Thoughts on the election result?

jarnold96

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I think America let themselves down by electing a man who condones racism, fascism, and bigotry. This is a giant step backwards for America and I hope that country can find away to come together and pull through from this.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have never liked Donald Trump but I stand behind him while he is our President. I see a lot of fear mongering coming from the left right now. The same thing they were accusing his campaign of. It's pretty ironic. We aren't going to have segregation, Vladimir Putin isn't going to run our country, there isn't going to be an "increase in sexual assaults against women", and the right to have an abortion isn't going away.

I actually voted for Hillary. But her message was really lost on me. The "stronger together" thing just never had any substance to it. Felt more like "It's my turn, vote me in". At least he had a clear message and wasn't afraid to put himself out there. Whenever polls indicated that she was well ahead, she would hide. She wouldn't do interviews. She could have easily finished him but she decided to go the route of politics as usual. Not one sit down interview since July 31st???

You failed to mention the banning of an entire religion, the deportation of 11 million people, the gutting of environmental regulations. The rollback of gay marriage? Am I just fear mongering? These are the things he ran on.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I think America let themselves down by electing a man who condones racism, fascism, and bigotry. This is a giant step backwards for America and I hope that country can find away to come together and pull through from this.

I keep hearing the same rhetoric, he is racist. Show me. He invested millions into the black/minority community way before he decided to run for President. When the left have their backs against a corner, they pull the race card. There is much evidence with him involved in the minority community. He hires people of all races and gender identities. Do some research on it and don't let MSM tell you what you should think

BTW, deporting illegals is not racism. It's enforcing the law! #LatinosForTrump

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Proof he condones racism and bigotry??

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You failed to mention the banning of an entire religion, the deportation of 11 million people, the gutting of environmental regulations. The rollback of gay marriage? Am I just fear mongering? These are the things he ran on.

Nobody is going to "ban an entire religion" or deport 11 million people. Saying those things as he's running isn't the same as it actually being acted upon. Why can't people understand that he was on a campaign? He instantly became a politician once he announced his candidacy. We're smart enough in this country to know that politicians don't really come through on their promises. I'm in the camp that believes that even if he wanted to, he won't be able to accomplish those things. He for sure has his first two years to try to considering the Republicans are in control of the House and Senate. But I don't think it'll happen. Except repealing Obamacare which I can't wait for to happen. It's an absolute failure.

People are just going to have to deal with him as President. And it is TREASONOUS to root for the failure of a President. I didn't vote for him but there is no way I will root against him. Give the man a chance no matter how you feel about him personally. The odometer should start at zero on January 20th. Start judging him objectively starting then. If you think the country is in bad shape in 2 years, complain then.

Altergeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site

THIS I very much agree with. Like Brexit over here it sure felt like to a lot of people it was a big FU to elements of the establishment. I didn't get to see your coverage in the US, but in the UK Trump's coverage was near universally negative, and if it was the same over in the US then it is quite remarkable that many people rejected the establishment media.

Altergeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
When Bush became president in 2000, we quickly understood that Cheney was actually running things.
This time, Putin is going to be.
Also I foresee a new increase in sexual assaults against women and murders of minorities including LGBT.
And we'll be headed to another economic crash in no time at all.
Apparently Americans are totally cool with inexperience, xenophobia, racism, misogyny and bigotry, hey at least it's not as evil as edukashion.
This is so much scarier and more embarrassing than 2000 and 2004:
because this time, we know exactly what to expect.

I'm not sure I share you concerns about Putin, I think a lot of that is media concocted echo chamber stuff. I don't like the guy, but the idea that he's trying to run western politics and take over the world just doesn't really stand up to scrutiny IMHO. It's like all the 'Russian hacks' stuff around Clinton and the DNC - upon inspection there is nothing close to solid evidence, and nothing approaching a strong statement to the effect from any of the 17 intelligence agencies Clinton claimed had verified it. So she was at best exaggerating and deflecting, if not outright lying about it. Indeed, I think lowering tensions with Russia would be smart. Not because we should let them push us around, but because nobody wins a nuclear war.

I do share some of your concerns about racial, sexual tolerance though, I certainly fear that a President saying things such as he does has the potential to set social progress back in some ways and potentially open the gate to violence committed on ethno-religious or sexual grounds. Let's hope that doesn't happen, I certainly don't think a vast majority of Trump voters would be so inclined.

As for an economic crash, I'm not smart enough to know how and when such a thing might happen, except to say I am absolutely convinced there will be another one in the next few years regardless.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Those things existed before he was elected and they will exist after he's out of office. Telling people that we should not allow people from other countries who are murderers, rapists, and have no intention of assimilating into our culture is not an evil act. It's actually common sense. It's hypocritical of people who opposes the building of a wall around our borders, but overwhelmingly condone building a wall around their home and/or neighborhood. The purpose is the same. Anyway, I respect your opinion, nonetheless, but I respectfully disagree....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If HRC had won, and then those who supported Trump started protesting, and bringing up Benghazi, the email scandals, the threats, etc., and then the press started a coordinated effort to print activist type news stories less than 24 hours after calling for unity and acceptance, I wonder what HRC supporters would be saying? My guess would be something like, "Get over it. We won"....

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading stories of how people don't know what to do now that the election is over. What kind of crap is that? Life doesn't end because an election is over. If you have a job, go to work. If you are in school, go to class. Life continues and, on many occasions, not in the manner we'd prefer. My gosh! Have we become a nation of dependents? Have we become a nation of people who must be led by the hand? Have we become a nation of people incapable of adjusting to change or adversity? If so, then no wonder certain people are afraid. #smh

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
In my city and other cities in the south since his election are starting to see race crimes more than ever(especially against muslims). I expect him to have multiple assassination attempts but I'm over it, maybe now something can get done in America.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my city and other cities in the south since his election are starting to see race crimes more than ever(especially against muslims). I expect him to have multiple assassination attempts but I'm over it, maybe now something can get done in America.

Are you saying that in a little over 24 hours, crimes against Muslims have risen to the "more than ever" level?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Are you saying that in a little over 24 hours, crimes against Muslims have risen to the "more than ever" level?

To the point where my old and current universities have issued emails for the safety of those students all I can do is assume so. BUT it is the south so not much surprise.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To the point where my old and current universities have issued emails for the safety of those students all I can do is assume so. BUT it is the south so not much surprise.

Issuing emails for the safety of those students is not an acknowledgment of any crimes. In fact, it can be viewed as a call to harm them for the purpose of furthering a narrative. For some people, especially activists, nothing is off limits or out of bounds. Anyway, I hope things remain civil in your area.

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
When Bush became president in 2000, we quickly understood that Cheney was actually running things.
This time, Putin is going to be.
Also I foresee a new increase in sexual assaults against women and murders of minorities including LGBT.
And we'll be headed to another economic crash in no time at all.
Apparently Americans are totally cool with inexperience, xenophobia, racism, misogyny and bigotry, hey at least it's not as evil as edukashion.
This is so much scarier and more embarrassing than 2000 and 2004:
because this time, we know exactly what to expect.

I have to agree 100% with Evilguppy here. Also, (as a double minority) not only am I terrified of the repercussions of a Trump presidency... I am equally terrified by the fact that Pence is now the VP. What a horrid individual. Another topic that many seem to ignore is the effect Trump will potentially have on the environment. I fear for our planet. Furthermore, this man has no experience with government affairs. Just because you are rich AF and know how to run a business, does not mean you have the knowledge to run a country. These are sad times for the US. I am truly embarrassed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit