iPad Pro (2020) deals at Amazon: Prices start at $690!

We are. We are actually roasting a turkey and baking two pies for our church’s Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and then there’s shopping for our own family feast, which we’re having on Friday, due to conflicting family schedules on Thursday.

What are some of the dishes your enjoys on Thanksgiving?
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    11-23-2019 08:18 AM
    Because of my job in the transportation industry, and my sister’s obligations to her in-laws on Thursday, we are also having our dinner on Friday. I’ll be doing the sweet potato praline dish and brussel sprouts. Mom decided this year, we’re doing a turducken.
    11-23-2019 09:04 AM
    Between PTSD , dysfunctional families and seasonal idiots, we have learned to shun the holidays like vampires at dawn, lol.
    But that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun:
    We do get to make our favorite vegan dishes, go hike everywhere and enjoy peace and quiet while everyone else drives out of town, it’s awesome.
    We’re also preparing a winter trip to go snowshoeing with the pup.
    And we never ever EVER go shopping to brick and mortar stores, because the screaming kids barfing all over Santa while their parents ooh and aah snapping pics in their ugly sweaters are a bit much for us now.
    So we turn the cabin (or the fifth wheel depending on where we are) into “Fort Puppy” and spend the holidays with the coyotes, the deer and the hawks.
    Life is good
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    11-23-2019 11:39 AM
    Here on Barbados, it's strange and almost surreal for a Northener to wrap summer like weather with 'holiday season' type things but stranger yet is that even in early Sept, stores start setting up 'Christmas', music & all. It all backs off for end of November, to honour & celebrate the islands Independence. Then 'Christmas Chaos' builds again. No matter, 'eats & treats' are special for both Independence & Christmas. Oh, what I knew as 'New Years' is called 'Old Years'...

Last edited by dmoskaluk; 11-23-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    11-23-2019 07:00 PM
    My brother and I are headed to North Port Florida to be with our family for Thanksgiving and the winter months.

Looks like great weather, going to be in the high 70’s and low 80’s, perfect golf weather.
    11-24-2019 05:47 AM
    I just put an extra notch in my belt, does that count?
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-24-2019 08:00 AM