Questions For The Pilots

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I will be starting a flight training program at a local community college next year and I was wondering if any of the pilots here could answer some questions that I have. My plan once I get my licenses is to build up the time until I can apply at the airlines. I have emailed the department chair and asked him to send me a copy of the syllabus for the first two classes in hopes that it answers some of my questions before hand.
-Should I look at purchasing an EFB app? If so, can someone recommend an EFB app? I've been told that ForeFlight is the best but I have no experience with it.
-Should I purchase and use a paper logbook or is using an app like LogTen Pro sufficient? Are there any disadvantages to having an electronic only logbook? You are able to print out your logbook from LogTen Pro so you can use it for job applications.
-For headsets I was looking at the David Clark H10-13X which has active noise cancelling. Is this a good headset and how soon should I purchase it when I am doing my training? I'm aware that there are better headsets out there such as the David Clark DC ONE-X and the Bose A20, but all I am worried about is active noise cancelling and I literally couldn't care less about Bluetooth or the auxiliary audio input. However, if the David Clark DC ONE-X or the Bose A20 have better noise cancelling than the David Clark H10-13X then that is something to consider as well.
-Is it still beneficial to learn the E6B flight computer versus getting the electronic version? My understanding is that there are electronic versions of the E6B that are allowed on the tests. I've read several educational resources pertaining to the E6B and I must say it is a great tool to have.
-What could I expect when taking the medical?
-I would appreciate any tips and tricks that you all have learned along the way.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I love aviation, but I am not a pilot hahahaha.
Hopefully, someone who is a pilot will be able to reply to your thread soon.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I love aviation, but I am not a pilot hahahaha.
Hopefully, someone who is a pilot will be able to reply to your thread soon.

Thanks! I too love aviation which is why I am looking to get into this career field. Especially with all of the pilots slated to retire due to 65 within the next ten years. However, knowing my luck they will change the age to 67 or 70 about the time I have 1,500 hours and apply to the airlines.
I wasn't sure if there were pilots here or not, but I crossposted the thread at other forums I participate in hoping to get as many suggestions as possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox