Minneapolis Apple store ransacked by looters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I hope he doesn’t! He tortured and murdered that man, while other officers stood by and let it happen. They am should be prosecuted as well! There are bad cops and there are good cops. And it’s bad cops that make it difficult for good cops.

He will get off because he was only charged with third-degree murder. By what you described, it should be second-degree. I understand it’s tougher to prosecute with second-degree, but, he already got off in that sense.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
He will get off because he was only charged with third-degree murder. By what you described, it should be second-degree. I understand it’s tougher to prosecute with second-degree, but, he already got off in that sense.

I believe he’s also been charged with manslaughter. I never understand how the decide what to charge.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe he’s also been charged with manslaughter. I never understand how the decide what to charge.

They can change the charge as they investigate more. They charged him with something they felt they could already convict on. The other three officers should be arrested as well. The violence of our police in this country is out of control. This needs to stop and these protests are our only method for accomplishing that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They can change the charge as they investigate more. They charged him with something they felt they could already convict on. The other three officers should be arrested as well. The violence of our police in this country is out of control. This needs to stop and these protests are our only method for accomplishing that.

The only thing I disagree with is “the violence of police in this country is out of control”. Heck, it’s not even close to being “out of control”. What is indeed out of control are the numerous crimes perpetrated by the general public’s criminal elements on a daily basis throughout this nation. The incidents perpetrated by rogue, inexperienced or cocky police officers are a mere blip on the screen in comparison, in my opinion.

Again, I am only disagreeing with one statement from your previous post, but I wholeheartedly respect your viewpoint.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They can change the charge as they investigate more. They charged him with something they felt they could already convict on. The other three officers should be arrested as well.

Great point. However, the cynic in me says that he will in some fashion get off, if not totally absolved of this somehow. It sucks, but it's the pre-conceived notion I get whenever something like this happens because the past 20 years has conditioned to me believe so.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The only thing I disagree with is “the violence of police in this country is out of control”. Heck, it’s not even close to being “out of control”. What is indeed out of control are the numerous crimes perpetrated by the general public’s criminal elements on a daily basis throughout this nation. The incidents perpetrated by rogue, inexperienced or cocky police officers are a mere blip on the screen in comparison, in my opinion.

Again, I am only disagreeing with one statement from your previous post, but I wholeheartedly respect your viewpoint.

Let’s remember, the victim was not involved in a violent crime. We have to stop ignoring the difference in how people are treated in this country based on the color of their skin. Not only by some police officers but everyone. I am not, in any way, making a statement against police officers.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let’s remember, the victim was not involved in a violent crime.
There’s nothing in any of my above posts that even hints at the victim doing anything wrong. In fact, I made it clear that if anyone should be upset, it’s the family. With that being said, my sole dispute with your previous post is in regard to the police violence being out of control. Your mention of police was in general and so was my reply.
We have to stop ignoring the difference in how people are treated in this country based on the color of their skin. Not only by some police officers but everyone. I am not, in any way, making a statement against police officers.
What we have to do and what we will do are two different things. “Generally speaking”, if we all have likes and dislikes then there will be times when we pass judgement on someone, whether we intended to or not. As a nation, we are striving to be better and no one can dispute that great strives have been made. That’s not to say more work doesn’t need to be done because it does, but isn’t that what “striving” means?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
There’s nothing in any of my above posts that even hints at the victim doing anything wrong. In fact, I made it clear that if anyone should be upset, it’s the family. With that being said, my sole dispute with your previous post is in regard to the police violence being out of control. Your mention of police was in general and so was my reply.
What we have to do and what we will do are two different things. “Generally speaking”, if we all have likes and dislikes then there will be times when we pass judgement on someone, whether we intended to or not. As a nation, we are striving to be better and no one can dispute that great strives have been made. That’s not to say more work doesn’t need to be done because it does, but isn’t that what “striving” means?

You are replying to the wrong person. I never said police violence was out of control. There have been, however, many examples of black individuals being killed while in police custody. There, rarely, is justice. We cannot remain blind to reality, in my opinion.

