I’m only sad for those that may have lost their scholarship after that travesty lol
    LOL! Clemson just had a better team. They're entire defensive front could have gone to the NFL last year, but chose to stay their senior year to help beat Alabama. Clemson outplayed and outcoached Bama.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-12-2019 12:22 PM
    Great game and the outcome was expected, but not by that many points...(Laughing)
    Dan Enos is a great quarterbacks coach. He should do well as OC at the U.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-12-2019 12:26 PM
    Dan Enos is a great quarterbacks coach. He should do well as OC at the U.
    I sure hope so, the offensive line is Miami’s primary weakness. QB Perry has a ton of talent, but I would still welcome Jalen Hurts if he decides to play for the U.
    01-12-2019 02:42 PM
    I sure hope so, the offensive line is Miami’s primary weakness. QB Perry has a ton of talent, but I would still welcome Jalen Hurts if he decides to play for the U.
    You would love Jalen...every phase of Jalen.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-12-2019 02:54 PM
    Maybe Dabo and Clemson agreed to have the fast food for their visit but my question is, has a team ever visited the White House so soon after winning their championship? Seems Clemson’s visit was rather fast.
    01-15-2019 02:54 PM
    Maybe Dabo and Clemson agreed to have the fast food for their visit but my question is, has a team ever visited the White House so soon after winning their championship? Seems Clemson’s visit was rather fast.
    Well the schedule at 1600 doesn’t seem too busy these days.
    TgeekB, Spencerdl and mumfoau like this.
    01-15-2019 06:25 PM
    I thought the president did a great job providing fast food and the players thought so too, what’s really sad is the media only focused on the negative and that has no place in college sports.
    Just_Me_D and Annie_M like this.
    01-15-2019 06:36 PM
    Well the schedule at 1600 doesn’t seem too busy these days.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-15-2019 06:42 PM
    “I think I’ll honor the National Champions by serving them McDonalds”

Priceless.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-15-2019 06:50 PM
    I thought the president did a great job providing fast food and the players thought so too, what’s really sad is the media only focused on the negative and that has no place in college sports.
    My issue was out of all the great places in DC to get food, that’s the trash that was picked. I mean, I didn’t see any vegetarian or vegan or kosher options on the list. Not all people in that age group eat that crap. Some of them actually care what they put in their body. And just to be clear the fries are not vegan.

“I think I’ll honor the National Champions by serving them McDonalds”

Priceless.
    I felt more thought could have gone into this*
    01-15-2019 07:11 PM
    My issue was out of all the great places in DC to get food, that’s the trash that was picked. I mean, I didn’t see any vegetarian or vegan or kosher options on the list. Not all people in that age group eat that crap. Some of them actually care what they put in their body. And just to be clear the fries are not vegan.

I totally agree. It shows how out of touch with reality he is.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-15-2019 07:13 PM

The players liked it and had a great time, so that’s all that counts. Mission successful.
    nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-15-2019 07:14 PM
    The players liked it and had a great time, so that’s all that counts. Mission successful.
    Hopefully, ALL the players liked it! I just find it very hard to believe that all those people like the same stuff. Hopefully, they those with dietary restrictions/differences were accommodated, as well. I say this because there’s a group of only 5 of us at work that have lunch together all the time, but we all have different diets...that’s only 5 people.
    01-15-2019 07:20 PM
    I just saw on Twitter that Jalen Hurts is transferring to Oklahoma!
    GolfnCPA and nikkisharif like this.
    01-16-2019 02:51 PM
    Bomani Jones just mentioned that on High Noon. Looks like my backup at FSU is entering the transfer pipeline as well.
    01-16-2019 03:02 PM
    It seems to me (admittedly, with limited knowledge) that this is happening more and more. I'm not sure why this is the new trend.
    01-16-2019 03:06 PM
    I am also an Oklahoma Sooners fan from back in the Barry Switzer days and it should be interesting. Sometimes change is a good thing, just like when Shea Patterson transferred to Michigan and became the starting QB. Makes college football interesting.

Being I was born and raised in Michigan, I am a loyal Wolverine football fan. I became a dual fan way back when they had those great Oklahoma teams Barry Switzer coached. God I love college football.
    GolfnCPA, Annie_M and nikkisharif like this.
    01-16-2019 03:57 PM
    I screamed when I saw this!!!! One of the greatest days of the year...#RollTide
    mumfoau and Annie_M like this.
    01-17-2019 08:21 PM
    I screamed when I saw this!!!! One of the greatest days of the year...#RollTide
    Not a fan huh?
    nikkisharif and Annie_M like this.
    01-17-2019 08:26 PM
    Not a fan huh?
    Never have been..can you tell*
    mumfoau and Annie_M like this.
    01-17-2019 08:28 PM

What would a bunch of college football players have preferred? They aren't a bunch of vegans. They liked it.
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-18-2019 02:46 PM
    What would a bunch of college football players have preferred? They aren't a bunch of vegans. They liked it.
    Maybe this is just my open minded, urban thinking but I feel that’s a ridiculous stereotype!! There are tons of young athletes that are not meat eaters. I know plenty. There are also many people out here that actually care about what they put in their bodies...young people included. There are also many people that choose not to eat things for spiritual & religious reasons.

With that being said, if they liked it, that’s great! What I said was it’s hard for me to believe that every player on that team has the same diet. I also can’t say whether they had other options. I’m speaking on what I saw.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-18-2019 04:08 PM
    Maybe this is just my open minded, urban thinking but I feel that’s a ridiculous stereotype!! There are tons of young athletes that are not meat eaters. I know plenty. There are also many people out here that actually care about what they put in their bodies...young people included. There are also many people that choose not to eat things for spiritual & religious reasons.

With that being said, if they liked it, that’s great! What I said was it’s hard for me to believe that every player on that team has the same diet. I also can’t say whether they had other options. I’m speaking on what I saw.
    They had pizza too. I just don't see it an issue. Obama used to bring in hamburgers at the WH. Don't recall anyone making issue of that.
    01-18-2019 05:37 PM
    They had pizza too. I just don't see it an issue. Obama used to bring in hamburgers at the WH. Don't recall anyone making issue of that.
    There’s so many responses I could think of but I don’t want to start a political argument.
    I hope they enjoyed themselves.
    I hope the government gets their act together (both sides) and ends this ridiculous shutdown or next years national champions are going to have to bring their own food.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-18-2019 05:51 PM
    I think you’re interpreting my thoughts wrong. My thoughts literally have nothing to do with who the president is. I would have said the same about anyone that did this. I’m a medical professional & vegan. The fact that people still brag about putting crap into their bodies, with all the information that’s available, is unsettling. Most people that die of unnatural causes could have prevented illness & death by changing their diet. I’ve seen athletes, healthy looking on the outside, drop dead...90% of the causes could have been prevented by changing diet. I mean I can go on & on!!! Even if these details weren’t a factor, I’m an advocate of trying new things in different states. I would be annoyed if I visited someone & they set aside time for us to have things I can have at home. No it doesn’t have to be expensive, but it could be something that’s exclusive to the area. I mean, put a little thought into it.
    01-18-2019 06:00 PM
366 ... 12131415