Thoughts on the election result?

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I would argue that your statement that "the conservative brain is less receptive to change" is false.

That's false logic. The key words, and maybe it's more about generalities than specificity, are LESS RECEPTIVE.

It does't say that conservatives DON'T change.

But the truth is you had an emotional reaction to the studies based on anecdotal experience(s).

So, ding, ding, ding.

100pts for the studies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
But the truth is you had an emotional reaction to the studies based on anecdotal experience(s).

So, ding, ding, ding.

100pts for the studies.

I didn't have any emotional reactions to the false studies you posted. But think what you want, you liberals always do.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a liberal.

You're failing at making your point, but no need to start casting aspersions.
You are a liberal, and you failed at making your point. You're the one who said "the conservative brain is less receptive to change."

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. Failed agian.

I voted for Trump. I voted for Gulianni.

I don't immediately recognize what flag that is on your page, so I'm guessing it's some place where people all look/sound the same.

And as you quoted my links as 'NOT TOO REPUTABLE'.

Here's a link to a government neuroscience study pretty much saying the same thing.

But I would guess you didn't read any of the actual articles. Yes?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. Failed agian.

I voted for Trump. I voted for Gulianni.

I don't immediately recognize what flag that is on your page, so I'm guessing it's some place where people all look/sound the same.

And as you quoted my links as 'NOT TOO REPUTABLE'.

Here's a link to a government neuroscience study pretty much saying the same thing.

But I would guess you didn't read any of the actual articles. Yes?
I did read them. And only a liberal would post what you did when you said "the conservative brain is less receptive to change," and that's a quote from you. It's an Italian flag on my page, and I've grown up, and lived, all over the world, perks of having a military flag officer for a father and being a commissioned military officer myself. If you are really from NYC, I find it hard to believe that you don't recognize the Italian flag. And no, not everyone in Italy looks and sounds the same.

Last edited:

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I did read them. And only a liberal would post what you did when you said "the conservative brain is less receptive to change," and that's a quote from you. It's an Italian flag on my page, and I've grown up, and lived, all over the world, perks of having a military flag officer for a father and being a commissioned military officer myself. If you are really from NYC, I find it hard to believe that you don't recognize the Italian flag. And no, not everyone in Italy looks and sounds the same.

My specific quote was:

"THE IDEA IS the conservative brain is less receptive to change."

That being the idea of THE STUDIES POSTED. Not my personnel belief. But I'm guessing that you had some sort of autonomic response to the post, zoned in on very specific words and discarded everything else posted.

That actually is an emotional response.

Whether you choose to believe something or not does not make it untrue.

What's interesting from a certain sociological perspective is that you would rather expel personal energy name calling, than actually in-depth commenting on the studies themselves.

Oh! So that's the Italian flag? Good for you guys.

They only time I see it here in the city is during the World Cup.

Or when I pass by the U.N.

I'm a native NY'er. Don't care about other flags.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope! But I do have two degrees.

Do you actually want to talk about the studies and how it's beneficial for all to have balance?

I'd love to.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow! You're all over the place.

Have you ever participated in an ADD study?

You must love shiny things.

With that said. I'll go back to just stalking the boards looking for great conversation.

There are some great conversations to be had. You just have to find the right crowd. That is key.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow! You're all over the place.

Have you ever participated in an ADD study?

You must love shiny things.

With that said. I'll go back to just stalking the boards looking for great conversation.

Practicing psychology without a license, are you? Yet another typical liberal who can't answer simple questions.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
What do you know about a great crowd, you're a liberal!

You're saying that like it's an insult. Take a step back for a second. One of us has continued to toss "insults" while the other respectfully engaged in a debate. Meanwhile you attempt to somehow discredit me? I'd rather be a liberal than whatever you consider yourself if it means you enjoy insulting others during what could have been a respectful debate.

Politics and all that aside, if you can't simply have a conversation without allowing your bias to stir you towards insults of those with differing views than your own, are you really that much better than the people you have an issue with?

Seriously think about that. Why is it so tough for you to accept the thoughts of others WITHOUT attempting to belittle them? Immaturity? Lack of confidence? Or keyboard courage?

Whatever the reason, the rules for this forum blatantly state that disrespect isn't welcome. If you can't follow those simple rules then it's probably best you don't engage.

For what it's worth, I enjoy my crowd. I had lunch with a great friend of mine. He dislikes Obama and is fully supportive of Trump. We exchange ideas and views then shake hands at the end. Sure things get heated, but no insults are thrown. It's nice to know there are still decent people out there on both sides.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Another English chap here,
In the spirit ! of the OQ I think that you guys are to be congratulated for voting for an outcome even funnier than Brexit ! and it seems to offer you great latitude for gratuitous insult (cheers from the gallery) go for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Time Out time, perhaps?.......Listen, in a forum like this, there will be a difference of opinions and points of view. A tiny jab here and there is somewhat acceptable, but what is NOT acceptable are deliberate/intentional insults meant to cause harm. Remember, what doesn't make sense to some makes perfect sense to others. With that in mind, if you feel yourself getting frustrated or "hot under the collar"......take some time away from the conversation. In the meantime, let's keep it clean. Thanks.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You're saying that like it's an insult. Take a step back for a second. One of us has continued to toss "insults" while the other respectfully engaged in a debate. Meanwhile you attempt to somehow discredit me? I'd rather be a liberal than whatever you consider yourself if it means you enjoy insulting others during what could have been a respectful debate.

Politics and all that aside, if you can't simply have a conversation without allowing your bias to stir you towards insults of those with differing views than your own, are you really that much better than the people you have an issue with?

Seriously think about that. Why is it so tough for you to accept the thoughts of others WITHOUT attempting to belittle them? Immaturity? Lack of confidence? Or keyboard courage?

Whatever the reason, the rules for this forum blatantly state that disrespect isn't welcome. If you can't follow those simple rules then it's probably best you don't engage.

For what it's worth, I enjoy my crowd. I had lunch with a great friend of mine. He dislikes Obama and is fully supportive of Trump. We exchange ideas and views then shake hands at the end. Sure things get heated, but no insults are thrown. It's nice to know there are still decent people out there on both sides.

Hey Man, you're being baited.

It's a common fencing tactic. Evade and jab. Notice his use of exclamation points mostly after the use of the world 'liberal'.

He's luring you in as he sits and giggles somewhere about how easy it is to press your buttons and get a reaction from you.

Don't give it the time.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]Please Be polite. Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs.[/WARN]