Minneapolis Apple store ransacked by looters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What happened in Minneapolis was indeed a tragedy and an injustice, however, looting is still unacceptable behavior. What happened at this Apple Store was simple — Some people took advantage of an opportunity to steal under the guise of being outraged by an unnecessary killing that had nothing to do with Apple. Period.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
What happened in Minneapolis was indeed a tragedy and an injustice, however, looting is still unacceptable behavior. What happened at this Apple Store was simple — Some people took advantage of an opportunity to steal under the guise of being outraged by an unnecessary killing that had nothing to do with Apple. Period.

Perfectly stated. The Uptown area of Minneapolis has always been one of my favorite areas in The Twin Cities. Lake Street, Lagoon Street. So sad to see that area burn. Calhoun Square... Prince wrote a song about it.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Perfectly stated.

Thank you. Stuff like that ticks me off and I get even more irritated when I see leaders and activists justifying the behavior. If anyone should be outraged, it should be the family and not people who arguably ignore reported killings throughout the nation on a daily basis, but then go crazy when one is caused by law enforcement.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which is illegal. And what's going to happen once the security videos are examined, culprits identified and arrested?

Back in the day, everyone involved would be caught, arrested and prosecuted, but in this day and age, I’m not so sure.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Back in the day, everyone involved would be caught, arrested and prosecuted, but in this day and age, I’m not so sure.

Masks and hoodies and store cameras broken or burnt, they won’t catch many, which is a problem
for later as well as now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Masks and hoodies and store cameras broken or burnt, they won’t catch many, which is a problem
for later as well as now.

Yeah, but this generation puts everything online for the world to see so they’ll be evidence to use, however, the question is will they use or allow fear to suppress or ignore it. Think about it. We live in a time where too many people can’t even “peacefully” agree to disagree.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Ahh the good old days, when everything was perfect....not.

I understand people’s frustration. Most of the people doing the looting are not protesters, they are people who are poor, frustrated and do not have a voice. What they are doing is wrong but sometimes it takes things like this to wake people up to atrocities and elicit change.

We’ve seen too many times that people in power get away with things others can’t. That also is wrong. I hope this ends peacefully and we improve as a nation.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ahh the good old days, when everything was perfect....not.
I did not say the good ol’ days were perfect.

I understand people’s frustration. Most of the people doing the looting are not protesters, they are people who are poor, frustrated and do not have a voice. What they are doing is wrong but sometimes it takes things like this to wake people up to atrocities and elicit change.
Using your analogy, a killing like this one by an authoritative figure is arguably needed to ‘wake people up’ since the numerous daily killings by non-authoritative figures do not seem to stir our collective emotions.

We’ve seen too many times that people in power get away with things others can’t. That also is wrong. I hope this ends peacefully and we improve as a nation.
That is because those incidents make the headlines and are milked by the media whereas incidents involving non-powerful and non-famous people barely gets recognized or reported to the same degree.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I did not say the good ol’ days were perfect.

Using your analogy, a killing like this one by an authoritative figure is arguably needed to ‘wake people up’ since the numerous daily killings by non-authoritative figures do not seem to stir our collective emotions.

That is because those incidents make the headlines and are milked by the media whereas incidents involving non-powerful and non-famous people barely gets recognized or reported to the same degree.

We obviously have different viewpoints. This isn’t about one incident of the killing of a black man over a potential fake $20 bill, it’s about suppression which has been going on for decades. Making excuses won’t improve our society.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We obviously have different viewpoints.
Clearly, but like me, you know how to agree to disagree and still respect the other’s opinions and viewpoints so believe me, we’re good.
This isn’t about one incident of the killing of a black man over a potential fake $20 bill, it’s about suppression which has been going on for decades. Making excuses won’t improve our society.
Yeah, but it should be. There’s no such thing as a perfect society and there never will be. With that being said, we can’t keep picking and choosing which incidents to make a flashpoint.

With that being said, this particular incident deserves the headlines and overall media coverage, but that doesn’t mean the post-incident lawlessness is deserved. Justice will indeed be served on that officer.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Clearly, but like me, you know how to agree to disagree and still respect the other’s opinions and viewpoints so believe me, we’re good.
Yeah, but it should be. There’s no such thing as a perfect society and there never will be. With that being said, we can’t keep picking and choosing which incidents to make a flashpoint.

With that being said, this particular incident deserves the headlines and overall media coverage, but that doesn’t mean the post-incident lawlessness is deserved. Justice will indeed be served on that officer.

I’m a nonviolent person. I believe, from what we know, the officer and any looters should come to justice. If the officer gets off, which has happened before, we still will have not learned.

I agree, society is never perfect but we should try to improve, individually and as a whole.

I pause when posting about these topics. They’re tough and can degrade. I’m sure we’re good!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m a nonviolent person. I believe, from what we know, the officer and any looters should come to justice. If the officer gets off, which has happened before, we still will have not learned.
That’s not gonna happen, in my opinion..

I agree, society is never perfect but we should try to improve, individually and as a whole.
No doubt about it.

I pause when posting about these topics. They’re tough and can degrade. I’m sure we’re good!
The problem is the inability or refusal to acknowledge a different viewpoint. Some people just can’t deal with it. I find it amusing that we understand there are always two viewpoints, thus the phrase, “there are two sides to every story”, yet, in politics and religion, how dare there be two viewpoints! Know what I mean? Anyway, thank you for taking the time to post your views. I appreciate it and I appreciate you.

Last edited:

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Here’s a thought. Wouldn’t they have an inventory stored in the cloud complete w IMEI numbers? Couldn’t they blacklist all of the cellular phones and tablets?

I know all the other things are gone but no one would be able to use any of the items w cellular data if I’m right.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I feel more for the small businesses. Apple will survive without a blip. With everything else going on this year it makes it harder and harder for the little guy/gal.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here’s a thought. Wouldn’t they have an inventory stored in the cloud complete w IMEI numbers?
I’d like to think they do, but I don’t know.
Couldn’t they blacklist all of the cellular phones and tablets?
Hopefully, they can, but again, I don’t know.
I know all the other things are gone but no one would be able to use any of the items w cellular data if I’m right.
We’ll see...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal