Hey now ya I'm that guy who traded his (GS4) for this blk 32gb iPhone 5 and I'm still getting use to the size but I am really enjoying it so far at first my main concern was my contacts in google,that was an easy fix now have all my contacts and music both iTunes, and google play music on my phone. so any how here I am that guy introducing himself to this great IPhone community.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by geezio; 09-08-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Ipheuria and nikkisharif like this.
    09-08-2013 08:35 AM
    Welcome to iMore. I hope it is your intent to become a longtime member of our community because we'd love to have you among us. Feel free to read throughout the forums and participate as you see fit within the boundaries of our Community Rules & Guidelines, of course, that can be read HERE. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Take care...
    09-08-2013 08:55 AM
    Welcome! Glad to hear you saw the light and came over from the dark side. I hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to search the forums and ask lots of questions.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    09-08-2013 09:51 AM
    Welcome to iMore! This is an awesome community. We're glad you're here.
    09-08-2013 10:56 AM
    Welcome to Imore, geezio... good luck with the new iPhone... feel free to ask around if you have any questions. That’s why we exist.
    09-08-2013 11:00 AM
    Welcome to iMore. I'm sure you adjust quickly.
    09-08-2013 12:50 PM
    Hello geezio and hope you enjoy that new iPhone of yours ! Welcome to iMore
    09-08-2013 03:57 PM
    Thank you Geezio for introducing yourself to your new community and we certainly are excited to have you. You must not have had your previous phone long or even had time to join AC. Anyway feel free to browse as many forums as you can especially of course the IP5 forum. If you have anything you need to know or how to do besides the IP5 forum, we have a forum that mainly the Ambassadors have written under the How to guides and write ups to assist you along. One again thank you for joining us and welcome to the family!
    09-08-2013 04:01 PM
    With something as easy and intuitive to use as iOS, it won't take you long to blend in

Posted via CB10
    09-08-2013 06:56 PM
    Welcome glad to have you here on iMore.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    09-08-2013 10:29 PM
    Hey now ya I'm that guy who traded his (GS4) for this blk 32gb iPhone 5 and I'm still getting use to the size but I am really enjoying it so far at first my main concern was my contacts in google,that was an easy fix now have all my contacts and music both iTunes, and google play music on my phone. so any how here I am that guy introducing himself to this great IPhone community.

How did you get google play music on your 5? I just switched back to iphone from a One and I miss that app
    09-09-2013 03:31 AM
    Hi geezio. Welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy your iPhone 5.
    09-09-2013 05:03 AM
    Welcome to iMore geezio,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!
    09-09-2013 11:29 AM
    I wouldnt recommend iTunes for contacts though. I would recommend syncing your contacts with Google via Carddav and Mail and Calendar with IMAP. That way you can move around without having to figure how to move your stuff.
    09-09-2013 03:43 PM

What app are you using to get your google play music on your iPhone? I purchased gMusic and I'm not a fan at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-09-2013 10:48 PM
    There is an app called "app for google music" in the App Store.

09-10-2013 06:02 AM
    There is an app called "app for google music" in the App Store.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/10/yhu3e8eh.jpg

look at that you're already showing other users stuff. Welcome and enjoy no matter what device you're rocking.

posted on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7
    09-10-2013 12:17 PM
    Welcome and as a recent android convert I understand your questions. You'll find that the iPhone is way snappier than anything android has to offer. Enjoy and welcome to the dark side where the koolaid is always room temperature.
    09-11-2013 02:54 AM
    Welcome

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    09-11-2013 02:56 AM
    Welcome!
    09-17-2013 04:03 PM
    Welcome aboard! Now that you've got the right device, this is the place to learn how to maximize it's usage and functionality. The braintrust here is huge. They'll be able to answer any questions you may have.
    geezio likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:43 PM
    Welcome! My names Blake. This is an awesome community filled with good people that know their stuff about stuff. Haha.

Anyway, shoot me a pm if you have any questions and I'll help with as much as I can.
    geezio likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:54 PM
    Earlier I had a bb and a nexus 4. Then I moved from bb to iPhone5. No doubt earlier I wasn't like the feel of the phone that much but it tends to grow on you. The major thing that I miss from my nexus 4 is the swipe keyboard. If only apple allowed third-party keyboard.

All my data is on google. For music I use gmusic 2, got the paid version and loving it.

Let's see how it holds up.

Just one thing fellows, does it usually take that much time for a jail break? Coz I have my n4 rooted and would like to jailbreak my ip5 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-12-2013 03:13 PM
    Welcome to iMore, geezio! If they let someone like me post around here, I'd say they're very accommodating regardless of what your manufacturer allegiances are.

Just one thing fellows, does it usually take that much time for a jail break? Coz I have my n4 rooted and would like to jailbreak my ip5 too.
    From what I've gleaned on it, it doesn't seem any harder than rooting an Android. Someone here can correct me on this, but the tricky part I see is having to update your jailbreak software every time Apple does firmware updates to its OS. The update will overwrite whatever you've done with jaibreaking. Also, jailbreaking certainly voids your warranty.
    11-12-2013 05:06 PM
    Welcome to iMore, geezio! If they let someone like me post around here, I'd say they're very accommodating regardless of what your manufacturer allegiances are.

From what I've gleaned on it, it doesn't seem any harder than rooting an Android. Someone here can correct me on this, but the tricky part I see is having to update your jailbreak software every time Apple does firmware updates to its OS. The update will overwrite whatever you've done with jaibreaking. Also, jailbreaking certainly voids your warranty.
    Only sort of voids your warranty. You can always restore to remove the jailbreak before service. And if it's a clear hardware issue even that's probably not needed.
    jsarino likes this.
    11-12-2013 05:30 PM
30 12