Apple Watch Series 6 deals at Amazon: Starting at $320!

  1. afl2277's Avatar
    I find myself thinking about what a smartphone is capable of, and at the varied usage they get. For instance, my best mate only texts and calls. My sister-in-law texts, calls and takes family photos. My neice's device is permanently connected to Facebook. Twenty somethings in my life have their phones surgically attached to their hands, having every single notification from every social media site and every message service imaginable sending bleeps and rings. Travellers rely on theirs for train/flight times etc. Banking and finance seem usual activities. Someone actually wrote a novel on smartphone a few years ago. And many run businesses with just their smartphone.

    I'm not just a texter, but I'm hardly a 'power user'. Maybe that's because I'm not out much (health issues) so do most on my iPad. But I text, Twitter when the iPad is charging, weather, iMessage, email from one personal account, photos, and the calendar and reminder app run my very forgetful life.

    I thought it might make an interesting thread to do you use your's?

    Are you a power user with your iPhone, or do you just check the phone a few times a day?
    Last edited by afl2277; 03-06-2016 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Re-arranging text.
    03-06-2016 05:08 AM
  2. libra89's Avatar
    I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I make calls (more like receive them, lol), text, email (via Outlook, I don't use the mail app), read ebooks (I do this a lot on a regular basis), read blogs via Feedly, use social media apps (Twitter, Plurk, GroupMe), weather, clock for alarms, and forum apps. Those are more of daily things for me, but Feedly comes and goes.

    Occasionally, I use the calculator app when needed, take pictures, open Youtube and Hoopla for music to play (I also have Spotify but the free mobile version is annoying, so I just don't use it), and also the Bible app.

    It depends on the day for me for how often I pick up and use my phone. I'm probably more of a casual user.
    afl2277 likes this.
    03-13-2016 11:48 PM
  3. afl2277's Avatar
    I often wonder what people are doing when they walk, head down, absorbed by their phone. I'm afraid I'm too nosey looking round at my surroundings and people watching.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-14-2016 01:51 PM
  4. Gabriel DaSilva's Avatar
    I use my 6S for everything you all said. I love my iPhone.
    afl2277 likes this.
    03-28-2016 10:49 PM
  5. Damien_Eternal's Avatar
    Im not as heavy of a user as some, but I would probably say power user. I have the thing highly customized. I text, iMessage, check mail including my work email, check facebook when not on my desktop or laptop. I use it as my alarm clock, and timer, and as a reminder at times. I use it to view webpages and google search when I am out on the road doing service calls along with being the GPS that gets me to those places. IT gets a fair amount of use in the course of my job, which is one of the reasons I went with the Plus model.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-13-2016 11:29 PM
  6. thecaptainjoe's Avatar
    Data, music, messaging, & phone calls in that order. I rack up data usage from web browsing, research and such. I stream the hell out of Spotify and I send messages. But I definitely mostly use every feature my iPhone has.
    05-01-2016 12:39 AM
  7. sweeperdk's Avatar
    Honestly, my iPhone has replaced about 95% of what i used my laptop for. The remaining 5% are pure content creation.

    So texting, e-mail, social media, surfing, photos and video is mainly handled by my iPhone now. Occationally it will be my iPad instead and rarely my laptop.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-25-2016 07:26 PM

Similar Threads

  1. What are your favorite apps?
    By jamielampert in forum iPhone 6s Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 12:39 PM
  2. How to cancel the old Apple ID for ITunes & AppStores
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 07:45 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 05:48 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 09:14 PM
  5. Why did my photo stream disappear and how do I find it?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 08:45 PM