Thoughts on the election result?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
For example, some women believe that the President will go out of his way to oppress women. How in the heck is going to do that?
It’s what the media is telling them!

Others state that they don't like him because of some of things he's said about women that some found unflattering. Every dude in America knows and understands that you can darn near say anything to a good deal of women if they're interested in you. GOD knows I've seen women dressed so fine and walking with a knowing confidence to the point where I was compelled to say, "Girl, yeah! Work it". They'd laugh, wink, smile or say thank you.
Exactly, every guy has done it in the past! The reason the media gave Donald Trump a hard time over it was because he is a Republican. Let’s not forget that he was a democrat when he said it!

Women do the same. It has happened to me on more occasions that I care to recall, especially during my bad boy days......
You forget, women are allowed to express their sexuality, whereas men can’t…at least according to the feminists!

The President, being a dude and a rich one at that, has also done it. So what? He was being a guy, and many of those women weren't offended. That same man is now President and is serious about his current role as Commander in Chief. He will not have the time or the privacy to be out and about harassing, demeaning, and oppressing women, in general, like the protestors would like all of us to believe.
Exactly, most of the women weren’t offended, and most of the ones who claimed to be were paid to say such.

Look man...you all can defend Trump all you want and that's all fine and well
You mean like you defend hillary the criminal and murderer? How many people did President Trump kill due to his negligence? How many classified documents did President Trump mishandle due to his negligence? The answer to both questions is none, yet you chose to defend a criminal and a murderer? I am sure if a democrat said what President Trump said, you would choose to support him. Do you listen to rap music? If so, you would know that what President Trump said pales in comparison to what rappers say about women. Yet you chose to ignore that, and I am going to say that the reason you do so is because they are democrats.

But PLEASE don't lump him in with the rest of us men. I'm a father...and that is insanely insulting. All men do not talk like Trump did. And it's ridiculous for you all to continue talking as such.
Yet it is okay for rappers to say things that are much worse than what President Trump said? And you support a candidate who mishandles classified information and caused the deaths of several Americans due to her negligence? You are such a joke!

To say women are 100% equal in todays society is simply untrue.
Actually your comment is untrue, because, despite the fact that they make up 50.2% of the population compared to men making up 49.8%. women get a minority preference strictly for being women. It happens all the time in Government hiring and promotions, despite the candidates qualifications. The fact that you believe what you typed shows how blind you really are.

I see nothing wrong with them marching to ensure they are well represented in an administration led by a man who has been caught red handed objectifying them.
Yet you say nothing about rappers who say things much worse than President Trump said.

If you think for one second that President Trump wouldn't go after Howard Stern if he felt Stern was being disrespectful of his daughter, you're delusional.
Exactly!

My daughter was straight up gorgeous, but I'm not so wrapped up in my own little world to think that guys who saw her looked at her in a fatherly manner because they didn't.
It happens to me all the time when I am out with my fiancé who is at least a twelve on a scale of ten!

Furthermore, if you have a daughter who grows up to be beautiful and fine, she will encounter guys who will not look at her in the manner that you do. Many of them will have thoughts of how they can get between her legs. Period!
So true!

Aren't you the one who can't understand WHY many of us view BHO in a manner that we do that has nothing to do with his race/skin color? We simply wanted to ensure that our voices were heard and yet, we were called racists, bigots and all sorts of unflattering things for doing so.
Exactly! Eight years of being called a racist because I disliked obama makes me want to stick my middle finger up at everyone who speaks out against President Trump. Our voices were never heard under obama, which is probably why we ended up with President Trump. From now on I will call people who speak out against President Trump a racist, and if they are a female, I will call them sexist. That is what they did to us under obama’s eight year regime.

I see nothing wrong with them saying that BHO is the worst President we've ever had after watching him lead this nation down a road of self-destruction.
He is the worse president in history, and he totally destroyed America!

Anyway, I've just arrived at work. Take care...
Don’t even get me started about work! [rant]I am tired of working myself to death just so that people can get free handouts and live a luxurious lifestyle. I was in the grocery store on Saturday with my fiancé behind a man who was complaining because his EBT card wouldn’t work. Due to my jobs, I have a high degree of situational awareness, and I noticed he had a Rolex Submariner on his wrist. He was causing a scene at the self checkout, so my fiancé and I finished our purchase, and walked out a couple of minutes after he did, and he was loading his groceries in a brand new Cadillac, which still had temporary tags on it. Notice I said temporary tags, and not dealer tags, so there is no way this was a loaner car from the service department. It pissed me off that my fiancé and I both work and people who don’t make more money than the both of us combined. Seriously I hope President Trump either closes down the welfare system, or jails those who fraud it.[/rant]

He allowed that man to call his daughter a "piece of ***". There is no defense for that. If you'd allow another man to reference your daughter like that then our views on women today are simply different. In my opinion, there is no justification for that.
The democrats say that it is okay, as long as a democrat says it. President Trump was a democrat when that was said, so therefor it is okay according to the democrats. Like I said, you seem to think it is okay for rappers to say much worse about women, so stop being a hypocrite.

I don't care HOW any man on this planet will see my daughter and what their thoughts are. When you're in my presence you will give my daughter the respect she deserves. And objectification by minimizing her to simply a "piece of ***" is never ok. It is insane that anyone can defend such comments. That is mind boggling to me.
I highly doubt that you never said anything like that about someone else’s daughter.

You're not a racist for disliking Obama. You've got every right to dislike him for his policies. Up and to this point, the issues with Trump have been with Trump the PERSON.
And disliking obama for his policies gets one branded a racist. As such I am going to start calling people who dislike President Trump a racist and, if applicable, sexist. It is okay because you leftists all did it to us for the last eight years.

More people have insurance than in the past.
Yeah, and my health insurance has quadrupled, and that is just within the last year, just to subsidize other people’s health insurance. How is that a good thing?

Our unemployment is at an all time low.
That is untrue. It is reported as such because those who gave up working due to not finding employment aren’t labeled as unemployed, they are labeled as not in the workforce, and as such do not count. There are more people without jobs now than there were when obama took office eight years ago.

This country was in much worse shape 8 years ago.
It was in better shape before obama took office. More people had jobs, health insurance was much cheaper, and there were almost no riots simply because law enforcement was doing their job.

IMO, Obama hasn't made this country worse. He's simply maintained it. No worse but no better.
Spoken like a true blinded leftist!

My issue is how everyone is so quick to defend Trumps actions and dismiss them.
"Oh he's just a man"
"Everyone does that"
"But Obama..."
"Benghazi!"
President Trump said no worse than what rappers say about women. And what about Benghazi? I suppose you support what hillary did when she got Americans killed due to her negligence? If a Republican did that, the left would be calling for them to be imprisoned!

It's all interesting. For the sake of Trump and his support I hope he does "turn this country around". Because it will be an exhausting 4/8 years otherwise.
President Trump can do no worse than the last occupant of the White House! He has a proven track record with businesses, and I expect that will carry over into his new role.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He allowed that man to call his daughter a "piece of ***". There is no defense for that. If you'd allow another man to reference your daughter like that then our views on women today are simply different. In my opinion, there is no justification for that. I don't care HOW any man on this planet will see my daughter and what their thoughts are. When you're in my presence you will give my daughter the respect she deserves. And objectification by minimizing her to simply a "piece of ***" is never ok. It is insane that anyone can defend such comments. That is mind boggling to me.
In a 2004 interview with shock jock Howard Stern, Stern did call Ivanka what you quoted above. Would I have allowed it? No, but I also know that everyone wasn't raised in the same manner as I was. That was 13 years ago, and I'd like to think that he knew what type of show he was on and expected the unexpected and the outrageous. Having said that, do you think that the President loves his daughter?

Nope. I absolutely understand. My parents insurance costs have risen. That is a big issue with them. You're not a racist for disliking Obama. You've got every right to dislike him for his policies. Up and to this point, the issues with Trump have been with Trump the PERSON.
My issue with BHO was with him as POTUS. I don't give a crap about his personal life, and neither should you in regard to the current POTUS.
The grace Obama has displayed during his presidency in spite of the opposition and disrespect he's received, in my opinion, isn't up for debate.
Grace? Are you kidding me? He has a quick temper, cannot deal with anyone questioning him legitimately. If so, he would have done real interviews with FOX news and the likes of various conservatives hosts, but he wouldn't.
Trumps character has been the polar opposite. Again, I don't see how this could be up for debate as well.
Trump is Trump. He is now the POTUS. All of the daily negative reporting is deliberate and concerted. He knows it, I know it and a lot of others know it, too.

This country was in much worse shape 8 years ago. IMO, Obama hasn't made this country worse. He's simply maintained it. No worse but no better.
. No sir. I disagree. Before BHO took office, a good deal of people were working one job at 40 hours a week. After he took office, and especially after the passage of the irresponsibly named affordable care act took effect, people lost hours, jobs altogether and many full time workers were relegated to being part time employees and had to work two or more jobs to make up the 40 hours.

Your opinion is that he's ruined this country and you're entitled to that.
I said he was taking the country down a path of self destruction.

My issue is how everyone is so quick to defend Trumps actions and dismiss them.
"Oh he's just a man"
"Everyone does that"
"But Obama..."
"Benghazi!"
During BHO's presidency, ALL of the mainstream media shielded him from criticism and rebuke. Nothing was ever his fault. Not the economy, not the negative effects of the affordable care act or his repeated lies leading up to its passage, Benghazi, or anything else, and whenever anyone spoke out about those things, they were called racists, and became targets of character assassinations.

It's all interesting. For the sake of Trump and his support I hope he does "turn this country around". Because it will be an exhausting 4/8 years otherwise.
If the focus will be on what he does as POTUS and not what he did prior to then I think he will impress the nation as a whole during his presidency, but you and I both know that the major forces on the left is not going to allow us as a whole to focus on his proficiencies.
Have a good day at work. :yes:

Thank you, sir...

Last edited:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
During BHO's presidency, ALL of the mainstream media shielded him from criticism and rebuke. Nothing was ever his fault. Not the economy, not the negative effects of the affordable care act or his repeated lies leading up to its passage, Benghazi, or anything else, and whenever anyone spoke out about those things, they were called racists, and became targets of character assassinations.

Yup, and if anyone spoke out against him then they were labeled a racist.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You do see the irony here, right?

It must have been a horrible 8 years for you guys then.
It was a terrible eight years. I am glad that the tyrant is gone and we have someone with a proven record in office! At least if I speak out against President Trump I won't be called a racist, and obama's race had nothing to do with my dislike of him.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Didn't you state, "I respectfully bow out of this thread and discussion...."? :)

Man I tried lol. And then y'all say things like...

He has a quick temper, cannot deal with anyone questioning him legitimately.

As is Trump doesn't satisfy this perfectly. You HAD to know what you were doing when you typed that. You set me up lol. Up to that point you were being pretty objective.

Then y'all compare Trump to rappers!?

ItnStln511 said:
Yet you say nothing about rappers who say things much worse than President Trump said.

Kanye, Diddy, Jay Z or Eminem would never in a million years get my vote LOL.

Come on man lol. This is why I can't have these discussions. Although fun, too many contradictions, deflections and strawman arguments.

My man said "Someone with a proven record in office".

Ok Ok Ok...y'all win. I'm done LOL.

For real this time. Like really real.

:coffee:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As is Trump doesn't satisfy this perfectly. You HAD to know what you were doing when you typed that. You set me up lol. Up to that point you were being pretty objective.

I think the reason he pointed it out is because you're using the "grace" argument to combat his argument that Trump's attitude doesn't really factor in to why he wants him as president. I wouldn't go as far as to say Obama has a "quick temper" but it's easy to have grace when the press and other outlets don't have it out for you. But when he finally enters into a realm with a hard line of questioning he does tend to get a little hot under the collar. Like when Bill O'Reilly interviewed him a couple of years ago on Super Bowl Sunday. I know it's a cool thing to do to chastise anything that has to do with Fox News or its employees, but just because most of that outlet is conservative doesn't mean that their line of questioning and counterarguments should be deemed as biased and we should therefore dismiss them all while giving Obama the "grace" title.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason he pointed it out is because you're using the "grace" argument to combat his argument that Trump's attitude doesn't really factor in to why he wants him as president. I wouldn't go as far as to say Obama has a "quick temper" but it's easy to have grace when the press and other outlets don't have it out for you. But when he finally enters into a realm with a hard line of questioning he does tend to get a little hot under the collar. Like when Bill O'Reilly interviewed him a couple of years ago on Super Bowl Sunday. I know it's a cool thing to do to chastise anything that has to do with Fox News or its employees, but just because most of that outlet is conservative doesn't mean that their line of questioning and counterarguments should be deemed as biased and we should therefore dismiss them all while giving Obama the "grace" title.

:yes::yes:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Then y'all compare Trump to rappers!?

Kanye, Diddy, Jay Z or Eminem would never in a million years get my vote LOL.

Come on man lol. This is why I can't have these discussions. Although fun, too many contradictions, deflections and strawman arguments.

My man said "Someone with a proven record in office".

Ok Ok Ok...y'all win. I'm done LOL.

For real this time. Like really real.

