Obama will go down as an exceptional president part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You seem to not get it. If he want for the gun and the cop shoots him, good. Blacks are not saying they want criminals to get away, they are saying they want equally treatment by the law which has historically profiled, harassed, abused their power when it comes to blacks. Unlike whites who view the justice system as fair this is not the case for blacks, because historically the justice system has not been fair to blacks. Consider that in many states even in the early 1900s, blacks could not testify against whites, if they weren't property owners.

The biggest issue here is you see the law as lacking bias, so you figure a just result is the norm, this is not the case with blacks. I brought up OJ because it's the one time whites got a taste of how blacks have had to deal with the law for centuries.

I don't see it as an issue...the biggest issue I see here is that you feel the law is nothing but bias...along with pretty much everything else one could discuss relating...well...anything.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't see it as an issue...the biggest issue I see here is that you feel the law is nothing but bias...along with pretty much everything else one could discuss relating...well...anything.

Yes, justice is pretty much bias, I don't understand your comment "nothing but"? I am not saying every case is a result of biased. I don't think you understand the relationship, the biased is built in, it's effect manifest in policy, application and execution of law in the legal system.

You've got to get passed looking at this as an individual one on one, case by case interaction between law enforcers and citizens. This is not the complaint about whether one case is biased or not, or the result of the correct term racism. Let's consider systematic racism as a force, kind of like gravity, is every situation involve gravity no, but gravity acts on all of us.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You've got to get PAST the idea that an opposing opinion or view is "wrong" and only your own is accurate. Your views on systematic racism are not factual...they are theoretical. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2