As far as us, as a nation, making great strides I would argue that is subjective. If we have our eyes open and are aware of what we see, we realize little has changed. We still see white men in power get off when doing crimes. We see white men on the steps of state Capitols with AK-47’s and that is ok. We will never improve until we are honest and decide that we are stronger together, when we treat everyone as equal and then, only then, will we see our country’s true greatness.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You are replying to the wrong person. I never said police violence was out of control.
You’re right. I’m sorry.
There have been, however, many examples of black individuals being killed while in police custody.
No doubt about it.
There, rarely, is justice. We cannot remain blind to reality, in my opinion.
Rarely is not never and on some occasions, the officer was found not guilty because all of the facts were present, unlike on the news whose interest was in viewership. Still, I can’t ignore the ones that indeed got away with murder, especially pre-1970.

As far as us, as a nation, making great strides I would argue that is subjective. If we have our eyes open and are aware of what we see, we realize little has changed.
I’ll be 57 years old in a matter of days and I can assure you a lot has changed., but my life experiences and the things I’ve seen can be different from yours so I can’t dispute that little has changed from your perspective.
We still see white men in power get off when doing crimes. We see white men on the steps of state Capitols with AK-47’s and that is ok. We will never improve until we are honest and decide that we are stronger together, when we treat everyone as equal and then, only then, will we see our country’s true greatness.
I’ve seen men and woman in power, regardless of color, get away with or get what amounts to be a slap on the wrist. We see people rioting and looting and clearly folks think that’s okay. I’m not naive to think that at some point we are all going to live in complete harmony. That’s just not gonna happen. Generally speaking, we treat those with fame and influence far better than we do to those who are broke and homeless. Those who have kids pick and choose who they allow their kids to hang with so how are we going to start treating everyone as equals?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You’re right. I’m sorry. No doubt about it. Rarely is not never and on some occasions, the officer was found not guilty because all of the facts were present, unlike on the news whose interest was in viewership. Still, I can’t ignore the ones that indeed got away with murder, especially pre-1970.

I’ll be 57 years old in a matter of days and I can assure you a lot has changed., but my life experiences and the things I’ve seen can be different from yours so I can’t dispute that little has changed from your perspective. I’ve seen men and woman in power, regardless of color, get away with or get what amounts to be a slap on the wrist. We see people rioting and looting and clearly folks think that’s okay. I’m not naive to think that at some point we are all going to live in complete harmony. That’s just not gonna happen. Generally speaking, we treat those with fame and influence far better than we do to those who are broke and homeless. Those who have kids pick and choose who they allow their kids to hang with so how are we going to start treating everyone as equals?

I’ll leave it at that. I’m 58, so we’re very close in age but have a different perspective on racism. That’s ok as long as we keep the conversation open and civil.

Now I’m off to work to rid the world of COVID-19.
Be safe everyone!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ll leave it at that. I’m 58, so we’re very close in age but have a different perspective on racism. That’s ok as long as we keep the conversation open and civil.

Now I’m off to work to rid the world of COVID-19.
Be safe everyone!

It was great chatting with you, and I hope you have a safe and pleasant work-shift. Take care.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Posted in a separate thread. Here’s a photo of the Walnut Street Apple Store in Philadelphia. Since the riot and looting there have been photos of people with device home screens showing Apple does indeed have the devices locked and are aware of their location. Whether the photos are shopped or Apple truly knows, it is very possible these devices are not usable. Certainly not the issue to focus on, but worthy of noting.

Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

This is...wow...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is that your bar? No offense, but open your eyes.

No offense taken, and my eyes are open. Please show me the stats that indicate crimes/murders committed by police higher or even close to being higher than those committed by the general public.

For the record, I am not defending the police, especially in regard to the incident involving Mr. Floyd. I want to make that perfectly clear.

I am, however, is disputing the claim that murders/crimes committed by police is getting out of hand and/or outnumber those committed by the GP.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone here point me out to the claim that anyone made in this thread that “police getting out of hand” actually “outnumber” crimes committed by the general public? I can’t find evidence that anyone made that claim, so don’t understand why anyone is arguing a “claim” that was never made.

Status
Not open for further replies.