:coffee:

I didn't compare Trump to rappers, I'd never do that. What I compared was what Trump allegedly said about females to what rappers say about females on a consistent basis. However, you chose to deflect like you liberals do. It's okay for rappers to constantly disgrace females, but a Republican running for president, hell no! For the record, Trump was a registered democrat when the alleged statement happened, so therefor it's okay to say according to the lefties. Also Trump does have a proven track record with businesses, like I said. You chose to lie and say that I said a proven record in office. What did obama have? Nothing, he was a first term senator and didn't really do anything noteworthy. I hope these next eight years are as miserable for you as the last eight were for me!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't compare Trump to rappers, I'd never do that. What I compared was what Trump allegedly said about females to what rappers say about females on a consistent basis. However, you chose to deflect like you liberals do. It's okay for rappers to constantly disgrace females, but a Republican running for president, hell no! For the record, Trump was a registered democrat when the alleged statement happened, so therefor it's okay to say according to the lefties. Also Trump does have a proven track record with businesses, like I said. You chose to lie and say that I said a proven record in office. What did obama have? Nothing, he was a first term senator and didn't really do anything noteworthy. I hope these next eight years are as miserable for you as the last eight were for me!

You've got a lot of hostility.

You win.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You've got a lot of hostility.

You win.
You're the hostile one, and you're the one who deflects everything. All I did was compare what Trump allegedly said to what all of the rappers say, but apparently that's too much for you to comprehend. I'll never understand the liberal mind.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll never understand the liberal mind.

That's because there's a difference between the conservative and liberal brain.

Science has known this for years.

It's actually an evolutionary tactic to balance mankind. You'd probably disagree, but it's wouldn't be a good thing if we ALL thought the same way.

Here are a couple of really good scientific papers on the discussion:

Here's What Science Says About the Brains of Democrats and Republicans:
https://braindecoder.com/post/politics-neuroscience-1282982492

Liberal Brains Are Different from Conservative Brains, but Dialogue Is Still Possible:
Liberal Brains Are Different from Conservative Brains, with Psychiatrist Gail Saltz | Big Think

Experts Say Liberal And Conservative Brains Are Wired Differently:
Experts Say Liberal And Conservative Brains Are Wired Differently | The Huffington Post

So, for example, if you see 'Huffington Post' in the third link and immediately have a negative reaction without actually reading the article, you're doing exactly what the studies say the conservative brain would.

Good reads for those interested in how we all do OR don't get along!

For the record.

I was born, raised and live in NYC. I live in Tokyo for a year, but other than that, I'e lived in NYC my entire life.

I am a registered Independent.

I've voted both sides of the block. For me it's about what best for my city.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

It's actually an evolutionary tactic to balance mankind. You'd probably disagree, but it's wouldn't be a good thing if we ALL thought the same way.

Liberal Brains Are Different from Conservative Brains, but Dialogue Is Still Possible:
Liberal Brains Are Different from Conservative Brains, with Psychiatrist Gail Saltz | Big Think

Experts Say Liberal And Conservative Brains Are Wired Differently | The Huffington Post

So, for example, if you see 'Huffington Post' in the third link and immediately have a negative reaction without actually reading the article, you're doing exactly what the studies say the conservative brain would.

For the record.

I was born, raised and live in NYC. I live in Tokyo for a year, but other than that, I'e lived in NYC my entire life.

Good reads.

These findings have led some to speculate that larger and more sensitive amygdalae in conservatives may cause them to be more driven by fear and emotional rewards.
-Brain Decoder

whereas liberals have a higher tolerance of ambiguity and complexity and greater openness,
-Huffington

That is...interesting.

I don't presume "conservatives" will like these studies very much though, for some reason.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Good reads.

-Brain Decoder

-Huffington

That is...interesting.

I don't presume "conservatives" will like these studies very much though, for some reason.

Well, the idea is that the conservative brain is less receptive to 'change'.

From an evolutionary slant, it may not be best to rush head long into any change without thought of the all potential consequences.

But from another evolutionary slant, the species that best adapts to change is most liely to persevere.

We need both. No doubt about it.

But the brains are very different, which is why you often(I actually pronounce this word "off-ten") hear those on either side say things like:

"I can't fathom how anyone can think this way!"

It's because they REALLY can't.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

From an evolutionary slant, it may not be best to rush head long into any change without thought of the all potential consequences.

But from another evolutionary slant, the species that best adapts to change is most liely to persevere.

We need both. No doubt about it.

But the brains are very different, which is why you often(I actually pronounce this word "off-ten") hear those on either side say things like:

"I can't fathom how anyone can think this way!"

It's because they REALLY can't.

Makes sense. I try to read from a different perspective sometimes but damn it's hard lol. Guess I too am a victim. Thanks for sharing.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

For the record.

Those sources don't look too reputable.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

I would argue that your statement that "the conservative brain is less receptive to change" is false. I am a hard core conservative, and I adapt easily to change. If you'd look at my background and career field you'd see that change is the only consistency.