Thoughts on the election result?

Altergeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello, English chap here, wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Trump's election?

The way I see it, I have a lot of concerns about him with regards to race, immigration and abortion, but then again I was extremely worried about Hillary's desire to escalate tensions with Russia. So it of a mixed bag from our perspective over here.

What are your thoughts?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
When Bush became president in 2000, we quickly understood that Cheney was actually running things.
This time, Putin is going to be.
Also I foresee a new increase in sexual assaults against women and murders of minorities including LGBT.
And we'll be headed to another economic crash in no time at all.
Apparently Americans are totally cool with inexperience, xenophobia, racism, misogyny and bigotry, hey at least it's not as evil as edukashion.
This is so much scarier and more embarrassing than 2000 and 2004:
because this time, we know exactly what to expect.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any concerns regarding a Donald Trump presidency. He's not going to stir up racism. That has been stirred up tremendously the last 8 years by numerous factions, including the media. Immigration is an issue that all nations have to deal with for the overall safety of its citizens. Some leaders do what is necessary within the laws whereas others ignore the law and not do anything about it. Abortion? What can a President do in regard to abortion. That's a State matter. Anyway, throughout my life, I've heard people voicing these same concerns with various candidates turned Presidents and they always turn out to be a nonissue. It will be the same with President Trump, in my opinion. Besides, I respect people who are open and honest in comparison to those who simply tell you what you want to hear and lie with ease straight to your face, but that's Just Me, D...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have never liked Donald Trump but I stand behind him while he is our President. I see a lot of fear mongering coming from the left right now. The same thing they were accusing his campaign of. It's pretty ironic. We aren't going to have segregation, Vladimir Putin isn't going to run our country, there isn't going to be an "increase in sexual assaults against women", and the right to have an abortion isn't going away.

I actually voted for Hillary. But her message was really lost on me. The "stronger together" thing just never had any substance to it. Felt more like "It's my turn, vote me in". At least he had a clear message and wasn't afraid to put himself out there. Whenever polls indicated that she was well ahead, she would hide. She wouldn't do interviews. She could have easily finished him but she decided to go the route of politics as usual. Not one sit down interview since July 31st???

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I think a lot of folks are going to be experiencing the same feelings I had in 2004 when they dismissed me as a paranoid conspiracy theorist. I'm calm, detached, and not overly surprised. My boy and I discussed this before he deployed and he went into it with his eyes open. I am proud of him. History happens, and these are the events we get to witness because this is the time we happened to be born. Life goes on. Please be kind to each other.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
As a democrat, I am disappointed. But it is what it is. It is the nature of politics in this country. We go left for a few years until it goes too far, and then we go right for awhile until it goes too far. Rinse and repeat. I do wish we would have had better candidates on both sides to choose from, but like I said, it is what it is.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't vote Trump. I'm still not sure he's the answer. But I will say what he did was extraordinary. He literally defied all odds. He demolished Hillary. It wasn't even funny. There is something to be said about what he was able to do. He won states that hadn't went Republican in decades. I don't know if that speaks more to his achievement or the governments failure. Either way...there is something to be said there.

As far as this country is concerned...it's troubling that he won. His campaign hasn't been the cleanest. Some of his supporters haven't been the nicest. The climate in which he won is kind of troublesome. But all I can do is hope that all of us who were critical and skeptical of him are wrong. I hope that what his supporters see in him translates into something positive for the whole country. I hope tensions lower.

Only time will tell.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm not an American but if i were in your soil i would vote Mr.Trump for sure, He is an Hero in my opinion who can save America after many issues specially in insurance , wage , Job and Refugees/illegal immigrants, Trump is a gift you should give him a chance to raise your country again,

Clinton should be in jail because of many corruptions specially outside of the USA, you need a president for inside of your country not a comic hero for saving the world.

By the way I'm from..., Nah drop it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't vote Trump. I'm still not sure he's the answer. But I will say what he did was extraordinary. He literally defied all odds. He demolished Hillary. It wasn't even funny. There is something to be said about what he was able to do. He won states that hadn't went Republican in decades. I don't know if that speaks more to his achievement or the governments failure. Either way...there is something to be said there.

As far as this country is concerned...it's troubling that he won. His campaign hasn't been the cleanest. Some of his supporters haven't been the nicest. The climate in which he won is kind of troublesome. But all I can do is hope that all of us who were critical and skeptical of him are wrong. I hope that what his supporters see in him translates into something positive for the whole country. I hope tensions lower.

Only time will tell.

You are forgetting that "we the people" voted him into office. "We the People" heard from everyone pursing the 2016 presidential election, especially from Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton. Furthermore, "we the people" were inundated with positive and negative ads from both sides, unflattering accusations and outright scandals, and in the end, "we the people", after considering what both candidates had to say for the past 2 years, chose Mr. Trump. He didn't elect himself. "We the people" elected him...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You are forgetting that "we the people" voted him into office. "We the People" heard from everyone pursing the 2016 presidential election, especially from Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton. Furthermore, "we the people" were inundated with positive and negative ads from both sides, unflattering accusations and outright scandals, and in the end, "we the people", after considering what both candidates had to say for the past 2 years, chose Mr. Trump. He didn't elect himself. "We the people" elected him...

Nah...I didn't lol.

What you're saying is nice and per the constitution true...but....that's not true at all lol. "We the people" didn't elect Donald Trump. Just like "We the people" didn't elect Obama. Nor did "We the people" elect Bush. Their supporters did. And their supporters outnumbered the opposition. "We the people" simply live under the conditions that the president elect creates. Some people really dislike ObamaCare and would prefer it never existed...but they have to live with it. Despite not voting for him.

You can absolutely say that Donald Trump is OUR president. Because he is. Or will be in January. But to say that "we the people" elected him isn't true once you get past the constitution, in my opinion. Again...I understand what you're saying. I just don't and have never agreed with it. This country wasn't founded on "we the people". Had it have been....certain conditions would have never came to fruition.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I will NEVER support a man who makes sport of sexually victimizing women, a nazi, a thief, a swindler, a hateful bigot, never. I have survived way too much to meekly accept this revolting excuse for a man as president.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I will NEVER support a man who makes sport of sexually victimizing women, a nazi, a thief, a swindler, a hateful bigot, never. I have survived way too much to meekly accept this revolting excuse for a man as president.

Are you a fan of B. Clinton?....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You bought into those lies? Wow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox