NCAA Football 2018

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I can believe it. When aria was helped off the field, I reminded my son that Bama wouldn’t miss a beat with Jalen Hurts. I’ve always liked him and thought he was a heckuva a QB, but I don’t follow Alabama close enough so I don’t know the situation behind benching him in favor of Tua.

It’s all we hear about here in Alabama :roll eyes:. I’ve always thought that jalen just needed more time to develop. Sure his record was 26-2, but being compared to Cam Newton he was not developing at all like him. After 2 years he was still more prevalent to tuck the ball and run, and if you got him to scramble he would only look for Ridley last year. Didn’t matter how covered Ridley was. This year of playing with little pressure throughout most of the season has helped him tremendously. Last year I didn’t think I would like him to come to auburn, but heck this year I’d take him lol.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
He lost his job because he made mistakes that on any other team would have cost them the season. Fortunately for him, he was the qb & that 26-2 record is put on him. Truthfully, that 26-2 record was earned by the guys around him, saving his butt....he just happened to be there.

Agreed, his prior record is almost only because every other player is 5 stars around him. Also the previous 2 years Alabama’s defense has scored 14+ points per game themselves, and only allowed 10 points per game on average. the 2 losses that he had were on teams that the defenses didn’t hold their end of the deal so he actually had some pressure on him and crumbled. Think he may have developed past that (maybe *)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
He lost his job because he made mistakes that on any other team would have cost them the season. Fortunately for him, he was the qb & that 26-2 record is put on him. Truthfully, that 26-2 record was earned by the guys around him, saving his butt....he just happened to be there.
Lol Please tell your coach to send his worthless butt to Tallahassee! Lol

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Y’all should be here in Alabama and see the after game on the local news. They turned on tua so fast saying “there was no way y’all were winning that game with tua.” They have been drooling over him all year and just haven’t had enough praise for tua and now he’s garbage and can’t win.

Being an auburn fan I would definitely be cool with Hurts, or Bryant to help develop our next big QB Bo Nix (hopefully) lol.

I feel like Tua’s problem will always be his fragileness. He has gotten hit less than any other SEC quarterback I know, and he comes up limping every time. Hurts may not be the best but he can take a beat down and then go back and run over the guy that just hit him.

I expected them to turn on him!! They’re only loyal to the one that wins lol.

I totally agree with Tua being fragile as a newborn. Still a great qb in my eyes, he just needs to thicken his skin. Hurts does take a beating & I appreciate that, but he’s kinda trash.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s all we hear about here in Alabama :roll eyes:. I’ve always thought that jalen just needed more time to develop. Sure his record was 26-2, but being compared to Cam Newton he was not developing at all like him. After 2 years he was still more prevalent to tuck the ball and run, and if you got him to scramble he would only look for Ridley last year. Didn’t matter how covered Ridley was. This year of playing with little pressure throughout most of the season has helped him tremendously. Last year I didn’t think I would like him to come to auburn, but heck this year I’d take him lol.

I understand, but then again, top level defenses from Clemson, Miami, and even Georgia can cause a QB to run for his life...(laughing)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, his prior record is almost only because every other player is 5 stars around him. Also the previous 2 years Alabama’s defense has scored 14+ points per game themselves, and only allowed 10 points per game on average. the 2 losses that he had were on teams that the defenses didn’t hold their end of the deal so he actually had some pressure on him and crumbled. Think he may have developed past that (maybe *)

^THIS

Lol Please tell your coach to send his worthless butt to Tallahassee! Lol

Calling Nick now

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I expected them to turn on him!! They’re only loyal to the one that wins lol.

I totally agree with Tua being fragile as a newborn. Still a great qb in my eyes, he just needs to thicken his skin. Hurts does take a beating & I appreciate that, but he’s kinda trash.

Y’all got bear bryants great grandson coming soon, and maybe talia (kinda think he will go to LSU) and from what I hear bears great grandson looks just as good as tua if not maybe better. (Why I think talia will go elsewhere) so y’all got some talent coming for sure.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Y’all got bear bryants great grandson coming soon, and maybe talia (kinda think he will go to LSU) and from what I hear bears great grandson looks just as good as tua if not maybe better. (Why I think talia will go elsewhere) so y’all got some talent coming for sure.
That's going to be a circus.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

That’s what I hear. I’m looking forward to it! Just need to make it through this season without having a coronary

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
That's going to be a circus.

That’s why I think talia will go elsewhere. If tua was going to transfer after sitting a year talia will as well so why not go somewhere else to being with. All coach O has to do is use the pat dye approach to Bo Jackson and just tell talia he will play from the get go instead of sitting. If Bears great grandson is as good as I’ve been hearing there is no way Nick lets him sit with a lot of the people signing his checks still thinking bear stands in the end zone.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Heck they still play him saying “ I ain’t never been nothing but a winner” before every game. So, yeah. If he is as good as I’m hearing, Talia will more than likely be going elsewhere. might work out for auburn though. I know they moved to Alabama to be close to Tua so maybe he would go to auburn to be close

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The Bama vs Georgia game was very entertaining. I still think The Bulldogs are one of the top four teams this year.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Bama vs Georgia game was very entertaining. I still think The Bulldogs are one of the top four teams this year.

Agreed. I said after the game that they should still be among the four playoff teams. The coaches’ conservative play calling, especially the odd fourth and eleven call near the end cost them the game. Alabama is still the better team, but they are indeed beatable.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well see what happens this afternoon. I honestly wanted Bama and Clemson to lose to see what decisions were made about the playoff lol

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well see what happens this afternoon. I honestly wanted Bama and Clemson to lose to see what decisions were made about the playoff lol

Nope. I’m vehemently against ANYTHING that would further assist Notre Dame....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Still about conflicts versus Catholics huh lol

(Laughing)...,just a tad.......Seriously, no team in the history of college football has been routinely “overrated” and helped in the polls as Notre Dame. If they had played and defeated the same teams that UCF played and defeated, they’d be ranked number 2 behind Alabama....C’mon. You know I’m not lying....

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
(Laughing)...,just a tad.......Seriously, no team in the history of college football has been routinely “overrated” and helped in the polls as Notre Dame. If they had played and defeated the same teams that UCF played and defeated, they’d be ranked number 2 behind Alabama....C’mon. You know I’m not lying....
Lol. But I have to give them credit. I feel like because they're independent and their schedule consists of many teams that are at least traditionally good, they're going to always get ranked fairly high if they "just win baby." That's smart business at least. If they joined the ACC like the basketball team... Whew lol

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol. But I have to give them credit. I feel love because they're independent and their schedule consists of many teams that are at least traditionally good, they're going to always get ranked fairly high if they "just win baby." That's smart business at least. If they joined the ACC like the basketball team... Whew lol

Smart business? Agreed. Still, only conference champions should be allowed to compete in the playoffs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2