Daylight Savings Time - Yes or No?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Most of us sprang forward overnight, causing us to lose an hour of precious sleep! I realize that this is a global community, and that not all of our countries use Daylight Savings Time(DST). So I thought a conversation about it might be interesting. Do you like or dislike DST. There always seems to be a debate on whether or not it should be eliminated.

What are your thoughts on this? As for me, I’m not a fan of DST and wouldn’t mind if we stayed on Standard time.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Here in the UK, British Summertime starts in a fortnight's time. I am all for leaving the clocks as they are for good.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
The excuse commonly made in the US is that Daylight Savings was for farmers. This is not true: animals don't care about the clock. The railroads were the original reason for the change: at the time the railway system began, electricity was not yet harnessed, and it was difficult for the different stations and switches to operate in the dark.

Since electric lights are available, this is no longer necessary. While it is nice to have an extra hour of sleep when Standard Time returns in the fall, the issue of too few hours of daylight during the winter does not change.

I would rather not have to deal with this anymore.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Here in Florida, daylight savings time is crucial to the tourism industry. We voted to make daylight savings time standard and should be changed to be permanent.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I love having sunlight in the evenings.

I am all for it being dropped, because it causes so many issues with ICT systems. And staying on DST year long would make me happy :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro