NCAA Football 2018

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Smart business? Agreed. Still, only conference champions should be allowed to compete in the playoffs.
I definitely support 4 best teams getting in even if they don't win their conference. I want compelling matchups and not seeing some conference champion get trounced. Then again, my team isn't even in a bowl so I might feel differently if the Seminoles had a shot.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The CFP picks will be released soon. Who’s your 4?

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia

I think Georgia deserves to be number 4, but the committee will probably go with Oklahoma.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I said after the game that they should still be among the four playoff teams. The coaches’ conservative play calling, especially the odd fourth and eleven call near the end cost them the game. Alabama is still the better team, but they are indeed beatable.

I don't agree the 4th and 11 call cost them the game. Bama had the MO and would likely have scored, even it put back on the 15. I think Kirby realized that. His mistake was not calling time out when he saw Bama's defensive set. But it may have been too late to do so, as Bama covered the receivers at the last few seconds. It was a bad call.
Here's an incredible Stat:

In the last 3 Tide-UGA Championship games (2012 SEC, last January NCG, 2018 SEC) Georgia has only trailed for 10 minutes out of 180, and have lost all 3 games.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The CFP picks will be released soon. Who’s your 4?

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia

I think Georgia deserves to be number 4, but the committee will probably go with Oklahoma.

Georgia was my pick as well, but I knew it was unlikely. I’m just glad they didn’t pick Ohio lol

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I saw that. Weren't they under investigation or am I remembering incorrectly?

He stepped down due to health issues... inoperable cyst in his brain. Ryan Day, who was the interim coach while Urban was suspended earlier this season has been named the new head coach. As a huge Ohio State fan, I am very fond of Urban Meyer and sad that he's stepped down. That said, I do think that Ryan Day is an excellent choice.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I need to remember to wear my lucky Bama t-shirt! I believe it helps the team win.

55ff9ec6fa6eacd9a3c8f87b06c1c794.gif