Thoughts on the election result?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"The U.S. economy added a robust 235,000 jobs in February, the Labor Department said Friday.
The unemployment rate ticked down to 4.7%....The economy is showing other signs of strength: Consumer and business confidence is high and stocks are at record levels....Wages grew a solid 2.8% in February compared with a year ago."

Source: https://apple.news/AUdcLCA8NTte6_YtQf7NT3w

Wow! All within President Trump's first full month in office. I love it!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
"The U.S. economy added a robust 235,000 jobs in February, the Labor Department said Friday.
The unemployment rate ticked down to 4.7%....The economy is showing other signs of strength: Consumer and business confidence is high and stocks are at record levels....Wages grew a solid 2.8% in February compared with a year ago."

Source: https://apple.news/AUdcLCA8NTte6_YtQf7NT3w

Wow! All within President Trump's first full month in office. I love it!

I tip my hat. Trump has taken us from an unemployment rate of 42% to 4.7% in a matter of a month and a half. That is great.

During a Sept. 28, 2015, media event, Trump described an unemployment rate in the range of 5 percent as "such a phony number."

"The number isn't reflective," he said. "I've seen numbers of 24 percent -- I actually saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. Forty-two percent." He continued, "5.3 percent unemployment -- that is the biggest joke there is in this country. … The unemployment rate is probably 20 percent, but I will tell you, you have some great economists that will tell you it's a 30, 32. And the highest I've heard so far is 42 percent."

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting on the day, if it ever comes, where certain Americans will take notice of the good he is doing for the country as President and Commander-in-Chief and not continue to hold onto the desire to hate him primarily because of his defeat of their chosen one, HRC.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting on the day, if it ever comes, where certain Americans will take notice of the good he is doing for the country as President and Commander-in-Chief and not continue to hold onto the desire to hate him primarily because of his defeat of their chosen one, HRC.
You'll be waiting for a long time!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I saw the release of the jobs report and I just KNEW Trump supporters were going to tout that as a victory. But when Obama was in office they found every reason to hate those jobs report numbers. Those numbers were called fake...by Trump himself. But now all of a sudden those numbers indicate Trump is doing great things for this country. I just find that hilarious is all, lol. Trump himself told us all that those numbers weren't to be trusted. What changed? Lol.

The newest jobs numbers reflect conditions from mid-Febuary. He had been president for 3 weeks. At that point he hadn't done anything that would have a direct affect on the economy.

I'll happily give him credit when credit is deserved. But I'm not letting any Trump supporter pull that wool over my eyes. That man himself told us not to believe these job numbers. He doesn't get to wear a cape now that he's the one in office.

I'll give him credit for the bills he's signed promoting women in STEM fields, and his crime reduction task force is interesting but the intentions are great and I like his HBCU initiative. I'm interested to see how that plays out. Aside from that, I'm interested in knowing what exactly we should be praising him for?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I saw the release of the jobs report and I just KNEW Trump supporters were going to tout that as a victory. ...
See, that's just it. I don't look at that as a "victory". I simply see it as great news for Americans, especially since we're inundated with deliberate anti-Trump reporting. Seeing this in terms of being a victory never crossed my mind.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
See, that's just it. I don't look at that as a "victory". I simply see it as great news for Americans, especially since were inundated with deliberate anti-Trump reporting. Seeing this in terms of being a victory never crossed my mind.

I agree. It is great news. Our economy has been adding jobs for a steady 77 months. Well before Trump. And this latest report has very little to do with Trump is my point. I simply would have enjoyed seeing this enthusiasm directed at Obama from some. I simply never saw it. Again...those numbers were disputed time and time again. If we are finally at a point where everyone can look at those numbers and cheer then I guess I have to at least give Trump credit for changing the perspective lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree. It is great news. Our economy has been adding jobs for a steady 77 months. Well before Trump. And this latest report has very little to do with Trump is my point. I simply would have enjoyed seeing this enthusiasm directed at Obama from some. I simply never saw it. Again...those numbers were disputed time and time again. If we are finally at a point where everyone can look at those numbers and cheer then I guess I have to at least give Trump credit for changing the perspective lol.

SMH!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Couldn't care less about the unemployment numbers no matter who is in office. It's easy for those numbers to go down when a lot of people who don't have jobs to have their unemployment benefits run out, thus having themselves removed from the unemployment list which helps create a lower number. Doesn't necessarily mean those people found a job.

I thought those numbers were useless while Obama was in office and I feel the same now. Not reflective of how much people are suffering.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Trump's words were the only thing I was pointing out. I find humor in them, personally. One minute Obama himself, tapped the phones in Trump Tower. Now...Trump meant "wire tapping" to loosely describe all aspects of surveillance. Lol. It's hilarious to me. I particularly enjoy watching people scramble to defend his words lol. I feel bad for Conway and Spicer. They easily have the worst jobs in America lol.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was fine giving him the benefit of the doubt. But he's just what I thought he was. Big mouth Nooo Yawwkker. On top of that, I'm getting the feeling he's a homosexual and I'm not that comfortable with a homosexual as president. Just my feeling.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was fine giving him the benefit of the doubt. But he's just what I thought he was. Big mouth Nooo Yawwkker. On top of that, I'm getting the feeling he's a homosexual and I'm not that comfortable with a homosexual as president. Just my feeling.

Trump is a train wreck and always has been. But your comments are startling and offensive. You're a homophobe. Not to mention the idea that any of the 25 million people in New York can be stereotyped together.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Trump is a train wreck and always has been. But your comments are startling and offensive. You're a homophobe. Not to mention the idea that any of the 25 million people in New York can be stereotyped together.

He's much better than the liar and murder your party had. And the comments are no different than what your side says about Trump. It just goes to show the left are hypocrites!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods