Does BlackBerry have BOA mobile deposits yet? That's one I've been waiting for.
    01-30-2014 04:32 AM
    Does BlackBerry have BOA mobile deposits yet? That's one I've been waiting for.
    Yup, it now has every app that exists on android a button away.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-30-2014 06:45 AM

Ok Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I have no interest in side loading. I hope they get native apps soon!
    01-30-2014 12:43 PM
    I like they BlackBerry operating system. I just dislike Android and Google so much. Want BlackBerry to be BlackBerry. Blah.
    01-30-2014 12:47 PM
    Ok Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I have no interest in side loading. I hope they get native apps soon!
    Yes, but native apps will take years people forget that iOS app system is 7 years old. Also. Unless there is some performance gain there is no need to write a native app, as the android ports run in bb10. An app like BOA, probably wouldn't gain much from native app, although lots of cool features that native apps can take advantage of like headless apps, meaning an app that can run without actually being open. Integration to hub, etc....

01-30-2014 03:11 PM
    Not very likely. Now that Blackberry is leeching off Android's app ecosystem, I think you're going to see fewer and fewer native apps on the platform. Why would a developer waste time to build an app for a miniscule Blackberry 10 userbase, when they could develop it for Android, and submit it to Blackberry's app store as well for zero extra effort. Plus, with Blackberry pulling out of the consumer space, any native apps will likely be limited to purpose-built business apps.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-30-2014 03:38 PM
    70 million isn't exactly minuscule, that puts you squarely as #3

Just comparatively minuscule

Spencerdl likes this.
    01-30-2014 04:18 PM

I was just looking into this in cb. Looks like the Bank of America mobile deposits does not work on BlackBerry. I'll keep waiting. That's a big one for me.

andrewwdai said:
    01-19-2014 10:02 AM
    I know it does not work for Bank of America and Wells Fargo in U.S. Not sure if I need to open another bank account and give it a try. Sad, sad, sad, there is something wrong with either camera compatibility or apk itself. Even converted into BARs and sideloaded it but no luck.
    02-01-2014 07:07 PM
    I was just looking into this in cb. Looks like the Bank of America mobile deposits does not work on BlackBerry. I'll keep waiting. That's a big one for me.

andrewwdai said:
    01-19-2014 10:02 AM
    I know it does not work for Bank of America and Wells Fargo in U.S. Not sure if I need to open another bank account and give it a try. Sad, sad, sad, there is something wrong with either camera compatibility or apk itself. Even converted into BARs and sideloaded it but no luck.
    Yeah, that's no good, I never use mobile deposits though... For me not an issue but bet it is for SBs or those without direct deposit...

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    Last edited by acadia11; 02-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    02-01-2014 07:55 PM
    Yeah. It's one thing having an app. It's another if that app actually works and is efficient.

A lot of apps are not yet available headless either. According to cb anyway. Bummer.
    02-01-2014 09:54 PM
    Yeah. It's one thing having an app. It's another if that app actually works and is efficient.

A lot of apps are not yet available headless either. According to cb anyway. Bummer.
    Of course, they wouldn't be, headless isn't a necessity for many apps, for example would you create a headless video game? You could but who isn't actively engaged in a video game sop they open?

02-01-2014 11:13 PM
    Of course, they wouldn't be, headless isn't a necessity for many apps, for example would you create a headless video game? You could but who isn't actively engaged in a video game sop they open?

I meant some apps that should be headless aren't yet.

That's why researching is needed! You can say "of course BlackBerry has boa with mobile deposits! Duh!" But if it doesn't work or is buggy, then what is the point? So like you said earlier it's hard to trust some people's info and opinions.
    Last edited by Chrisy; 02-02-2014 at 06:20 AM.
    mikeo007 and anon(73368) like this.
    02-02-2014 06:06 AM
    I meant some apps that should be headless aren't yet.

That's why researching is needed! You can say "of course BlackBerry has boa with mobile deposits! Duh!" But if it doesn't work or is buggy, then what is the point? So like you said earlier it's hard to trust some people's info and opinions.
    Yeah, I can't speak on it, you are correct, I don't use BOA or mobile deposit. Agree I'm sure a native app would be better.

02-02-2014 10:35 PM

That's why I cringe/chuckle whenever someone states "the app gap is closed". Blackberry users are jumping through a lot of hoops just to get a sub par experience.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    reeneebob, mikeo007 and Chrisy like this.
    02-03-2014 11:29 PM
    Been there, done that... Glad to have you back.
    02-06-2014 08:47 AM
    You guys, can say what you want BB10 OS is freaking brilliant, purely as an OS, it's beast.

Check video , of 10.2.1 because I'm convinced most people here still think bberries of old instead of the modern OS that is bb10, i think it's best in business, gestures are the wave of the future and nobody on a touch screen has done it better, the sleeping bear has had its tail pulled. IMHO best mobile OS
    Not best ecosystem but purely OS

http://t.crackberry.com/video-walkth...1-new-features

02-06-2014 01:29 PM
    You guys, can say what you want BB10 OS is freaking brilliant, purely as an OS, it's beast.

Check video , of 10.2.1 because I'm convinced most people here still think bberries of old instead of the modern OS that is bb10, i think it's best in business, gestures are the wave of the future and nobody on a touch screen has done it better, the sleeping bear has had its tail pulled. IMHO best mobile OS
    Not best ecosystem but purely OS

http://t.crackberry.com/video-walkth...1-new-features

Actually it's not. Bb10 is a mess.
    Bb barely sold less than 300,000 bb10 devices last quarter (I believe they shipped 1.1 million bb10 devices though).
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    02-20-2014 08:06 PM
    Actually it's not. Bb10 is a mess.
    Bb barely sold less than 300,000 bb10 devices last quarter (I believe they shipped 1.1 million bb10 devices though).
    And I read a article that Blackberry was having a unprecedented amount of returns...m

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    02-20-2014 08:08 PM
    And I read a article that Blackberry was having a unprecedented amount of returns...m

Lol that's an understatement.
    Apparently legacy bb users have fallen to below 30 million users (down from around 70 million) and bb10 hasn't even breached the 4 million user threshold, it's frankly pathetic.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    02-20-2014 08:12 PM
    Apparently legacy bb users have fallen to below 30 million users (down from around 70 million) and bb10 hasn't even breached the 4 million user threshold, it's frankly pathetic.
    #failblackberry

FFR likes this.
    02-20-2014 08:14 PM
    Hi Frehley bro.
    Most welcome @ iMore | wonder move you have did | Congratulations 4 ur dashing 5S hope you enjoy more | Stay tune to get latest update & help
    02-20-2014 11:53 PM
    Welcome
    02-26-2014 09:00 PM

False, rumor started by an analyst in April, 2013, after global launch, of bb10. The return rate was no more or less than the average rate for higher end devices. Blackberry later sued the analyst company.

02-26-2014 11:12 PM
    False number of users is still roughly 70 million, due to strong sales in emerging markets. Also incorrect bberry sold far more than 4 million bb10 devices , you are looking at numbers for 1 quarter. The issue is bbOS device sales are still stronger than bb10. Mainly due again to emerging market sales are still bbOS devices

02-26-2014 11:15 PM
    just see effect of mobile market that BB slashed there 1st BB10os device Z10 prices to RS-18000 from rs3000 in india.
    02-26-2014 11:53 PM
87 1234