What drives you absolutely crazy?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
So now that I've started working in a call center...

I cannot stand talking on the phone. It drives me absolutely crazy.

Just hearing a voice in my ear through any headset is enough to make me feel like office spacing the device I'm using!

So how about you?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
The squealing noise in the engine compartment of my car!
I have taken this now to the mechanic three times and no luck and at this time I am now tired of spending money on it to fix it.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
My tenants' friends.. They have absolutely NO consideration for their surroundings and other people.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
While we are on the topic of talking on the phone what I can't stand is people who take or make cell phone calls on public transit or in other confined public spaces such as a restaurant. Now if an emergency comes up and you must take a QUICK 2 minute call to get the deets, I'm ok with that, but I'm talking about those LOUD LONG conversations that just make you (or me in this case) want to go up to the person and break their phone in 2 pieces! (And NO I don't ever do it!) I drown them out by putting on my headphones and listening to Apple Music or Amazon Music!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
While we are on the topic of talking on the phone what I can't stand is people who take or make cell phone calls on public transit or in other confined public spaces such as a restaurant. Now if an emergency comes up and you must take a QUICK 2 minute call to get the deets, I'm ok with that, but I'm talking about those LOUD LONG conversations that just make you (or me in this case) want to go up to the person and break their phone in 2 pieces! (And NO I don't ever do it!) I drown them out by putting on my headphones and listening to Apple Music or Amazon Music!

I would drown them out by turning up the volume and playing Queensr?che. :p

CaffeineBomb

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Tinnitus in a quiet room. Been getting it on & off for the last year or so after an ear infection and it drives me up the wall it's so distracting.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So now that I've started working in a call center...

I cannot stand talking on the phone. It drives me absolutely crazy.

Just hearing a voice in my ear through any headset is enough to make me feel like office spacing the device I'm using!

So how about you?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 

I've worked in several call centers and what drives me crazy is the call center mentality. The mentality that there are two different sets of employees with two completely different sets of rules. One set works on the phone, where every second is accounted for. Go over on your break by a few seconds or over the average call time by a few seconds? That's a write up. The other set, the people that don't work on the phones, can do whatever the **** they want whenever the **** they want, for however long the **** they want. Case in point. I worked for Hilton in Tampa. It was a fun enough job, I enjoy talking to people and helping them out. But I got sick of Tampa and we decided to leave. I had to come turn in my badge. Our supervisor said she would be there waiting on us at her desk. After an HOUR of waiting on this *****, I walked around the center and this ***** is in the lounge watching tv. FOR AN HOUR. Feet kicked up on the desk and everything. I threw my badge at her and said that's the ******* reason I'm quitting. So yeah, no more call centers for me.