Hi All, I switched from BB10 to the iPhone 5s

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. It's one thing having an app. It's another if that app actually works and is efficient.

A lot of apps are not yet available headless either. According to cb anyway. Bummer.

Of course, they wouldn't be, headless isn't a necessity for many apps, for example would you create a headless video game? You could but who isn't actively engaged in a video game sop they open?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Of course, they wouldn't be, headless isn't a necessity for many apps, for example would you create a headless video game? You could but who isn't actively engaged in a video game sop they open?

I meant some apps that should be headless aren't yet.

That's why researching is needed! You can say "of course BlackBerry has boa with mobile deposits! Duh!" But if it doesn't work or is buggy, then what is the point? So like you said earlier it's hard to trust some people's info and opinions.

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I meant some apps that should be headless aren't yet.

That's why researching is needed! You can say "of course BlackBerry has boa with mobile deposits! Duh!" But if it doesn't work or is buggy, then what is the point? So like you said earlier it's hard to trust some people's info and opinions.

Yeah, I can't speak on it, you are correct, I don't use BOA or mobile deposit. Agree I'm sure a native app would be better.

CardsFan314

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. It's one thing having an app. It's another if that app actually works and is efficient.

A lot of apps are not yet available headless either. According to cb anyway. Bummer.

That's why I cringe/chuckle whenever someone states "the app gap is closed". Blackberry users are jumping through a lot of hoops just to get a sub par experience.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You guys, can say what you want BB10 OS is freaking brilliant, purely as an OS, it's beast.

Check video , of 10.2.1 because I'm convinced most people here still think bberries of old instead of the modern OS that is bb10, i think it's best in business, gestures are the wave of the future and nobody on a touch screen has done it better, the sleeping bear has had its tail pulled. IMHO best mobile OS
Not best ecosystem but purely OS

http://t.crackberry.com/video-walkthrough-blackberry-os-1021-new-features

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You guys, can say what you want BB10 OS is freaking brilliant, purely as an OS, it's beast.

Check video , of 10.2.1 because I'm convinced most people here still think bberries of old instead of the modern OS that is bb10, i think it's best in business, gestures are the wave of the future and nobody on a touch screen has done it better, the sleeping bear has had its tail pulled. IMHO best mobile OS
Not best ecosystem but purely OS

http://t.crackberry.com/video-walkthrough-blackberry-os-1021-new-features

Actually it's not. Bb10 is a mess.
Bb barely sold less than 300,000 bb10 devices last quarter (I believe they shipped 1.1 million bb10 devices though).

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually it's not. Bb10 is a mess.
Bb barely sold less than 300,000 bb10 devices last quarter (I believe they shipped 1.1 million bb10 devices though).

And I read a article that Blackberry was having a unprecedented amount of returns...m

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
And I read a article that Blackberry was having a unprecedented amount of returns...m

Lol that's an understatement.
Apparently legacy bb users have fallen to below 30 million users (down from around 70 million) and bb10 hasn't even breached the 4 million user threshold, it's frankly pathetic.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Apparently legacy bb users have fallen to below 30 million users (down from around 70 million) and bb10 hasn't even breached the 4 million user threshold, it's frankly pathetic.

#failblackberry

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Frehley bro.
Most welcome @ iMore | wonder move you have did | Congratulations 4 ur dashing 5S hope you enjoy more | Stay tune to get latest update & help

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

False, rumor started by an analyst in April, 2013, after global launch, of bb10. The return rate was no more or less than the average rate for higher end devices. Blackberry later sued the analyst company.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

False number of users is still roughly 70 million, due to strong sales in emerging markets. Also incorrect bberry sold far more than 4 million bb10 devices , you are looking at numbers for 1 quarter. The issue is bbOS device sales are still stronger than bb10. Mainly due again to emerging market sales are still bbOS devices

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
just see effect of mobile market that BB slashed there 1st BB10os device Z10 prices to RS-18000 from rs3000 in india.

Yes it's been more than year since release of z10, of course pricing will go down. It's also true that bberry isn't selling enough bb10 devices. Bberries biggest issue is perception , the impending doom talk hurt sales, when sales guys make preposterous claims like the company is bankrupt and ask why would you get a berry, of course there will be issues. Although the state of affairs is made much dire than it was. Creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

The actual product is extremely good for those who have bothered to actually use it. the actual bb10 OS is extremely strong and IMHO the most advanced of the major mobile oS , which is expected it's only 1 year old. But This also hurts the ecosystem, iOS is 7 years old and android 5.5 years old, the app lead is clearly in the corner of the older platforms, and fact is people care more about apps and perception, than they do about features and functionality of the OS itself.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
False number of users is still roughly 70 million, due to strong sales in emerging markets. Also incorrect bberry soldSHIPPED far more than 4 million bb10 devices , you are looking at numbers for 1 quarter. The issue is bbOS device sales are still stronger than bb10. Mainly due again to emerging market sales are still bbOS devices

Um no.
Emerging markets have collapsed for blackberry.
Bb shipped more than 4 million bb10 devices I believe the number is around 6 or 7 million, unfortunately they sold less. You can check the earnings report, sell through was consistently around or less then 60% (not counting deferred shipments or returns).
Bb10 is an utter failure for bb, they are even bringing back the belt (buttons) found in legacy bb devices because their gesture based os wasn't SELLING.

Emerging or developed market, neither makes a difference. Blackberry has lost marketshare everywhere, even in Indonesia where blackberry's marketshare has declined from 40% to 14%.

I was just at mwc, rumor over there was that BB's worldwide marketshare has now dipped below 20 million and dropping fast.
May they RIP.

Ps: "BlackBerry loses $4.4 billion on unsold phones, up from a $965 million loss the previous quarter"

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...llion-on-unsold-phones-declining-asset-value/

Strong sales :ROFLMAO:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Long time BlackBerry user, loved the legacy devices and tried to love BB10, but grew tired of the lack of apps and overall functionality. I had dabbled in iPhones before, but always went back to BB. Well, I had activated my old 4s about a week ago and realized that it was much more polished and had "more of what I needed" so went to the local Apple store and got a 5s...off contract. Not a cheap return to the iOS world. So far, it has been worth it...functions as I want, fast and smooth, and the apps that I need.

Just wanted to share that I think that I have found a winner!

Welcome back to the iMore fold!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2