Barnes and Noble Possible Data Breach

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I received an email from Barnes and Noble today (10/14/20) informing me of an infiltration of some of their corporate systems via a recently discovered cyber security attack that resulted in unauthorized/unlawful access to those systems. They state that no payment details were exposed as they use encryption methods at all times throughout their systems. They also said that my email wasn’t compromised...
However, my email address WAS possibly exposed, along with my billing and shipping addresses, and my phone number (this information was contained in the hacked systems and might have possibly been accessed). Also, my purchase history was also stored (and potentially accessed) in the compromised systems. I just wanted to give a heads up about this to those who are B&N’s customers who might not have received this email yet. I don’t know if this affects everyone’s accounts or not, the email didn’t state the scope of the breach, only that my information was in the compromised systems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...-cybersecurity-attack-is-to-blame/ar-BB1a2mfU

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro