From sour BlackBerrys to sweet Apples

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So I have been a BlackBerry enthusiast for quite a few years, I waited for the Z10 and used my Bold 9930 for damn near 3 years just to come to the realization that it wasn't worth it. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy my time with my Berry, just time for something new and BB10 isn't really it. Once the cool factor of a brand new device wears off you're stuck with a phone with a crippled app store, a device that you have to sideload essential apps and that still has lots of catching up to do. And for anyone wondering, I did play with my buddies Z10 for a couple hours. The ingredients are their, but still isn't done cooking. With that said their is quite a few buzz around the Z10 and for Apple to still be luring people to a 6 month old iPhone is quite a feat. But during my stay with BlackBerry I learned that the media is a two faced b****, and oh how they love to see the great fall. I'm starting to see some Apple bashers and so far Apple has had a 'media pass' and has enjoyed relaxed opinions. Well not so much now, Apple needs to blow people away again to maintain their grip. For now I'm still using my Bold 9930 but in a week I will have my iPhone 5 and am legitimately excited for it.(I already have a grovemade case waiting for it!) I know the iPhone 5 successor isn't too far off but i'm done playing the waiting game. Any reply or criticism is welcome, can't wait for next week!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I have been a BlackBerry enthusiast for quite a few years, I waited for the Z10 and used my Bold 9930 for damn near 3 years just to come to the realization that it wasn't worth it. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy my time with my Berry, just time for something new and BB10 isn't really it. Once the cool factor of a brand new device wears off you're stuck with a phone with a crippled app store, a device that you have to sideload essential apps and that still has lots of catching up to do. And for anyone wondering, I did play with my buddies Z10 for a couple hours. The ingredients are their, but still isn't done cooking. With that said their is quite a few buzz around the Z10 and for Apple to still be luring people to a 6 month old iPhone is quite a feat. But during my stay with BlackBerry I learned that the media is a two faced b****, and oh how they love to see the great fall. I'm starting to see some Apple bashers and so far Apple has had a 'media pass' and has enjoyed relaxed opinions. Well not so much now, Apple needs to blow people away again to maintain their grip. For now I'm still using my Bold 9930 but in a week I will have my iPhone 5 and am legitimately excited for it.(I already have a grovemade case waiting for it!) I know the iPhone 5 successor isn't too far off but i'm done playing the waiting game. Any reply or criticism is welcome, can't wait for next week!

No criticism here. Welcome to the world of IOS and glad to have you choose the iMore forums as a new member. When you get your new IP5 and if you have any questions please fell free to ask us. Browse around the different places especially the IP5 forum to get ready for your new phone. Again welcome.;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Every platform has its supporters and bashers. We just kinda go with the flow, and don't let the bashers bother us. You'll find a wealth of information here, and lots of knowledgeable people who have been answering iPhone questions for years.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
All I can say is excellent choice. I've used blackberries for years. From the 7230 all the way to the 9700 including the bb flip phones. As you stated on your post, bb has a lot of catching up to do to even be in the same category as iPhone. I've use every other platform as well at one time or another. Including palm and danger sidekick. I'm very happy to end up with the iPhone 5 after all of my smartphone journeys. Enjoy your new device. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was a longtime BB user myself going back to the Pearl 8130 my last BB was the 9930. I've had my 4s since last November, I'm very pleased with iOS and haven't looked back.There are lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people here to help you. Enjoy your new device and welcome to iMore!

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I have been browsing the iMore forums for a while and have never seen such a well rounded community. CrackBerry used to be this way but has lately turned into a bashing frenzy on anyone who disapproves the Z10. Looking forward to learning and contributing to these forums. Thanks again!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard. Everything that Alli stated was spot-on so make yourself at home and enjoy the forum and your new device. Take care...)

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I have been browsing the iMore forums for a while and have never seen such a well rounded community. CrackBerry used to be this way but has lately turned into a bashing frenzy on anyone who disapproves the Z10. Looking forward to learning and contributing to these forums. Thanks again!

+1 and what carrier will you be buying from? I still have a 9930 on VZW.

Thomas Tompkins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I Gave blackberry z10 and Rimm one last chance after 2 months of no updates no skype tons of problems with email active sync and stupid facebook and intergration of contacts and BS like that I came back to a brand new Iphone 5. So far I'm luving it. huge upgrade over a 3gs which i owned for the last 3 years.

qbeebo1

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I played with the BB10 in the store and I got confused by it....maybe that's just me.
I didn't like it enuf to buy I feel like it should be on Android OS...I don't see what all the hype was about with this phone
I wouldn't buy it, I used to be an avid BB user, times changed (the pearl use to rok!)

SourBB

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
+1 and what carrier will you be buying from? I still have a 9930 on VZW.

I'll be buying from Verizon, i don't have the money currently to purchase off contract so i will be giving up my unlimited data. :( I thought by now I would have my iPhone but VZW has declared otherwise. Monday after clinicals i'm shooting down to Verizon to finally get my device!

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll be buying from Verizon, i don't have the money currently to purchase off contract so i will be giving up my unlimited data. :( I thought by now I would have my iPhone but VZW has declared otherwise. Monday after clinicals i'm shooting down to Verizon to finally get my device!

Awesome. Feel free to ask me any questions. I've had mine for 2+ weeks now and been through the paces

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I played with the BB10 in the store and I got confused by it....maybe that's just me.
I didn't like it enuf to buy I feel like it should be on Android OS...I don't see what all the hype was about with this phone
I wouldn't buy it, I used to be an avid BB user, times changed (the pearl use to rok!)

That's too bad you had that experience. The Z10 and BB10 is a very different experience for a BB user from the Pearl days so I can understand that. Personally it works great for me. Good luck with your device of choice and peace

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I changed over to the Iphone 5 in early February from over 5 years of BB usage. I waited for the Z10 launch and then gave up, when RIM gave up on BIS. I hate the complicated Android OS and Ios was a no-brainer. Ever since my change over, I have stopped wasting my time over endless forum browsing, looking to find answers for problems I had on BBOS or trying to help people having problems or waiting for new phones to launch or waiting for OS updates, etc etc.
I have become more efficient :rolleyes: ever since I have started using Iphone 5. This phone/OS has no problem whatsoever at all ( after the learning curve ) and the simple OS makes things easy.
The only time I browse for phone related things, is when I need to buy an accessory, which are abundant.

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I changed over to the Iphone 5 in early February from over 5 years of BB usage. I waited for the Z10 launch and then gave up, when RIM gave up on BIS. I hate the complicated Android OS and Ios was a no-brainer. Ever since my change over, I have stopped wasting my time over endless forum browsing, looking to find answers for problems I had on BBOS or trying to help people having problems or waiting for new phones to launch or waiting for OS updates, etc etc.
I have become more efficient :rolleyes: ever since I have started using Iphone 5. This phone/OS has no problem whatsoever at all ( after the learning curve ) and the simple OS makes things easy.
The only time I browse for phone related things, is when I need to buy an accessory, which are abundant.

Glad you're happy with iphone and I'm happy for you. For the record, the carriers essentially forced BB to abandon BIS and the additional overhead cost for them. BIS still exists and operates today for other BBOSs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73