!!!...MLB 2015...!!!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My Dodgers do have an offense after all. I've never seen a ballplayer use his jaw to break another player's leg, but i saw it tonight. Chase Utley is one tough hombre. Ouch!!! :p

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I will say this. The Mets fans are a bunch of cry babies. Utley gets a two day suspension for playing tough baseball. So that means that every time Pete Rose slid into a base, he should have been suspended. Every time players went way out of their way to spike Jackie Robinson, they should have been suspended. Come on Joe Torre, you know how the game is played. Just put on your big boy panties, and lift the suspension. Don't knuckle under to the p.c. police.:mad:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I will say this. The Mets fans are a bunch of cry babies. Utley gets a two day suspension for playing tough baseball. So that means that every time Pete Rose slid into a base, he should have been suspended. Every time players went way out of their way to spike Jackie Robinson, they should have been suspended.

This is why I can't take baseball fans seriously. Bringing up situations and players from 50-60 years ago as if everything that stood then should apply now. You're bringing up Jackie Robinson being spiked purposely? Are you going to pretend that was just part of the game with no other intent? You know exactly why that was.

Things change and as long as baseball keeps up with "tradition" with things like this or trotting out extremely older people out at the All-Star Game instead of showcasing current talent, baseball will continue to be a decaying sport.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
This is why I can't take baseball fans seriously. Bringing up situations and players from 50-60 years ago as if everything that stood then should apply now. You're bringing up Jackie Robinson being spiked purposely? Are you going to pretend that was just part of the game with no other intent? You know exactly why that was.

Things change and as long as baseball keeps up with "tradition" with things like this or trotting out extremely older people out at the All-Star Game instead of showcasing current talent, baseball will continue to be a decaying sport.

OK, using Jackie Robinson was a bad example, because there were other issues involved. What about Pete Rose? He had said many times that "take out" slides were taught to kids in the pee wee leagues. It was unfortunate that Tejada had his leg broken, but the intent was to break up the double play, not his leg. This is major league baseball, not croquet. Let's take a poll of Hall of Famers, and hear what they say. Craig Biggio has already said that the "take out" slide was legal. What about the "neighborhood" play. How many times have you seen a double play turned, where the second baseman or the shortstop was just in the neighborhood of the second base bag, but not really near it, and the umpire called the runner out, and they turned the double play. Look, you know that i'm a Dodger fan, and i do feel bad that the man had his leg broken, but it was UNINTENTIONAL. Suck it up, and play ball. Don't whine like a baby.
P.S. If Utley's suspension is overturned, you can expect to see the Mets pitcher throw one at his head. I don't think that Utley will say anything the first time that it happens, but the second time will be different.:p

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
P.S. If Utley's suspension is overturned, you can expect to see the Mets pitcher throw one at his head. I don't think that Utley will say anything the first time that it happens, but the second time will be different.:p

Why bother beaning a .200 hitter during a crucial playoff game?

They'll get 'em where it hurts more.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Why bother beaning a .200 hitter during a crucial playoff game?

They'll get 'em where it hurts more.

I don't want him to get beaned at all, but it's not that he's just a .200 hitter, he's a .200 hitter with 12 years of big league experience. I'd rather have him at the plate, in a crucial situation, than Yasiel Puig or Joc Pedersen.:p

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't want him to get beaned at all, but it's not that he's just a .200 hitter, he's a .200 hitter with 12 years of big league experience. I'd rather have him at the plate, in a crucial situation, than Yasiel Puig or Joc Pedersen.:p

I absolutely agree with that. I'm just saying that the Mets wouldn't be wise to bean him.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely agree with that. I'm just saying that the Mets wouldn't be wise to bean him.

Well, it may not come to that. I've heard that MLB won't even hear the appeal until Wednesday. Anyway, if there's a game five on Thursday, it will be in L.A. I'd really like to see your team and my team, slug it out in the playoffs. I've seen enough of the Cards, thank you very much.:p

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, we took a beating last night, but it's not over yet. I'm not happy with Kershaw starting, so they better get their bullpen up and ready, around the sixth inning. I'm curious to see if Kershaw can live up to his hype, and get us back to L.A on Thursday. If he does, i think that we can win with Greinke.:p

P.S. Good job Cubbies!!!