Microsoft Press Conference at E3!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow! So far, 5min. into the Microsoft press conference...

- Xbox One backwards compatibility with 360 games.
- Xbox One elite customizable controller
- Tons of teasers for the big Xbox exclusive games (Halo, Gears, Forza)
- ReCore! This game looks INSANELY good!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
E3 is won by Microsoft, but the money will be going to PS4 because of the COD exclusive. I have both consoles, but recently got the ps4 and in all honesty, I've enjoyed it more because of the speed.

I don't like Minecraft, but that presentation with Hololens was the gateway for other games to use it and take advantage.

I also like the cross-platform gaming I saw between pc and console.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
E3 is won by Microsoft, but the money will be going to PS4 because of the COD exclusive. I have both consoles, but recently got the ps4 and in all honesty, I've enjoyed it more because of the speed.

I don't like Minecraft, but that presentation with Hololens was the gateway for other games to use it and take advantage.

Xbox trash nobody cares lol

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

COD: Black Ops 3 isn't an exclusive to PS4...neither are any of the DLC's. The only exclusive deal the PS4 got was the Beta (whoopty doo, a half built game beta that only stays open for a week)...and early access to the first DLC map packs.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Xbox 360 backwards compatibility just steered my ship towards the Xbox One in a hurry.

Keep in mind that it isn't going to be added until the new UI comes out this fall...I'm hearing October. Right now you have to be selected in the beta test mode, and I know I've tried like 10 times and didn't get into it, nor did anyone I personally know in my friends list.

Apparently the backwards compatibility is an app you have to download when it's released (similar to the blu-ray player app).

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have to say Xbox was winning until Sony announced FF7 remake. After that everything announced became irrelevant for me.

That's not to say that I'm not excited for everything that's coming. I'm glad to finally have reasons to dust off my xbone and ps4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to say Xbox was winning until Sony announced FF7 remake. After that everything announced became irrelevant for me.

That's not to say that I'm not excited for everything that's coming. I'm glad to finally have reasons to dust off my xbone and ps4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it weird though that Playstation's whole focus this year was games that were either remakes or ones they showed several years ago and were just getting around to actually finishing? I mean don't get me wrong, I'll have FF7, Last Guardian and Horizon on launch...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that No Man's Sky is a legitimate project and not just eye candy (which is really what it seemed like from the demo they showed on stage).

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it weird though that Playstation's whole focus this year was games that were either remakes or ones they showed several years ago and were just getting around to actually finishing? I mean don't get me wrong, I'll have FF7, Last Guardian and Horizon on launch...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that No Man's Sky is a legitimate project and not just eye candy (which is really what it seemed like from the demo they showed on stage).

You're absolutely right however I can't really complain since the only remake I played is FF7. I heard so many people over the years anxious for The Last Guardian and never new it was part of the SOTC/ICO series(I haven't played those games yet).

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about No Man's Sky, the fact that it's impossible to explore every place in the game is quite intriguing however the planets themselves did seem a bit lacking once you landed. Seems like it would get boring quick but I will save my final judgements once I've played the game for myself. Overall I'd say it was a successful E3 for both Xbox and PS4(no idea how Nintendo fared as I didn't watch their presentation lol).

On a side note, is the next on iMore website now red for everyone or only me?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nah, it's everyone...I wondered yesterday if I got in trouble or something and it was a way to tell me, LOL! ;)

As far as Nintendos conference, they kind of dropped the ball...their focus seemed to be on the Amibo stuff, which is cool and all, but not really what the E3 crowd was looking for. No real info about the new zelda, no legitimate new Mario, no big updates to the system (I was REALLY expecting a party chat option to be added via update, but nothing...).

I'll be honest, with the death of the CEO today, I really think Nintendo is headed to a very different future than what we've always known. I have this feeling they're going to be focusing on mobile gaming vs. console gaming (where they are easily a decade behind in many ways). I think the portable world is going to be their next big focus, and they may move away from consoles all together.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
COD: Black Ops 3 isn't an exclusive to PS4...neither are any of the DLC's. The only exclusive deal the PS4 got was the Beta (whoopty doo, a half built game beta that only stays open for a week)...and early access to the first DLC map packs.

Beta wasn't even a thought at E3.... it's the actual game. Main reason they've been asking MLG if they're switching to PS4.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: PS4 partnership can make COD a huge success like Destiny | Gaming | Entertainment | Daily Express

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Keep in mind that it isn't going to be added until the new UI comes out this fall...I'm hearing October. Right now you have to be selected in the beta test mode, and I know I've tried like 10 times and didn't get into it, nor did anyone I personally know in my friends list.

Apparently the backwards compatibility is an app you have to download when it's released (similar to the blu-ray player app).

*negative* I didn't have to install anything. It's an emulator that came to preview members. I was able to install w/o any extra app.

preview is pretty easy... in fact, probably 50-60 percent of my friends have it and we didn't invite each other.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nah, it's everyone...I wondered yesterday if I got in trouble or something and it was a way to tell me, LOL! ;)

As far as Nintendos conference, they kind of dropped the ball...their focus seemed to be on the Amibo stuff, which is cool and all, but not really what the E3 crowd was looking for. No real info about the new zelda, no legitimate new Mario, no big updates to the system (I was REALLY expecting a party chat option to be added via update, but nothing...).

I'll be honest, with the death of the CEO today, I really think Nintendo is headed to a very different future than what we've always known. I have this feeling they're going to be focusing on mobile gaming vs. console gaming (where they are easily a decade behind in many ways). I think the portable world is going to be their next big focus, and they may move away from consoles all together.
They are moving towards the new console at the end of the year, that's why...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
They are moving towards the new console at the end of the year, that's why...

They should have showed something... they aren't even close to launching. In fact, they're probably be closer to xmas '16 or more than likely '17. They they talked about X1 and PS4 and released in November.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They should have showed something... they aren't even close to launching. In fact, they're probably be closer to xmas '16 or more than likely '17. They they talked about X1 and PS4 and released in November.
Nintendo is famous for not announcing things and finally doing it anyways... Just look at all the new Nintendo 3DS...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods