Thoughts on the election result?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you implying that Trump never told a single lie during his campaign? That the "liberal media" consistently lied about everything they said about Trump? Come on. You guys can't be serious.

What bothers me is how blind people are to reality. You can like Trump. You can believe he is right for this country. You can support what he says. But don't pretend like he's a saint. Don't pretend like every negative thing spoken about him was some conspiracy by the liberal media establishment to discredit an amazing man. That is honestly what irritates me the most. The blind faith. The same people that will talk about how the media lies on Trump were probably the same ones questioning Obama's birthplace, claiming he was going to enact marshal law, saying hillary was going to take everyones guns, etc. You can't make up your own truth.

No evidence that I've seen. None!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Of course I am. Give me solid arguments on the contrary that prove that those groups aren't discrimaniatory towards any group of people who don't have dark colored skin. That's exactly why they exist. The "equality" argument is stale.

I can't believe this honestly. People of color can't even have groups that look out for and protect their equality without being accused of discrimination and racism??? Those are the very things these groups were formed to fight against lol. I can't believe we live in a country where the moment a marginalized group bands together to fight against oppression, their mission is diluted with outrageous accusations of racism and discrimination. Without a group like the NAACP I wouldn't be working where I work, allowed in the schools I've attended or befriended the people I've befriended.

BLM is a leaderless movement which explains their problems. They have no direct mission. The climate in which they are birthed is understood. Their mission was simply Black Lives Matter (Too). They've been marred by people using that name for the wrong reasons and acts. I don't support the BLM movement as a whole because I believe it needs to do more to contain itself. But I don't feel it is a hate group as a whole.

Wow. I'm honestly floored that people legitimately associate groups based on equality and inclusiveness to hate groups.

Someone has actually tried to convince me that the NAACP and KKK were one in the same. To know that belief exists is extremely troubling to me. That shows this country really has a long way to go in terms of empathy.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe this honestly. People of color can't even have groups that look out for and protect their equality without being accused of discrimination and racism??? Those are the very things these groups were formed to fight against lol.

Because as soon as a group of white people who feel opressed come out, people are quick to point them out as racists, too. See what I'm saying here?

Discloure: I am born and raised in Southern California and am not white.

Without a group like the NAACP I wouldn't be working where I work, allowed in the schools I've attended or befriended the people I've befriended.

No argument there. I wouldn't have many of the friends I have if it wasn't for the NAACP. However the NAACP of today as opposed to 50 years ago isn't the same.

BLM is a leaderless movement which explains their problems. They have no direct mission. The climate in which they are birthed is understood. Their mission was simply Black Lives Matter (Too). They've been marred by people using that name for the wrong reasons and acts. I don't support the BLM movement as a whole because I believe it needs to do more to contain itself. But I don't feel it is a hate group as a whole.

You're misconstruing what I have said. Being dicriminatory or even racist doesn't necessarily equate to being hateful. It more implies one group of people wanting more power over all others.

Someone has actually tried to convince me that the NAACP and KKK were one in the same.

Dude, really? See above reply.

Edit: Always remember that a sitting president or president elect can't just spend their time disavowing everything that comes their way. Imagine if Obama had to respond to each and every thing as people want Trump to do. Now each and everytime some Nazis or KKK members come out for Trump he's supposed to respond? He can't control that and that's quite unfair to ask him to get control over it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Because as soon as a group of white people who feel opressed come out, people are quick to point them out as racists, too. See what I'm saying here?

Do you have evidence or something to point to for this? For example...
Campus police investigating racist posters at Iowa State

This is a story of a group of white students who posted fliers around their campus. The fliers read, "In 1950, America was 90 percent white. It is now only 60 percent white. Will you become a minority in your own country?"

I would argue this IS racist. I haven't seen many stories of white people, feeling oppressed and had numbers to support this oppression. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm simply saying I would be interested in seeing the stories. If you tell me that white people are being discriminated against in the workplace and making less than their Hispanic co-workers then I will absolutely fight with you on that. But I don't see those stories. I see stories like the ones I posted. It's all about presentation.

