Entering an era when facts no longer matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
What about the lies the democrats told? That I know of, there's Kennedy, Bill Clinton, all of obama's lies, and hillary's lies. Why do we have to ignore those to focus on what President Trump said?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
What about the lies the democrats told? That I know of, there's Kennedy, Bill Clinton, all of obama's lies, and hillary's lies. Why do we have to ignore those to focus on what President Trump said?

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I'm going to assume your point is, "Politicians have always lied so I'm ok with the lies". Would that be correct? I can't hold past Presidents (or presidential candidates) accountable for lies because they are no longer in office. Obama's "lie" about keeping your healthcare plan was branded "Biggest Lie of 2013" on Politifact. So accountability is and has been there.

Can we focus on the current though? I won't reference anyone other than who I'm speaking with. I would ask YOU to reference the current. I'm not much concerned with what everyone else does. Simply the person I'm speaking with. This will avoid the typical, "All liberals" or "All conservations" or "Trump supporters" or "Trump haters" comments.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to put words in your mouth but I'm going to assume your point is, "Politicians have always lied so I'm ok with the lies". Would that be correct?
No, it's not correct at all. What I'm saying is you can't bring up President Trump's alleged lies, and give your party, the democrats, a pass on their lies.
I can't hold past Presidents (or presidential candidates) accountable for lies because they are no longer in office.
You're being selective about who youmaccuse about lying. What about Kennedy, Bill Cinton, obama, and hillary? The four of them told lies, and you want to act like it never happened. That's prejudiced!
Obama's "lie" about keeping your healthcare plan was branded "Biggest Lie of 2013" on Politifact.
Why's "lie" in quotation marks? He did lie about beingable to keep your healthcare plan, and let's not forget that he said your prices won't increase, and you can keep your doctor! Plus the fact that he had his birth certificate sealed leads me, a reasonable person, to believe that he's hiding something.
So accountability is and has been there.
Where was your so called accountability when my health care quadrupled after the liar in chief said our prices won't go up? Where was accountability when Bill Clinton lied about receiving oral sex from an intern? Where was accountability when hillary lied about Benghazi, and then lied about the email scandel and proceeded to delete the emails while under investigation? It seems accountability only works if the person is a Republican, whereas democrats get a free pass.
Can we focus on the current though?
This pertains to the current. Why must a Republican president be blasted for an alleged lie, when democrats get a free pass? How many people died because of President Trump's alleged lies? How many people ded because of hillary's lies about Benghazi? How about you ask Ambassador Stevens about hillary's lies!
I won't reference anyone other than who I'm speaking with. I would ask YOU to reference the current.
And I won't let you be prejudiced about who you call a liar, especially when you are giving your party's liars a free pass!
I'm not much concerned with what everyone else does. Simply the person I'm speaking with.
Your prejudice against Republicans is obvious! You won't let your party's lies be brought up, but you chose to constantly slam President Trump. If i were to slam obama you'd be thrilled, I'm sure!
This will avoid the typical, "All liberals" or "All conservations" or "Trump supporters" or "Trump haters" comments.
So I am curious, what did you do when people were talking about obama? Were you slamming him like you do President Trump? Or were you slamming the posters like you have done to me in the past? I have extremely thick skin, so long as you don't call me a racist, although my half black half Sicilian girlfriend gets a kick out of it!

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm from the UK so we have a slightly different approach to how media works but in the most ours still doesn't always report facts like they should be.

In the case of politics where "fake news" seems to be the topic of choice the UK and US do appear to have the same issue.

Brexit is our Trump where facts appear to have been forgotten in place of bold faced lies.

I do however think there is an onus on the reader to research before making a decision on something important.

You wouldn't believe a car salesman who told you a car could go 1000 miles an hour without at least checking first.
Why should you believe a politician who says immigration is ruining the economy without checking the numbers? (U.K. Reference there!)

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm from the UK so we have a slightly different approach to how media works but in the most ours still doesn't always report facts like they should be.

In the case of politics where "fake news" seems to be the topic of choice the UK and US do appear to have the same issue.

Brexit is our Trump where facts appear to have been forgotten in place of bold faced lies.

I do however think there is an onus on the reader to research before making a decision on something important.

You wouldn't believe a car salesman who told you a car could go 1000 miles an hour without at least checking first.
Why should you believe a politician who says immigration is ruining the economy without checking the numbers? (U.K. Reference there!)

Illegal immigration is ruining our country! How about we ask Germany about their muslim refugee problems? While I am all for freedom of press, I feel that "fake news" should not be permitted. The press should be publishing the truth, with no political bias. If news agencies publish lies, they should beheld accountable.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not correct at all. What I'm saying is you can't bring up President Trump's alleged lies, and give your party, the democrats, a pass on their lies.

You're being selective about who youmaccuse about lying. What about Kennedy, Bill Cinton, obama, and hillary? The four of them told lies, and you want to act like it never happened. That's prejudiced!

Why's "lie" in quotation marks? He did lie about beingable to keep your healthcare plan, and let's not forget that he said your prices won't increase, and you can keep your doctor! Plus the fact that he had his birth certificate sealed leads me, a reasonable person, to believe that he's hiding something.

Where was your so called accountability when my health care quadrupled after the liar in chief said our prices won't go up? Where was accountability when Bill Clinton lied about receiving oral sex from an intern? Where was accountability when hillary lied about Benghazi, and then lied about the email scandel and proceeded to delete the emails while under investigation? It seems accountability only works if the person is a Republican, whereas democrats get a free pass.

This pertains to the current. Why must a Republican president be blasted for an alleged lie, when democrats get a free pass? How many people died because of President Trump's alleged lies? How many people ded because of hillary's lies about Benghazi? How about you ask Ambassador Stevens about hillary's lies!

And I won't let you be prejudiced about who you call a liar, especially when you are giving your party's liars a free pass!

Your prejudice against Republicans is obvious! You won't let your party's lies be brought up, but you chose to constantly slam President Trump. If i were to slam obama you'd be thrilled, I'm sure!

So I am curious, what did you do when people were talking about obama? Were you slamming him like you do President Trump? Or were you slamming the posters like you have done to me in the past? I have extremely thick skin, so long as you don't call me a racist, although my half black half Sicilian girlfriend gets a kick out of it!

I'm not debating the past. You want to talk about Hillary (who lost the election) and others who are no longer the president? I'm not discussing that. Yes...everyone you mentioned has told lies. Does that make the lies Trump has told better? What is your point? Why can't you discuss something without pointing the finger?

And the democrats aren't my party.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Illegal immigration is ruining our country! How about we ask Germany about their muslim refugee problems? While I am all for freedom of press, I feel that "fake news" should not be permitted. The press should be publishing the truth, with no political bias. If news agencies publish lies, they should beheld accountable.

Do you believe Trump should be held accountable for stating that the crime in America is at a 48 year high despite the fact that isn't true?

That is the discussion here. Are you prepared to hold Trump accountable in the same way you've held previous politicians accountable for their lies?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not debating the past.
Then stop slamming President Trump if you don't want to be proven wrong, which you are.
You want to talk about Hillary (who lost the election) and others who are no longer the president?
I'm just proving your unjust prejudice against President Trump. It's made quite obvious when you give democrats a free pass for their lies.
Yes...everyone you mentioned has told lies.
However they get a free pass since they're democrats.
Does that make the lies Trump has told better?
Who got killed because of President Trump's alleged lies?
What is your point?
My point is your extreme prejudice against President Trump and the Republicans. You can call him a liar, but when it's pointed out your party has told more lies, and people were murdered as a result of said lies, you can't tolerate it and your prejudice comes out. You can't call President Trump a liar and get mad at him when obama and hillary, among the others I've mentioned, have told more lies, worse lies, and their lies have gotten people murdered.
Why can't you discuss something without pointing the finger?
Why can't you discuss what I mentioned? Why are you so prejudiced against President Trump and the Republicans?
And the democrats aren't my party.
You sound like a democrat, my apologies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you able to get past the election results or no? We are months from that. Why can't we discuss our current administration without bringing up the past or Hillary or Obama?
Why must you be so prejudiced that you'd want to act like hillary, obama, and the democrats do no wrong? Your prejudice against President Trump and the Republicans is obvious.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Then stop slamming President Trump if you don't want to be proven wrong, which you are.

I'm just proving your unjust prejudice against President Trump. It's made quite obvious when you give democrats a free pass for their lies.

However they get a free pass since they're democrats.

Who got killed because of President Trump's alleged lies?

