iMore.com and chrome compatibility

Perry_Orne

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what iMore did recently to break chrome compatibility on their site? Of course I've done all of the normal clear your cache kinds of things. The main page comes up and then immediately moves to only taking up half the page. In other words all the content looks to be there, but the display is contained in only half the available browser page.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask the group to see if anyone had any ideas.

Perry

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that some ads are full page and function as the background wallpaper. When that happens, the actual page content gets narrowed to approximately half the page size, but centered on the screen. Is this what you are seeing?

Perry_Orne

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think so. In my case the entire left hand side of the available browser page is completely blank and the entire right hand side now contains what would have filled the entire browser page. It only happens on iMore and no other site. And, so everyone is aware I have cleared all history, etc. to see if it was some lingering issue with something.

Interestingly enough, perhaps there is some relation to what you are referring to, because once the page is drawn (on the right side of the available browser window) it seems to be EXACTLY 50% of the available page. If I increase the size of the browser window, the iMore.com page then increases to fill again 50% of the page, but the right hand 50% not the middle.

My guess is that there is some html (etc) code that isn't compatible with chrome that's being used. But, surely I'm not the only visitor to use Chrome. Can someone else launch chrome, navigate to iMore and see what they get?

Thanks,

Perry_Orne

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So it seems the problem is with some incompatibility between iMore.com (some code being used) and the Chrome extension WOT (Web Of Trust). Disabling this extension fixes the webpage display problem.