Getting Back to Normal??

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I figured I would start a thread to see how folks are doing now since some states are opening back up and others are looking to do the same.

I now permanently reside here in Florida where things are opening up and I do see a lot of folks still wearing mask even though the governor has made where you don’t have to.

I am not going to criticize folks who still chose to wear them, but as for myself, I have had many CV19 test performed at the VA and all have been negative and I only wear a mask when I am required to.

Other then that, myself along with many folks here are trying to get back to a normal life which may never happen, but I have always believed we determine our own destiny and we will eventually get back to the way things where before this all started.

Just want to see how folks are doing and please don’t turn this thread into some political venting area. Thanks!!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's definitely an interesting thing to observe. Ohio is fairly open... but then of course, college campuses became populated again, and there were spikes of positive cases. I work at a University, and happily, after a huge spike, things are getting a lot better. I was going to say normal... but that's not appropriate. I don't know what normal is anymore! :D

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just want to see how folks are doing and please don’t turn this thread into some political venting area. Thanks!!!

I just heard the President and the First Lady have tested positive for Coronavirus and I certainly wish them a speedy recovery however maybe more of his followers will decide to be a little more safer to stop the spread of this terrible disease , things are getting back to normal here also but with that more cases are appearing with bars and restaurants opening and also cases in schools that tells us we are still in a serious pandemic, so my friend enjoy your retirement in Florida (jealous) and stay safe and healthy too you and All .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've been great. Haven't felt healthier in my life and even more active than ever. My family is doing good as well.

Hope everyone else is staying healthy as well.

EmmaRose01

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Yes doing great and getting back to a normal routine. Playing my favorite games at home as I like word games. Searching for the daily jumble solution so that my kids and their father win the game with good points. So I'm up and jumping.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Doing well here. Eager for everyone to be able to resume their "normal" lives, whatever normal is! Hopefully will get the vaccine soon. I'll be eligible as of Thursday, but it's anybody's guess of when I'll be able to get an appointment.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Up here, we’re still on complete lockdown and curfew. I’m allowed to have 1 visitor, because I’m living alone. And there is no end in sight.

This said, this pandemic allowed me to have better work balance.
But now, I’m eager to see my friends, go get some breakfast and have a huge party. Also, I want to see my family that I haven’t seen in over a year.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Up here, we’re still on complete lockdown and curfew. I’m allowed to have 1 visitor, because I’m living alone. And there is no end in sight.

This said, this pandemic allowed me to have better work balance.
But now, I’m eager to see my friends, go get some breakfast and have a huge party. Also, I want to see my family that I haven’t seen in over a year.

I'm so sorry... that sounds so tough.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My brother Don and I finally are in our new home in Ocala. They finished all the updates and now we can make it our retirement home.

We love our community and the folks here have welcomed us with open arms. Living the dream in the land of golf courses and palm trees.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
All is well this way! I’m an introvert, so I keep to myself anyway. Love my friends and family, but I’m just fine alone I, recently, moved from NYC to the DMV & I’m still getting settled in. So far I’m enjoying it, but it has only been 2 weeks

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
We are in our new place in Ocala, I tested positive for COVID with an upper respiratory infection on 2/27 at the VA and was given zPack, an antibiotic, Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D and was told to self isolate for 10 days.

Since my brother and I live together, I assumed we both where positive and he was already taking the same medication for an upper respiratory infection. We self isolated for the 10 days and we felt fine after taking the medication the VA prescribed.

I was tested again on 03/25 at the VA and tested negative. We both feel fine and are back to normal. I attribute the great staff at the VA and our diet of eating healthy food to build our immune system to healing properly.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2