I came over to the dark side.

coasterfan68

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. New to the iPhone world after trading my gs4 for the iPhone 5. After being a committed Android user, I grew tired of waiting for OS updates that would come a year later, or never come at all, so I wanted to see how life was on the Apple side of life. After a week, I'm glad I did. No more crashing of apps, OS updates (ios7 is great) across the board, and, I can now hold the phone in one hand, and my thumb can reach the entire screen.
Sure there are some things I will miss in Android, and some things I will hate about the iPhone, but in the end, I'm glad I switched.
BTW, after coming here on the forums, reading the posts from iPhone users, their likes, and dislikes, is when I decided I needed to switch. So, it's all your fault ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We'll gladly shoulder the blame for that - as long as you don't expect us to pay for this new habit. ;)

​Welcome to iMore!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore coasterfan. Congrats on your new iPhone. One thing is certain, you will definitely receive timely updates with iOS.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Just about all your points made are what forced me to pick the iPhone over all other phones. And yes, iOS 7 does indeed rock.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You will for sure find it brighter over here than from the dark side so with that Welcome to iMore and your new habit. If you need anything please ask and don't be afraid to take your new addiction and jump into the forums that interest you and just have fun. We do! :)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Everyone can use a change here and there and people do have different taste.. I have been a blackberry user before and been back and forth on iPhone and now been on iPhone for the past couple years and love it.. Not bored of it and now with iOS 7 just released don't think I will be changing for a while

coasterfan68

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everybody for the welcome. So far really enjoying the iPhone, even though I still find myself trying to do things like it's an android.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everybody for the welcome. So far really enjoying the iPhone, even though I still find myself trying to do things like it's an android.

That will pass with time. I have used android, windows phone and blackberry and overall I like iOS the best. There are things I like and dislike about all of them but iOS really works best for me. That's all that really matters. You have to use what works for you. Welcome and enjoy.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. New to the iPhone world after trading my gs4 for the iPhone 5. After being a committed Android user, I grew tired of waiting for OS updates that would come a year later, or never come at all, so I wanted to see how life was on the Apple side of life. After a week, I'm glad I did. No more crashing of apps, OS updates (ios7 is great) across the board, and, I can now hold the phone in one hand, and my thumb can reach the entire screen.
Sure there are some things I will miss in Android, and some things I will hate about the iPhone, but in the end, I'm glad I switched.
BTW, after coming here on the forums, reading the posts from iPhone users, their likes, and dislikes, is when I decided I needed to switch. So, it's all your fault ;).

It wasn't our fault. It was your choice. You could have gotten a cheap Motorola Razr if you wanted. Haha, just kidding. We mind warped you. Muahahaha. Welcome to iOS. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore coasterfan,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Sunrize70

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am also a new defector from Android. Like you, there are things about Android I miss, but for the most part, I am enjoying the Apple life very much.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Welcome,

You did not come to the dark side. You were seeking further enlightenment...And found it.

Again, welcome

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome, I too came from the "Dark Side" using Android since about 08-09 up until the iphone 5S released I definitely see what you mean.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2