here as much as we do and if you need anything, Just ask.
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-05-2014 05:24 PM
    Bom dia, Berrynoid.
    I'm not an Ambassador or Moderator or anything, which makes me feel a bit inadequate posting here, but anyway.. welcome
    With regard to your question: If you want to carry your iPhone around 'naked' and like having a pristine looking device - go for the white/silver one.
    I've got my iP5 since 2012, never been a huge fan of cases and therefore it sure had to suffer some drops and contact with keys/coins in my pocket. Almost 2 years later it still looks great, both edges and back. We've got some black iPhones in the family; they're a year younger than my white Phone, also have never seen a case and already look worse than mine. As for the golden iPhone: A friend of mine has been using hers for 4-5 months, actually uses a very thin case and yet I can make out very visible scratches at the back of the phone. I don't think it's as "bad" as it is with the black ones, but still more prone to scratches than white/silver.

I've got a blue 5C as well... and as counterintuitive as it may sound, I think they are the most robust iPhones. I've tried to scratch it, I've dropped it... it is VERY solid. You give it a good wipe and it looks brand new. So yeah, it is a very good option to consider as well. If you prefer the look of the 5S though and fancy Touch ID, go for that

That's all I had to say. Good luck!
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-06-2014 12:02 AM
    melbsteve never feel inadequate around here.
    melbsteve and Spencerdl like this.
    05-06-2014 12:10 AM
    Welcome to IMore and enjoy your new iPhone when you get.
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-06-2014 12:22 AM
    Bom dia, Berrynoid.
    I'm not an Ambassador or Moderator or anything, which makes me feel a bit inadequate posting here, but anyway.. welcome
    With regard to your question: If you want to carry your iPhone around 'naked' and like having a pristine looking device - go for the white/silver one.
    I've got my iP5 since 2012, never been a huge fan of cases and therefore it sure had to suffer some drops and contact with keys/coins in my pocket. Almost 2 years later it still looks great, both edges and back. We've got some black iPhones in the family; they're a year younger than my white Phone, also have never seen a case and already look worse than mine. As for the golden iPhone: A friend of mine has been using hers for 4-5 months, actually uses a very thin case and yet I can make out very visible scratches at the back of the phone. I don't think it's as "bad" as it is with the black ones, but still more prone to scratches than white/silver.

I've got a blue 5C as well... and as counterintuitive as it may sound, I think they are the most robust iPhones. I've tried to scratch it, I've dropped it... it is VERY solid. You give it a good wipe and it looks brand new. So yeah, it is a very good option to consider as well. If you prefer the look of the 5S though and fancy Touch ID, go for that

That's all I had to say. Good luck!
    Thanks a lot for your feedback!
    And I'm really thinking about getting the 5s just because I've been using plastic for some years (i know the 5c plastics are not the same as HTC or samsung) and just because it will be my first iphone I want to feel the real feel of the iPhone the premium aluminium.
    I'm really considering the silver one or the black!

Cheers!
    05-06-2014 08:21 AM
    Welcome to iMore, and best of luck with your soon to be new iPhone 5s.....ENJOY
    05-06-2014 08:34 AM
    Welcome to iMore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    05-06-2014 09:50 PM
    Hi everybody, I just got the iphone 5s Space Grey and I couldnt be happier, thank you all for your advices!
    kataran likes this.
    05-07-2014 12:08 PM
    Hi everybody, I just got the iphone 5s Space Grey and I couldnt be happier, thank you all for your advices!
    Congratulations Berry
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    05-07-2014 12:09 PM
    05-09-2014 10:20 AM
    Lucky son of a gun you! I wish I had gotten the space grey over the silver. Well enjoy your new phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Welcome. It's the best decision you could make
    05-09-2014 10:35 AM
    Thank you for introducing yourself to the iMore community, and welcome...
    05-12-2014 10:02 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    05-12-2014 05:45 PM
    Welcome to iMore!!!!
    05-13-2014 08:52 PM