Thoughts on Senate CIA report

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So are we going to pretend the report isn't there or......? The report which is a summary of literally millions of papers is very comprehensive, I have read a few pages and it is illuminating.

As I said, the Dems have had 10 years to fix it.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The report. I don't trust ANY administrations or politicians.
So why would trust words by the lead interrogator for the CIA torture program? And why would politicians put out a report that makes them look bad? That defeats the purpose.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So why would trust words by the lead interrogator for the CIA torture program? And why would politicians put out a report that makes them look bad? That defeats the purpose.

You believe the partisan report, and I'll believe the people who were there on the scene, and we'll leave it at that.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You believe the partisan report, and I'll believe the people who were there on the scene, and we'll leave it at that.

The people who made the report got their info direct from the source though, reports and info direct from interrogators and workers there at the CIA.

Basically the CIA, self incriminated themselves, the politicians just put everything together into a summary.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If I could answer that I'd make a LOOOOOT of money.
But I mean, I have heard before that they released the report now for their own agenda, but I haven't heard what that agenda may be. I guess something to bring the conservatives out to rattle their cages maybe after the Republican win across the country.

But that seems to broad when it makes both sides of the aisle look bad.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a wild hair guess as to one reason...but putting this out there allows the next president that comes in to strategically "come up with" a better control and use of interrogation techniques and kind of adjusts our approach when it comes to torture (or at least that is how it would look to the common voter anyways).

I mean these people play a long con game...they're thinking a decade or two down the road, and how they can sway power, money and control with strategic moves. Sometimes obvious, sometimes things possibly like this CIA report.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73