My point is your extreme prejudice against President Trump and the Republicans. You can call him a liar, but when it's pointed out your party has told more lies, and people were murdered as a result of said lies, you can't tolerate it and your prejudice comes out. You can't call President Trump a liar and get mad at him when obama and hillary, among the others I've mentioned, have told more lies, worse lies, and their lies have gotten people murdered.

Why can't you discuss what I mentioned? Why are you so prejudiced against President Trump and the Republicans?

You sound like a democrat, my apologies.

Dude...
I haven't been proven wrong because I never said Democrats don't lie. Keep swinging.

I haven't given democrats a pass on their lies. This isn't about them. I'm talking about the trump administration.

Nobody got killed because of Trumps lies. Why is this relevant to his lies though?

What can't I tolerate? I agreed with you that democrats have lied. Just like republicans have lied. Are you done yet?

The issue is you can't have a conversation without essentially saying "I know you are but what am I?"

Try focusing on the topic presented without pointing fingers and casting blame elsewhere.

Have other politicians lied? Yes. Absolutely. And they have been called out. Now we are calling out trumps lies. Deal with that and that alone.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you believe Trump should be held accountable for stating that the crime in America is at a 48 year high despite the fact that isn't true?

That is the discussion here. Are you prepared to hold Trump accountable in the same way you've held previous politicians accountable for their lies?

You're the one prejudiced against President Trump, not me. You're the one giving the democrats a pass for their lies, not me.

For me to hold President Trump accountable for his alleged lie, I'd have to know the context of what he said. What crime was he referring to specifically? Was he talking about crime committed by illegals? Was he talking about violent crimes, or crime in general? There's too much unknown for me to make a conclusion yet.
Do you feel that hillary should be held accountable for her lies?
Do you feel that obama should be held accountable for his lies?
Do you feel that Bill Clinton should be held accountable for his lies?
Do you feel that President Kennedy should be held accountable for his lies?
Or should we only hold Republicans accountable for their lies?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Why must you be so prejudiced that you'd want to act like hillary, obama, and the democrats do no wrong? Your prejudice against President Trump and the Republicans is obvious.

Where have I done that?! Lol. You really see what you want to see huh?

Read this and read it clear...Hillary has lied. Obama has lied.

Neither of them are the president currently.

Why do we even still talk about Hillary?! SHE LOST!! She's no longer relevant. Lol. I don't care about Hillary.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You're the one prejudiced against President Trump, not me. You're the one giving the democrats a pass for their lies, not me.

For me to hold President Trump accountable for his alleged lie, I'd have to know the context of what he said. What crime was he referring to specifically? Was he talking about crime committed by illegals? Was he talking about violent crimes, or crime in general? There's too much unknown for me to make a conclusion yet.
Do you feel that hillary should be held accountable for her lies?
Do you feel that obama should be held accountable for his lies?
Do you feel that Bill Clinton should be held accountable for his lies?
Do you feel that President Kennedy should be held accountable for his lies?
Or should we only hold Republicans accountable for their lies?

Watch me do what you fail to do.

Should Hillary be accountable? Yes
Should obama be accountable? Yes
Should bill be accountable? Yes
Should Kennedy be accountable? Yes
Should we only hold republicans accountable? No

Ok...now can we stop talking about people who aren't relevant to this administration? Or is that too much to ask?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Quis89 when will you learn? This isn't about common sense or current events, it's about making excuses with alternative facts and irrelevant BS to keep missing the adipose orange elephant in the room.
The only thing the appointed orange polyp is good for is generating material for late night comedians, otherwise he is as useless and vomitous as week old dog food left at room temp during summer. He will sell us to any foreign power willing to kiss his noxious flabby badonks while oppressing and abusing women at every turn and making his life's quest to destroy every minority in his path, has no problem hiring every climate denying environmental destroyer available, he is as sleazy, putrescent and unclean as any insult to humanity ever oozed onto the planet from the rectal cavity of the universe.
And here in America there are actually people who applaud that and think it's a wonderful thing.
Let that sink in.
This is why America is no longer the superpower of the world, we are going the same way as the Romans, our era is over.
We are now a nation of ignorant dimwits thanks to the republicans having slashed every education budget that they could just so they can head trip the country and send their own kids to private schools.
Quis, you can try debating with them, you won't get anywhere.
You cannot apparently demand that people think when the very ability to think has been snuffed out by generations of American education.
This is Trumpanzee Nation. So put on your red cap and start playing with your own feces, it's the thing, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods