The Confederate Battle Flag...

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Why is it okay to bring up the historical racial injustices to make a point but not okay to show that not all of those hardships were racially based?

Give us an example of a historical racial injustice that was not racially based. I can tell you for a fact that baseball prior to Jackie Robinson isn't one of them.

One will do, or more if you have.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Give us an example of a historical racial injustice that was not racially based. I can tell you for a fact that baseball prior to Jackie Robinson isn't one of them.

I stated that not all of those 'hardships' were racially based. Blacks have killed other blacks historically for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with racial inequality and the results of those killings caused a good deal of hardship for the perpetrator, his family, as well as the family of the victim. The same applies to other black on black criminal activity that occurred back then.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think if you get offended so easily, you need to rethink your own standing.

Be proud of who, what, where you are. Let others worry about themselves.

Live and let live.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think if you get offended so easily, you need to rethink your own standing.

Be proud of who, what, where you are. Let others worry about themselves.

Live and let live.

There is a difference between objecting to something and being offended by something.

Or are they the same to you?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
There is a difference between objecting to something and being offended by something.

Or are they the same to you?

Objecting is fine, it's when you're out to take it from others because you don't agree, that's when I think it becomes on the offensive line.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

How can you have "racial injustice" that is not "racially based". If the injustice is racial, it is, by definition, racially based. The entire premise of this question makes no sense.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How can you have "racial injustice" that is not "racially based". If the injustice is racial, it is, by definition, racially based. The entire premise of this question makes no sense.

"Why is it okay to bring up the historical racial injustices to make a point but not okay to show that not all of those hardships were racially based? "

Maybe I misread this statement? If so, sorry.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"Why is it okay to bring up the historical racial injustices to make a point but not okay to show that not all of those hardships were racially based? "

Maybe I misread this statement? If so, sorry.

No. You did not misread it. I should have explained myself better. What I should have written and was trying to convey was this:

Why is it okay to bring up the historical racial injustices to make a point, but not okay to show that not all of their hardships were racially based?

That was my fault! Sorry about that...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I know you're not surprised at this. I'm not. Furthermore, I suspect there to be a renewed effort to rid the Redskins of their logo.

With the federal judge ordering the USPTO to cancel the the Redskins trademark registration, that effort is now in full swing. The first step is to cancel the trademark registration. The next thing to happen is knock-off and counterfeit merchandise will flood the market and the Redskins will be unable to stop it. They will loose millions in merchandise and logo sales, and will eventually have no other options but to change the nickname and logo.

Following that, we will see the Indians, the Braves, the Chiefs, the Blackhawks and every other similar team lined up in the cross-hairs for this same type of shakedown.

As I have already said several times, the political correctness is out of control.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the federal judge ordering the USPTO to cancel the the Redskins trademark registration, that effort is now in full swing. The first step is to cancel the trademark registration. The next thing to happen is knock-off and counterfeit merchandise will flood the market and the Redskins will be unable to stop it. They will loose millions in merchandise and logo sales, and will eventually have no other options but to change the nickname and logo.

Following that, we will see the Indians, the Braves, the Chiefs, the Blackhawks and every other similar team lined up in the cross-hairs for this same type of shakedown.

As I have already said several times, the political correctness is out of control.

Yep, but sadly, too many people are blind to the ploy. They think it's a good thing instead of what it really is - censorship.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
And when native Americans are asked about the Redskins name, they say it doesn't bother them. So who's it offending? Political Correctness gone wild!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
And when native Americans are asked about the Redskins name, they say it doesn't bother them. So who's it offending? Political Correctness gone wild!

Our society has become a bunch of crying babies. We need to stop looking for reasons to be offended and grow up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The confederate battle flag was a pandoras box...and now that it has been opened in the nature that it was, it's NEVER going to close. We'll find symbol after symbol, place after place, historic fact after historic fact that will offend someone, somewhere for something...and eventually, we'll live in a place with no symbols, no history and no emotional depth at all...a stale and clinical world where people are afraid of voicing their opinions out of fear of being persecuted for it...not only from the government, but by their peers.

Hell in a hand basket. What a shame.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The confederate battle flag was a pandoras box...and now that it has been opened in the nature that it was, it's NEVER going to close. We'll find symbol after symbol, place after place, historic fact after historic fact that will offend someone, somewhere for something...and eventually, we'll live in a place with no symbols, no history and no emotional depth at all...a stale and clinical world where people are afraid of voicing their opinions out of fear of being persecuted for it...not only from the government, but by their peers.

Hell in a hand basket. What a shame.

That is bleak. Hope you're wrong.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It's a sad world when everyone feels the need to be a freedom fighter for the cause they feel they are destined to fight. It's also rather ironic that kings and the like followed the same ordained paths in the past. One thing will lead to another and pretty soon it will be the dark ages all over again. Mark my words!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal