Buying the first Iphone today

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I plan to buy my first iphone this afternoon. The at&t iphone 5 16GB off contract to use on Straight talk.
Ive had many androids (Nexus 4, Galaxy Note 2, galaxy nexus on verizon, Droid x) etc. I love all those phones but i feel like every android phone I get, It looks IDENTICAL to the one before it. One home screen, weather/time widget, and 5 icons.

I just feel like i need something new. I previously owned an Ipad and LOVED it. Jailbroke it and literally used it everyday.

I just dont know how its gonna be going to a smaller screen. Thats my only worry.

I have a few questions.

1) When I open the box there will probably be an update. Should I update?

2) Can I jailbreak it?

3) Anything to look for out of the box?

Thanks so much! Hope im making the right choice.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I plan to buy my first iphone this afternoon. The at&t iphone 5 16GB off contract to use on Straight talk.
Ive had many androids (Nexus 4, Galaxy Note 2, galaxy nexus on verizon, Droid x) etc. I love all those phones but i feel like every android phone I get, It looks IDENTICAL to the one before it. One home screen, weather/time widget, and 5 icons.

I just feel like i need something new. I previously owned an Ipad and LOVED it. Jailbroke it and literally used it everyday.

I just dont know how its gonna be going to a smaller screen. Thats my only worry.

I have a few questions.

1) When I open the box there will probably be an update. Should I update?

2) Can I jailbreak it?

3) Anything to look for out of the box?

Thanks so much! Hope im making the right choice.

1) If there is go ahead but you must be on wifi.

2) there is no jailbreak for the iPhone 5.

3) physical condition, serial number matches what is on the box, all the charger and headphone bits are there etc.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I got the one on Verizon wireless :) so far so good. Just a MAJOR learning curve.

1) Is there a way to change the screen time out? Like it seems the screen stays on way to long.

The otterbox makes it super hard to push the home button :(

EDIT: one min is WAYYY too long :(

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
One minute is the shortest timeout—to lock it before that just press the lock button. Enjoy the phone!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy the iPhone man, i just came back after giving the S3 a try for about 3 months and as fanboi as it sounds there's nothing that compares to a iPhone and the iOS!!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the one on Verizon wireless :) so far so good. Just a MAJOR learning curve.

1) Is there a way to change the screen time out? Like it seems the screen stays on way to long.

The otterbox makes it super hard to push the home button :(

EDIT: one min is WAYYY too long :(

I'll never use an otter on my iPhone again ... lifeproof is the way to go... iPhone Cases and iPad Cases | LifeProof :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen