Flozell, but not Netanyahu?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"they?ve taken this idea of no establishment as persecution, because they feel entitled, not to equal status, but to greater status."
Maybe, but persecution is the next step in the process.

Thank you for correcting me with you scripture references. However I still contend conservatives put themselves in conflict with the Christian faith. It happens when you mix government with religion.
No problem, my friend....;)

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
What an ignorant comment. Full of arrogance too. I consider myself an atheist and comments like yours make us look bad.

Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm.
The main method by which Christians in particular are trapped and deceived is with the messiah or saviour story. This is linked to the 'original sin' story which is designed to impose a large amount of guilt onto the whole of humanity. The believers are then so grateful that they have been saved by the son of God nearly 2000 years before they were born that in some cases they abandon all reason, logic and good judgment to obey and worship this god and his son.
Anyone who believes this story is indeed lost because to believe that a god would send his only son to help us, only to see his son get tortured and murdered, and then instead of unleashing all his wrath, simply absolve us from all crimes past and present, is pure madness to say the least.
Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological enslavement and disempowerment.
The so called god that we are expected to worship is undoubtedly just a dictator strawman concocted by the religious elites for the purpose of controlling the masses ...

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Read Leviticus 18:22

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I don't need to read it to know that what it says is wrong.

Besides, I don't need to read Jack and the Beanstalk to know its a fairy tale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world....

You should know by now that I don't have a problem with people who choose not to believe. I mean, who am I to take away such a choice? Having said that, I am curious about the quoted statement above. If, as you've stated, "the reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world", Who or what gave us this life to experience, and for what reason did He or it want us to experience it? That also means that there was a purpose behind us having to experience life, and that cannot come from chaos, but by design, and that means there is a designer. You refer to Him as "an invisible ruler"....;)

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
2 John 1:9-11

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
2 John 1:9-11

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

By that, you yourself shouldn't have any interaction with the world at all.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No. I don't. Care to explain?

I can't believe I have to explain this...

You referenced something from what I presume is the bible basically saying don't come in contact or even greet a person that doesn't have the same belief you do in god and jesus. You're telling us that you don't come into regular contact with people like myself? You know, like you keep doing here?

All I'm saying is it's fine to have your beliefs. But you posting that makes you look funny considering you're responding to those that don't share the "teachings" as your copy and pasted words put it. At least abide by what you say you believe to be true.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe I have to explain this...

You referenced something from what I presume is the bible basically saying don't come in contact or even greet a person that doesn't have the same belief you do in god and jesus. You're telling us that you don't come into regular contact with people like myself? You know, like you keep doing here?

All I'm saying is it's fine to have your beliefs. But you posting that makes you look funny considering you're responding to those that don't share the "teachings" as your copy and pasted words put it. At least abide by what you say you believe to be true.

I took your comments to mean something totally different. Thanks for explaining.. Yes, I did quote Scripture.. The fact of the matter is, I just don't know. I don't know what I believe. Seems, I've lost my way...

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm.
The main method by which Christians in particular are trapped and deceived is with the messiah or saviour story. This is linked to the 'original sin' story which is designed to impose a large amount of guilt onto the whole of humanity. The believers are then so grateful that they have been saved by the son of God nearly 2000 years before they were born that in some cases they abandon all reason, logic and good judgment to obey and worship this god and his son.
Anyone who believes this story is indeed lost because to believe that a god would send his only son to help us, only to see his son get tortured and murdered, and then instead of unleashing all his wrath, simply absolve us from all crimes past and present, is pure madness to say the least.
Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological enslavement and disempowerment.
The so called god that we are expected to worship is undoubtedly just a dictator strawman concocted by the religious elites for the purpose of controlling the masses ...

If you choose not to believe, that is fine. But don't come on pushing your atheist agenda, and presenting it as fact, and slandering the ones who do believe. I, and no other believer that I know, am not even close to being "weak-minded and supersticious".

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you choose not to believe, that is fine. But don't come on pushing your atheist agenda, and presenting it as fact, and slandering the ones who do believe. I, and no other believer that I know, am not even close to being "weak-minded and supersticious".

Come on. Everything he wrote out was all opinion. Don't act like he's "pushing it as a fact". Nobody accuses you of trying to push facts when you state your opinions here. So don't act like when you speak it, it's opinion. But when someone opposed does, it's "trying to push things as facts."

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Come on. Everything he wrote out was all opinion. Don't act like he's "pushing it as a fact". Nobody accuses you of trying to push facts when you state your opinions here. So don't act like when you speak it, it's opinion. But when someone opposed does, it's "trying to push things as facts."

Then it seems like an "IMO" would be nice (on both sides).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh