Your Rating of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'

How would you rate 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' on a scale of 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 5 18.5%

Votes: 9 33.3%

Votes: 9 33.3%

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For those that have seen the movie (I still have not seen it - ugh)... How would you rate 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' on a scale of 1-10?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
**Spoilers**
Its not the same as the older trilogies. They had an authentic feel to them and in this movie they've changed everything... That's what happens when you let Disney write the script. Han's death did not make any sense to me. It felt like a weak attempt to kill off a character. Plus, during the final battle, the ground just split in between them, as she was going to finish him off just so the antagonist wouldn't die.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
8/10. It was a good reboot, much along the lines of the original trilogy. It did play a lot on the strings of nostalgia but I think that was needed. Here's to hoping the sequels walk their own path though.

Will.Schafer

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Solid 9. No spoilers here, but I was nine when it first came out. Loved every minute of this movie. Still in disbelief that *** is gone.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Acting is a solid 10, almost everyone was fantastic.
Cinematography and effects 10, it was pretty much a perfect mix of practical and CG effects.
Story was an 8, relied a bit too much on the old trilogy at times and had a bit more filler than I'd like.

I honestly really enjoyed it, I'd probably rate it on par with RotJ.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely loved it! Best movie of the year for me. The acting was incredible; both Daisy and John knocked it out of the park.

My nostalgia was pretty high and there were some great throwbacks from the original three movies too.

I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but there were a couple of set pieces that make my nerdgasm peak.

As mike said above, acting 10, cinematography and effects 10, story 8. I'll give it a high 9.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
11. Seriously. Loved every bit of it. Saw it in 3D. Such an amazing experience. Brought me back to when I was 9 seeing ROTJ in the theater.

Qdiddy09

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I give it a 9, I seen it in glorious 3D IMAX and it was great. The only real reason I don't give it a 10 is that as a person who seen and knows the original (Episode IV) and now this one it had that feeling of being more of a modern update to the original then a completely new episode. That's not totally a bad thing as I felt it did a great job at preserving tradition while pushing the series forward.

All in all a great movie, and for today's young generation this has the potential to be their New Hope as they move forward in the storyline

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely loved it, although there were a couple of things that bothered me about it. Things that either didn't make sense due to what happened in Episodes IV-VI or things that shouldn't have happened because of Episodes IV-VI. I think it was the right mix of nostalgia, intrigue, and question marks as to why this has now taken place 30 years after ROTJ. I left the theater with the feeling that the next year and a half is going to be a REALLY long time.

Jeff Sepeta

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Liked the movie but it seemed to follow a formula; will have to see it again. Maybe it was "Remake the old movie, but the hero is a girl and add a black guy". Troubled by this I am.

Leave it to Disney to develop a strong female character, only for her to end up as a princess needing to be rescued. Why did no one shoot Kylo Ren? They watched it happen.

Thoroughly enjoyed the characters, and actors, except for Adam. Are all Star Wars bad guys whiny? And Kylo couldn't have grown up knowing his Grampa, so why the attachment?

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I thought the sequels all used too much CGI in scenes which otherwise would be more impressive if they hadn't. Does the new movie feel more like the old ones in this respect? (whilst obviously being a more modern film)

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
New villain wasn't bad, but didn't capture that menacing tone that Darth Vader had.

The aerial fight scenes were amazing, especially in 3D. Pretty good mix of nostalgia and new elements.

Overall I'd call it a success and rate it a B/B+.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd give it a solid 8. I did not enjoy it as much as the OT but I definitely thought it was good enough to be counted among them. I think that if it delivers on some of the plot points that it set up, I will look upon it much more fondly down the road.

Slight spoiler - I was surprised and delighted by how substantial Harrison Ford's role in this movie was. To me, he made the movie.

Also Max von Sydow cameo in the beginning was delightful.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought the sequels all used too much CGI in scenes which otherwise would be more impressive if they hadn't. Does the new movie feel more like the old ones in this respect? (whilst obviously being a more modern film)

The practical effects substantially improved the look of the movie. It is much closer in tone and feeling to the OT then it is to the PT. Obviously it is a bit more modern because it was shot in 2014-2015 and not 1976-1977 but they definitely tried to grab the sort of dingy-tossed together look of the Alliance and the clean, fascist look of the Empire.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I finally got around to seeing the movie..... and I will buck the opinion of my friends and give the movie a "meh+".

It just didn't move me like I was expecting. I had to suppress an tremendous urge to yell "It's a trap!" during the rebel war room scene after spotting fish head Admiral Ackbar.

Basically.... the plot seemed deja vuish to me. Why do the bad guys keep trying to build a death star only to have the rebels blow it up every time?

Almost everything seemed to be a rehash of what we have seen before in prior films.

Speaking for myself.... I think I enjoy the Star Trek reboots with Chris Pine more.

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Also Max von Sydow cameo in the beginning was delightful.

I was just thinking how great it was that Peter Cushing & Alec Guiness were in the very first film. Excellent to hear this has Max von Sydow. Ming's alive!

screaminggoat_s

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I had to give it a 9, it was pretty fantastic tbh... Wasn't a big fan of the cantina scene though, didn't have the same dangerous feel as the original.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73