Edit: Always remember that a sitting president or president elect can't just spend their time disavowing everything that comes their way. Imagine if Obama had to respond to each and every thing as people want Trump to do. Now each and everytime some Nazis or KKK members come out for Trump he's supposed to respond? He can't control that and that's quite unfair to ask him to get control over it.

This is interesting. People have been yelling that Obama needs to speak out against BLM for a LONG time.

Black Lives Matter needs some tough love from Obama | TheHill

Or people upset because Obama never disavowed Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Or the whole birther issue.

Or people blaming race relations on Obama.

See the trend here?

The biggest thing I look forward to this presidency are the double standards. I can't wait for rationals to be made about the same things Obama was taken to task for.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Dude, really? See above reply..

And I'm not saying you've compared the NAACP to the KKK. I'm saying I have had conversations with individuals who have. As well as comparing BLM to the KKK.

These are groups that were birthed out of feelings of oppression, rejection and lack of representation. People must understand WHY these groups form. Not simply disregard them because they are comprised of people of color for people of color. This is no different than NOW or the National Organization for Women. Would we call them sexist?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I see @Quis89 is still trying...

jWvOPj.gif

“Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.”

― Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've always felt this belief is pretty insulting. I've seen no sign of him having ever done that.
I have, unfortunately, and I can't understand why you feel it insulting, especially when it's not about you.
In fact, there is a large population of African Americans who feel he hasn't done ENOUGH for their community.
What does that have to do with it?
It's always seemed to me that Obama couldn't simply be a President. He had to be a black man who either used his color to his advantage, or didn't do enough for his "people".
BHO is the POTUS! There is no denying it. Period. I don't care what color he is. He's the President. If he was white and did exactly the things he has done, I would be saying the exact same things. I'm insulted that you think I give a crap about his skin color or the skin color of anybody elected POTUS.

I also don't like talk of "the founders". The "founders" never intended for a person that looks like Obama with the name Obama to ever become president of the united states. Thomas Jefferson, one of these "founders" you speak of, regarded Negroes as inferior, childlike, untrustworthy and, of course, as property.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that you can discern instances in life that have absolutely nothing to do with skin color. Centuries ago, blacks were slaves here in America. That's just how it was. In other parts of the world, other nationalities were slaves. That's just how it was and in some places, still is. Today, we have the same opportunities as others.
I'm sorry, it just really rubs me wrong when someone tries to justify things by telling me about how "The founders" wanted this country. The way of life when the "founding fathers" were building this country is completely different than the way of life now.
Yet, you're living a life as a FREE man, living in a country where you can get an education, make a living for yourself, pursue your dreams, own property, travel, and exercise your free speech. Heck, you can even vote and date outside your own race. Need I say more?
Who determines what is or isn't American? It always feels like the people who want things to stay "American" are simply against change and inclusiveness.
Have you ever travelled abroad? If you have then it should be crystal clear how different life is outside of the U.S. People will look at you and instantly recognize that you are an American. Ask them how they came to that conclusion. You'll be surprised by what they tell you.

And personally...I've heard no hurtful rhetoric spoken from the losing side. Unless we consider the "Basket of deplorables" remark hurtful. In which case, I point you to the Alt-Right rally held in Washington recently. Alt-right leader: 'Hail Trump! Hail our people! Hail victory!' - CNNPolitics.com
Have you not heard the things being spoken by the activists and their followers at all the protests being reported on around the country? They are from the "losing side".

All trump supporters certainly aren't deplorable. But Trump has definitely given people who I would classify as "deplorable" a platform to stand on.
Do you support the Occupy Wall Street crowd and their antics? How about the current crop of people protesting President-elect Trump, especially those who are calling for his assassination?
And he has time to cry about the Hamilton cast's respectful request but only disavows the Alt-Right movement after being pressured to do so.
To be quite honest, he couldn't care less about the alleged "alt-right" movement, especially when it's the "alt-left" movement doing all of the protesting. Listen, I don't care who you voted for or didn't vote for. That's your business, and I respect it. Every elected President has had people who didn't vote for him. That's just how it is. What bothers me is how people who claim to despise people who judge based on race end up being the very people who routinely judge based on race, especially when 99% of the complaints regarding BHO have absolutely nothing to do with his race/color. I'm black and have been my entire life, and therefore, my criticism of BHO is not race-based. I can see outside of one's skin color. I'm an American, I'm free, I'm educated, and I tell it like it is, but that's Just Me, D....

