First Apple product arriving tomorrow

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
You can still just scroll down the notification bar and shows all your calendar appointments for that day. Messages also.
Thanks, I was more talking about just picking up my phone and glancing at the Calendar Tile or Widget.

It is definitely not a deal breaker just something I need to get used to. 😊

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I was more talking about just picking up my phone and glancing at the Calendar Tile or Widget.

It is definitely not a deal breaker just something I need to get used to. 😊

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Yeah I hear ya I had blackberry for 7 years and it took me a solid 6-8 months to really branch away.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah don't get me wrong I love the way the iPhone feels in my hands and the app quality is good also but the closed system and 4 in screen and iTunes is deal breakers for me. Which one u have? 32gb 64 black white?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with the 5, I am curious to see how you like it. I currently have the Galaxy Stellar, it is getting JB update starting tomorrow. My upgrade is not until mid May, but I have been on the fence between that and the S4.
Verizon will not let me upgrade early if I choose the 5, and 30 days early on certain Android devices if I choose that route. Android has it's quirks, but I admit, I like the OS. The dealbreaker will be the the keyboard on the S4. I am forced to use Swiftkey because of the typing issues.
If it is anything like my Stellar, I will buy the 5. Also I need to see how the JB update is. Hopefully smoother than ICS with less freeze ups.

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah don't get me wrong I love the way the iPhone feels in my hands and the app quality is good also but the closed system and 4 in screen and iTunes is deal breakers for me. Which one u have? 32gb 64 black white?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

I got the back 16 gig for close to nothing, with an upgrade in August and December still available. What can I say, I have a way with words.

So far I'm enjoying the experience. It has a few things I miss that I haven't touched on yet.

There is no notification light or LED. I have the camera flash set up to flash when notifications and calls come through, but it is not constant. Only when the notification arrives.

On the other hand the stock reminder system I find works near flawlessly, even the location based reminders.

I find apps needlessly using data more so than the same apps on Android used.

I did find some games that honestly blew my mind.

I'm having a hard time getting use to editing with the keyboard, cursor placement I found to be more user friendly in Android.

I know there is more but those are the latest thoughts at the front of my mind.

Sent from the Forbidden Fruit

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the back 16 gig for close to nothing, with an upgrade in August and December still available. What can I say, I have a way with words.

So far I'm enjoying the experience. It has a few things I miss that I haven't touched on yet.

There is no notification light or LED. I have the camera flash set up to flash when notifications and calls come through, but it is not constant. Only when the notification arrives.

On the other hand the stock reminder system I find works near flawlessly, even the location based reminders.

I'm having a hard time getting use to editing with the keyboard, cursor placement I found to be more user friendly in Android.

Coming from a bb I miss the led and that's about it.

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Let's not go down that LED road again shall we? Thats a dead horse well beaten... search the forums if you like... :D

Newbie sharing first impressions. I see this is a well debated topic, I mean no harm, as I'm only sharing a fresh, new, naive perspective. I see some from my Android days have followed to see what the other side of the fence is like and I'd like to give them a warm and welcoming entry.

Quarreling like children is, well, childish.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Newbie sharing first impressions. I see this is a well debated topic, I mean no harm, as I'm only sharing a fresh, new, naive perspective. I see some from my Android days have followed to see what the other side of the fence is like and I'd like to give them a warm and welcoming entry.

Agreed! All I was saying is the led notification is a very nice added feature.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Great comments. That is what this forum is all about. Thank you for the fill in as you promised and your thoughts on the phone. ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Very well said and we try not to do that here but offer the same respect and perspective as what is given to us. That is why we welcomed you with open arms.

dunnsantee

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
"So Braden . . How're things going with the new phone?"
+1

Curious to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two platforms after your initial time with the i-device.
I'm due an upgrade next month and am starting to narrow my focus.
Thanks!

Last edited:

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
im pleasantly content with my choice. with my Maxx i found myself constantly tweaking, changing, rearranging, and flashing. which was quite fun the first few times, but started getting very bothersome when i just could not find something that made me happy. i had countless battery monitoring widgets, tons of system monitoring apps, and a stockpile of my favorite ROMs that id switch back and forth from on any given day. but with this, i found a nice wallpaper and lock screen and haven't touched them since i first changed them. i don't check my battery stats every hour, or close background apps to free up a little speed. the fluid experience is unmatched with any android i've ever touched. none can come close. i haven't closed out a single app, or had a need to restart/reboot since i first set her up. and that speaks volumes to me.

the app store is painful. if you know what kind of app you want, but not the name, then navigating the sea of apps almost blindly is time consuming and stressful. i don't see a way to sort by rating, downloads, or upload date. when i bought an app in android, id usually have a 15 minute window that allowed me to delete the app and get a refund, i knew this because as soon as i hit the purchase button, and my card went through, my phone would tell me i had a designated window, and in place of the purchase button, there was a refund button. with apple, i don't know how the refund process works, if there is one. with a simple search i'm sure ill find the answer, but i don't like having to search for a feature that i believe should be explained at the time of purchase.

the battery life. god i a spoiled. i wish i had never gotten the Maxx. no other phone will ever be the same without buying a battery case, or extended battery. i can do what i want to do and when i want to do it with ease and only slight worry. i cannot watch the whole first season of the Walking Dead, or play through any high end game without being near a charger. but it could be worse. i've had much worse. another complaint/praise is the charger. expensive and not easily found outside of an online purchase or a Verizon store. my plethora of mini usb chargers are rendered useless. the design is so good and simple it is stupid. why has someone not done this before? why is this not the industry standard? im angry at all other companies for not coming up with this stupidly perfect idea years ago, instead of leaving us stuck with the mind blowing common sense destroying 3 sided cruel usb port.

apple has always had a forbidden other woman drawl to me. inside i have loathed any one with an apple device. i had this unfair preconceived notion that apple owning people were stuck up, snobbish, holier than thou @$$holes. and they were. not because they had an iPhone, or a Mac, but because they were those kinds of people. i don't know why there is the stereotype, but there is, and i'm not going to fall into it. a name brand phone, computer, car or shoes does not make who you are, it just makes the company seem like an @$$hole, just like you. (end of rant)

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
apple has always had a forbidden other woman drawl to me. inside i have loathed any one with an apple device. i had this unfair preconceived notion that apple owning people were stuck up, snobbish, holier than thou @$$holes. and they were. not because they had an iPhone, or a Mac, but because they were those kinds of people. i don't know why there is the stereotype, but there is, and i'm not going to fall into it. a name brand phone, computer, car or shoes does not make who you are, it just makes the company seem like an @$$hole, just like you. (end of rant)

What, you mean you're not a pimply faced pizza delivery boy? Lol

155785_10150335012645607_752085606_15917508_2634705_n.jpg

dunnsantee

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
How do you like the screen size?

Regarding the battery, are you considering carrying an external battery charger or adding a case, like the Mophie??

Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR