RANDOM KNOWLEDGE: like the title says, drop us some random knowledge.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
9 pounds of watermelon has the same number of calories as one Cinnabon roll. And, you will burn more calories processing the watermelon than what you take in from it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The '57' on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles they used to have.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
When you are entering an interstate highway, and you are upset that tractor trailer won’t let you in: 1) it’s their right of way, 2) they probably can’t because someone is to the left of them, and 3) it’s illegal. Use your accelerator the way it is supposed to be used.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
When you are entering an interstate highway, and you are upset that tractor trailer won’t let you in: 1) it’s their right of way, 2) they probably can’t because someone is to the left of them, and 3) it’s illegal. Use your accelerator the way it is supposed to be used.

Hope you’re not in Pennsylvania. Not that is in the Philly area are best drivers to begin with but I’d say merging is something we’ve simply never learned or pay much attention to. That’s both sides...the driver in the lane and the driver merging...it’s basically a toss up between who has the bigger car and who cares less about risking an accident (sarcasm of course, but a little truth to everything)

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hope you’re not in Pennsylvania. Not that is in the Philly area are best drivers to begin with but I’d say merging is something we’ve simply never learned or pay much attention to. That’s both sides...the driver in the lane and the driver merging...it’s basically a toss up between who has the bigger car and who cares less about risking an accident (sarcasm of course, but a little truth to everything)

Driver in lane has right of way. Driver on ramp must yield. It’s the same in Pennsylvania as anywhere else. And, if you read my post, you would have seen that I specifically mentioned tractor trailers. As a driver in that vehicle, it’s my right of way, I may not be able to get over, because, chances are there is another vehicle to my left. And, as I mentioned, it’s illegal for me to get over. Four wheelers nowadays have plenty of acceleration and horsepower to be up to speed to merge in. Use your mirrors, and pick your spot to merge in. Then, get up to speed. Who has the bigger car? I’m 13’6” tall, and 80 feet long. I weigh 40 tons. I’m winning.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Driver in lane has right of way. Driver on ramp must yield. It’s the same in Pennsylvania as anywhere else. And, if you read my post, you would have seen that I specifically mentioned tractor trailers. As a driver in that vehicle, it’s my right of way, I may not be able to get over, because, chances are there is another vehicle to my left. And, as I mentioned, it’s illegal for me to get over. Four wheelers nowadays have plenty of acceleration and horsepower to be up to speed to merge in. Use your mirrors, and pick your spot to merge in. Then, get up to speed. Who has the bigger car? I’m 13’6” tall, and 80 feet long. I weigh 40 tons. I’m winning.

I apologize 100% if you missed the sarcasm in my post. I merely meant it’s often said people in Philly just don’t know how to merge. It’s dangerous.

I’m in agreement with your legal traffic flow explanation as to who has the right of way as you clearly know more about this than I do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711