Last edited:

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you implying that Trump never told a single lie during his campaign? That the "liberal media" consistently lied about everything they said about Trump? Come on. You guys can't be serious.

What bothers me is how blind people are to reality. You can like Trump. You can believe he is right for this country. You can support what he says. But don't pretend like he's a saint. Don't pretend like every negative thing spoken about him was some conspiracy by the liberal media establishment to discredit an amazing man. That is honestly what irritates me the most. The blind faith. The same people that will talk about how the media lies on Trump were probably the same ones questioning Obama's birthplace, claiming he was going to enact marshal law, saying hillary was going to take everyones guns, etc. You can't make up your own truth.

Sure you can. Why do you think the MSM was is such shock the night of Nov 8th. No one claims Trump is a saint. Just less of a runny turd than those currently calling the shots in Washington. You cant hide from a simple fact, Trump won 31 states and that alone says that the people are sick and tired of the way our elected officials do their job.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is a story of a group of white students who posted fliers around their campus. The fliers read, "In 1950, America was 90 percent white. It is now only 60 percent white. Will you become a minority in your own country?"

We have absolutely no idea who posted those. From the link you posted:
“If this was a local group or individual, we would like to know what exactly their purpose is,” said Carrie Jacobs, ISU deputy chief of police.

This is interesting. People have been yelling that Obama needs to speak out against BLM for a LONG time.

Black Lives Matter needs some tough love from Obama | TheHill

Or people upset because Obama never disavowed Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Or the whole birther issue.

Or people blaming race relations on Obama.

See the trend here?

The biggest thing I look forward to this presidency are the double standards. I can't wait for rationals to be made about the same things Obama was taken to task for.

You just furthered my point.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that you can discern instances in life that have absolutely nothing to do with skin color. Centuries ago, blacks were slaves here in America. That's just how it was. In other parts of the world, other nationalities were slaves. That's just how it was and in some places, still is. Today, we have the same opportunities as others.

There are many people that want to revisit history whenever it benefits them in order to further their point. Like when your wife asks if you thought the waitress at that restaraunt you sat at 16 years ago was pretty because she feels you haven't paid attention to her for a few days. It just never ends.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
When Bush became president in 2000, we quickly understood that Cheney was actually running things.
This time, Putin is going to be.
Also I foresee a new increase in sexual assaults against women and murders of minorities including LGBT.
And we'll be headed to another economic crash in no time at all.
Apparently Americans are totally cool with inexperience, xenophobia, racism, misogyny and bigotry, hey at least it's not as evil as edukashion.
This is so much scarier and more embarrassing than 2000 and 2004:
because this time, we know exactly what to expect.

LOL!!!!!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am ready for him to get rid of Obamacare. It is a worthless, overpriced piece of junk. Obama tries to defend it by saying that healthcare costs are down, but he doesn't mention premiums, which are skyrocketing.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Apparently Americans are totally cool with inexperience, xenophobia, racism, misogyny and bigotry, hey at least it's not as evil as edukashion.

None of which has been proven...but then I guess you'd rather have a murderer and a liar as president!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not an American but if i were in your soil i would vote Mr.Trump for sure, He is an Hero in my opinion who can save America after many issues specially in insurance , wage , Job and Refugees/illegal immigrants, Trump is a gift you should give him a chance to raise your country again,

Clinton should be in jail because of many corruptions specially outside of the USA, you need a president for inside of your country not a comic hero for saving the world.

By the way I'm from..., Nah drop it.

I agree, Trump can save America and undo the bull**** that obama did in eight years!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods