Where do you exercise?

AmandaKess22

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to get back in shape this year and have found I'm a lot more comfortable working out at home vs. going to a gym. I've been doing Beachbody's dance workout Cize and having a lot of fun with it: https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/cize-dance-workout.do

I know it's silly, but I get a little self conscious at the gym and I don't really have the space for a personal gym or too much equipment so I like that this doesn't require anything but my attention.

What about you? Do you prefer going to a gym? Have equipment at home?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I workout at home since we have a lot of fitness equipment (I'm married to a personal trainer) and in my neighborhood or park trails (I run).

Vavel

Banned
Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
I make workout at home. it's not so comfortable, but doing HIIT exercises that I can do without special equipment and pay for it isn't good to me. however, I agree it's much more better make a work out at the gym. I mean, atmosphere and there's no temptation to be lazy.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I walk in my area and will exercise at home. I am on limitation for now but will hopefully get back into it soon. I want to join a gym but I don’t want to made to feel uncomfortable in my surroundings

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I walk do my best to walk 10K steps a day, and am going to hook up with a personal trainer in January when the new semester begins (I work at a University and the personal trainers are students).

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I was a sports nutritionist and a kinesiologist for 30 years and I’ve worked in countless gyms and clubs... which is why today, I stay as far away from them as I can:
I always get sick whenever I go to a gym, those places are germ pits.
To stay fit, I do my yoga at home and then I grab my pack and hit the trails. Scrambling up and down mountains with a full pack on, now that keeps my badonks from hitting the floor.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I work out at my local planet fitness and go at least 4-5 days a week. I found out I have a heart condition and have lost 62 pounds in the past year and I feel great. I should have been doing this years ago.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I’m a truck driver. Limits me getting to a gym. Usually either walking laps around a parking lot. Or, if I have time, I carry a bike with me. A Montague Paratrooper Highline. A full sized folding mountain bike. Tried also jump rope, but my knees at my age can’t handle it. Here is my bike, stowed and ready to ride.

AA8892FC-53F8-4A72-BFB5-8EF227869F41.jpg

IMG_0423.JPG

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Update for me. I have added a second “stallion” to my stable. This one will stay at home, while my previously mentioned Montague still travels the country with me. It’s a Colnago World Cup Cyclocross. This is an awesome bike, and I can’t wait for summer to get some serious miles on it.
6f1f7ac20351af324a00920e9c349276.jpg

pretty_lexi

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
I prefer doing my own workout, as I am too lazy to go to the gym. I have my equipment at home courtesy of brother. I am currently working on removing my belly fats in a natural way. I do have an abs workout app and the 30-day weight loss challenge on my phone. I also do some cycling, running, and walking on a daily basis. My Siberian Husky usually accompanies me for a walk around the neighborhood. I have never tried to let him leave the house without a dog collar on as he is not that friendly to strangers. This dog inspires me to stay on track and to hit my fitness goals.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711