Let’s focus on the issue and not each other. It’s never possible to agree on everything so let’s please agree to disagree and refrain from personal attacks.
    06-04-2020 12:49 PM
    Let’s focus on the issue and not each other. It’s never possible to agree on everything so let’s please agree to disagree and refrain from personal attacks.
    I agree. Let’s focus on the issue, racism.

Looting seems to have lessened, which is good.
    The protests are continuing, which is good.
    Justice will hopefully be served, which is good.
    The military is being turned against American citizens, which is not good.

This could/should be a pivotal time in American history. Policies need to reflect fairness and equality. We are better than what we have shown in the past. The people are speaking up.

Just my 2 cents for the day.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-04-2020 04:48 PM
    I agree. Let’s focus on the issue, racism.

Looting seems to have lessened, which is good.
    The protests are continuing, which is good.
    Justice will hopefully be served, which is good.
    The military is being turned against American citizens, which is not good.

This could/should be a pivotal time in American history. Policies need to reflect fairness and equality. We are better than what we have shown in the past. The people are speaking up.

Just my 2 cents for the day.
    It’s because we have a dunce for a President who has continued to show his inability to display any level of empathy towards those he disagrees with. But we shouldn’t expect much from someone who would send military members to tear gas peaceful protestors to take an awkward picture stern faced holding a bible in front of a church he’s never attended.

You really can’t write these stories anymore. People really elected a clown into the White House.

The place we are as a nation is truly sick.
    TgeekB, grover5 and Evilguppy like this.
    06-08-2020 01:34 AM
    It’s because we have a dunce for a President who has continued to show his inability to display any level of empathy towards those he disagrees with.
    Oh and he’s received SO much empathy from those who disagree with him?

The “peaceful protestors” in MY city, shattered every window in my office building, and burnt down a new, unopened apartment complex being built for low income housing. Brand. New. Did you, by ANY chance notice that the worst hit cities are led by Dems? I’m NOT making this political, but merely stating FACTS. Have you also recognized the fact that those “bad cops” report to police commissioners, who in turn report to the mayors of those very cities? If you want to cast blame, you have to start at the level where the problem perpetuates. If you want “change” you have to start at that same place. I’m sure this post will get me torched versus making some think about what I’ve said and THIS is also part the problem. And don’t spout white privilege my way either. I’ve worked full time since I was 15.5 years old. As an adult, 60+ hours a week to make ends meet. No one gave me a thing. If that makes me privileged, just know that my old @$$ is worn out from all my “privilege”.
    Just_Me_D and bakron1 like this.
    06-09-2020 06:38 AM
    Oh and he’s received SO much empathy from those who disagree with him?

The “peaceful protestors” in MY city, shattered every window in my office building, and burnt down a new, unopened apartment complex being built for low income housing. Brand. New. Did you, by ANY chance notice that the worst hit cities are led by Dems? I’m NOT making this political, but merely stating FACTS. Have you also recognized the fact that those “bad cops” report to police commissioners, who in turn report to the mayors of those very cities? If you want to cast blame, you have to start at the level where the problem perpetuates. If you want “change” you have to start at that same place. I’m sure this post will get me torched versus making some think about what I’ve said and THIS is also part the problem. And don’t spout white privilege my way either. I’ve worked full time since I was 15.5 years old. As an adult, 60+ hours a week to make ends meet. No one gave me a thing. If that makes me privileged, just know that my old @$$ is worn out from all my “privilege”.
    Oh boy....

1. He's the President of the United States. That necessitates a higher standard of conduct. So playing "whataboutism" by saying "What about the empathy for him" is irrelevant.

2. If you go outside and actually take part in what's going on, you'd easily see there are both peaceful protests and non-peaceful protests. You lumping all protesters into one basket is no different than people saying all cops are bad or all white people are racist or all black people are violent. There is literal evidence that the protesters outside of that church prior to your presidents photo op were peaceful. I'm not sure what city you live in, but I can GUARANTEE that there have been both peaceful protests and non-peaceful ones. In my city, I've been to several of the peaceful ones. Don't discredit the movement and those being peaceful because you want to be ignorant and lump the troublemaking crowd into one group.

3. Your point about the cities hit the worst being ran by Dems is pointless. Of the 50 largest cities in the country, Republicans only control 13 of them. 35 led by Dems and 2 led by Independents. You have no viable data that would point to outcomes being any different under Republicans. Example, Miami is Republican led and DID have destruction from riots. So again...your point is irrelevant and it isn't backed by ANY data. But if you care to actually dive into the data, you should review the racial makeup of republican led cities. In other words, check diversity levels and then we can have a conversation about why you may notice lower levels of unrest in when discussion police brutality and racial discrimination.

4. You saying, "I've worked my whole life" as a rational behind your believed absence of "white privilege" shows you don't actually understand privilege at all. Privilege exists amongst a variety of social groups. Men have male privilege for example. I as a man understand that. The inability of people like you to understand the privileges you hold is what will hold everyone else back. Additionally, you don't sound like someone who cares to understand it so I won't waste my keystrokes attempting to explain it.
    TgeekB and Evilguppy like this.
    06-09-2020 10:14 AM
    Good place to call it a wrap.
    06-09-2020 11:33 AM
81 ... 234