• T-Mobile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verizon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm gearing this question towards the American audience; since I'm in America :)
Based on:
- availability of service
- devices available
- cost of data
- cost of calls
- terms of contracts
...which carrier would you say is better (listed in alphabetical order)?:

AT&T
Metro PCS
Sprint
T-Mobile
Verizon

I know this is probably an old argument. But, I'm not really looking for an answer per se', more to see what others have to say. Currently, I have 5 lines with AT&T, and I've used T-Mobile for a brief stint, too. We're not looking to move or anything, more generating constructive conversation.

Go...

(Posted here and not in the carrier section since it isn't specific to one carrier)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is near flawless in Atlanta...and since they've reconfigured their data plans and we were able to cut our bill basically in half for MORE services, we'll be AT&T customers for some time to come. I've also been quite impressed with their implementation of new features early...LTE came extremely early (and was on the high end of speed essentially from the get go), and now VoLTE is being released in our market, and it's amazing!

We've used Tmobile, Sprint and Verizon in the past...Sprint was just god awful, and my work phone used to be through Sprint and it made me laugh how terrible service was across the spectrum of data to voice. Verizon was ok, but we used them during the time where you had to pick and choose between voice and data, and to me, that was enough to make the jump to AT&T (this was quite some time ago). Tmobile is what my wife's work phone is through, and while it's decent in town for pretty much everything, it is almost useless in more rural areas (and being in film, she travels to these areas...A LOT).

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is best for me. I travel all over North America for work and haven't found a dead zone yet. I get LTE everywhere which is great. I'm in Boston right now and I have no complaints about my service. I've been using VoLTE lately and the calls sound great! I have 4 lines, 2 out of contract/2 under contract, with 40GB for $302/month & we use about 30ish.

I had Sprint prior to moving to Verizon and it was a terrible mess, data and voice, so they are not an option. Neither is T-mobile because it doesn't work in my home area very well. My mom has them and has issues with her service all the time. I'm not sure about AT&T. I get mixed reviews with them depending on where I am. With that being said, I'll be with Verizon for a long while.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's a long standing argument between CDMA & GSM. IMHO, CDMA is old school, and i won't use it. My wife and i travel to Europe every couple of years, and other Americans in our group, with Sprint or Verizon, can't use their phones. I'll stay with AT&T, thank you.:p

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
We originally had AT&T but switched when Verizon put antennas up in the tunnels for the LIRR. At the time my husband commuted to NYC every day. He doesn't do that any more but we stuck with Verizon because it has better service in general.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73