The newest college sport: Obamaball

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this tweet earlier:

@DanWolken: Breaking: College athletics officials to meet with White House, announce coalition to "save" college sports White House to meet with college athletics officials

More government intrusion. Dont you know....Obama seems to know what’s best for everyone. We are too dumb to control our own lives. I am certain that it will become "Do what we 'suggest' or we'll tax all your athletic revenues" ... and think twice about providing those research grants.

Mods: feel free to move this to the Politics thread/forum if that is a better place for it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Why do they need saving? The NCAA and those schools make a crap ton of money off of sports. Obama needs to worry about other, more important things than this.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this tweet earlier:

@DanWolken: Breaking: College athletics officials to meet with White House, announce coalition to "save" college sports White House to meet with college athletics officials

More government intrusion. Dont you know....Obama seems to know what’s best for everyone. We are too dumb to control our own lives. I am certain that it will become "Do what we 'suggest' or we'll tax all your athletic revenues" ... and think twice about providing those research grants.

Mods: feel free to move this to the Politics thread/forum if that is a better place for it.

From the same article....

"A presidential commission on college sports would have been created under a bill introduced toward the end of the last Congress by now-former Rep. James P. Moran, a Virginia Democrat who had announced last January that was retiring. Because of bill's timing, it was essentially symbolic, but it drew 12 co-sponsors in the House, including four Republicans."

You should work for Fox..... you got the knack.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Now this proposal I don't understand AT ALL...it says it wants to put together a coalition to review the "state" of college sports.

What is there to review? Major schools make TONS of money and smaller schools rely on those schools to influx money and scholarships into their schools...trickle down effect. There is so much money in college sports it's not even funny, I can't imagine what needs to be "saved".

The only other piece of this puzzle that I potentially see being regulated is the athletes themselves and how they are compensated for their participation and any licenses that come about during their time at the school. To me, that would be something I can see the NCAA wanting help with, if for no other reason than to remove some liability from themselves as a single "entity".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2