While perusing for stories via the Apple News app, I came across an article about a waitress being fired for posting a Facebook rant about not getting a tip for preparing a large take-out order for a Church. With that in mind, I recall a discussion here some years back about tipping. I’m one who tips based on received service whereas others tip automatically.

Anyway, the company that the waitress works for has a strict policy forbidding workers from posting about customers on social media. With that in mind, her firing was legit, in my opinion. If you get a chance, read the article and then post your thoughts in this thread, please. Thank you.

Source: https://apple.news/A-B4IqqgiRLqyI8GzqBsygA
    02-11-2018 05:15 PM
    If she were my employee, I’d have also have fired her.

Not for posting about customers on Facebook, but for ranting about not getting tip, which is entirely optional.
    Very unethical and unprofessional.
    02-11-2018 05:18 PM
    I’m against employees doing things like this. I understand why she feels the way she does but doesn’t justify doing what she did. Out she goes.

Edit: We also don’t need a Facebook post to know church congregation people are some of the cheapest creatures alive lol
    Last edited by BreakingKayfabe; 02-17-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    02-15-2018 09:22 PM
    Yeah, sadly her firing was legit. But if they had’t fired her they could have made it a teachable moment, which IMO would have been better. Welcome to the USA.
    02-17-2018 02:16 AM