I often face the fact my Instagram accounts are hacked. What could be the reason? And how do I find out who is doing this? How to protect accounts or there is no 100% way?
    06-16-2021 11:07 AM
    I often face the fact my Instagram accounts are hacked. What could be the reason? And how do I find out who is doing this? How to protect accounts or there is no 100% way?
    Please contact Instagram Support. They would be the best source of information regarding this matter. Thanks.

https://help.instagram.com
    06-16-2021 11:27 AM
    I would suggest you enable two-factor authentication on your Instagram account, and make sure you use unique strong passwords everywhere.
    https://help.instagram.com/566810106808145

And practice proper password hygiene, which is simply put: long, random and unique passwords for each service and device, two factor authentication everywhere, never reuse passwords. And use a password manager
    iCloud Keychain is a good starting point if you use only Apple devices. There are others as well such as 1Password, KeePass, etc.
    Annie_M and circatee like this.
    06-16-2021 11:36 AM
    How do you know your Instagram account was hacked?
    06-16-2021 01:28 PM
    I knew that you could even order a hacking service, but I didn't think it could be that easy. I have turned all available protection methods. Hope this helps to protect my account better.
    06-23-2021 02:55 AM
    I knew that you could even order a hacking service, but I didn't think it could be that easy. I have turned all available protection methods. Hope this helps to protect my account better.
    I don't have Instagram. But I see many on Facebook who claim to have been hacked. But that's not the case. It's copycats, who take whatever personal info one shows publicly, and creates a copy of an account. In those cases, there's nothing one can do, except ignore it and warn friends not to friend the copycat. Changing the password does nothing.
    06-23-2021 11:29 PM