Did you remember to “fall back”?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am not a big fan of Daylight Savings Time, and am glad we’re back on Standard Time. I wanted to share something my cousin posted on FB yesterday:

31FA899A-3484-467C-8507-C321FA9220AD.jpeg

:rotfl::laughing::rotfl::laughing::rotfl:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
We did that two weeks ago in the Netherlands.
In the past, when I was a night owl, I hated Standard Time, because it gets dark sooner now.
But since I wake up at 5 am in the morning, I really appreciate that it gets light an hour earlier.

In other words, perspectives change.
I’m not sure how I’ll feel about winter/summer time in the future.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I am not a big fan of Daylight Savings Time, and am glad we’re back on Standard Time. I wanted to share something my cousin posted on FB yesterday:

View attachment 129634

:rotfl::laughing::rotfl::laughing::rotfl:

I've become a big fan of daylight savings even though the clocks don't change here in the eastern Caribbean. It's Atlantic Standard all year. SO in the months of Standard in the US, there is the hour change between Eastern Standard & Atlantic Standard. Summertime your 'Eastern Daylight' is the same as our Atlantic Standard. Thus now all our favourite TV are an hour later ie 9 o'clock shows in Miami or NYC ( from where most of our TV comes) are at 10... I simply can't stay up late enough to get Chicago PD ( now 11 to midnight here, or NCIS New Orleans, also time shifted into 🥱 time for us...and our local television providers don't offer things like TiVo or 'Hopper' like in the US

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I remember well when I was still working, flying the Toronto Barbados route, trying to explain to my passengers if they travelled over this 'change clock' time, that it's very possible to come south without any time change but have to actually change going back home, or vice versa.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
We did that two weeks ago in the Netherlands.
In the past, when I was a night owl, I hated Standard Time, because it gets dark sooner now.
But since I wake up at 5 am in the morning, I really appreciate that it gets light an hour earlier.

In other words, perspectives change.
I’m not sure how I’ll feel about winter/summer time in the future.

Close to the equator the swing in daylight vs dark is not nearly so drastic as is the the approximately 5 hrs difference between a summer sunset at after 2100, to a winter sunset around 1600, where I grew up ( Canada) - ours, either sunset or sunrise, varying less than an hour all year. Both sunsets and sunrises aren't prolonged affairs either ie bright at 1700, dusky by 1720, dark by 1745. Takes a while to get used to.

Last edited:

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I hate it and it’s a detriment to the golfing and tourist industry here in Florida because it’s dark by 6pm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73