Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
A diesel 1 ton diesel truck is 90,000 dollars. A Cadillac is the same price. I've never heard a pick up truck called luxury before sitting next to a Cadillac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$90,000? I didn't think they were that high. Last I checked here in the states a Ford King ranch with all the options runs at about $60-70,000. My dad is in the market for a new diesel one ton atm, but I haven't asked him what kind of prices he coming up with.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How is the iPhone more expensive? The Note 4 is over $700 compared the iPhone 6 $649. Most other high end device range in the $400-$600 range. That isn't expensive at all.

Dude, you do realize you just validated Sean's statement about the iPhone being more expensive than average phones. Beside, be careful with your use of "not expensive at all" because there are a good deal of people here in the U.S., especially those who are out of work and struggling, who would disagree with you in that regard.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
$90,000? I didn't think they were that high. Last I checked here in the states a Ford King ranch with all the options runs at about $60-70,000. My dad is in the market for a new diesel one ton atm, but I haven't asked him what kind of prices he coming up with.

Ha! My Dodge Ram 3500 was 88,000 here in Canada. My wife's ram 1500 was 56,000

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Apple never marketed the 5C as a cheap iPhone. The tech media tried to do that. It was $100 less than the 5S and only came in 16 and 32GB versions while the 5S has a 64GB version available.

That's what I was saying. I kinda figured it wasn't a budget friendly iPhone. Why was it $100 less than the 5s ? Storage capacity options & the plastic frame instead of the aluminum ?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Ha! My Dodge Ram 3500 was 88,000 here in Canada

Ouch! His current truck is a 01 Dodge Ram 2500 cumins 24 valve diesel high output. He bought it back in 02, and I believe he paid like $30,000 for it! Lol prices sure have gone up!
And I thought I was hurting when I spent $7k on my Jetta LOL

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Ouch! His current truck is a 01 Dodge Ram 2500 cumins 24 valve diesel high output. He bought it back in 02, and I believe he paid like $30,000 for it! Lol prices sure have gone up!
And I thought I was hurting when I spent $7k on my Jetta LOL

23f95296375fd37e46343e51a0a943e2.jpg

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I see, that's Idk, I'd rather just buy the 5 instead then. It seems kinda pointless that the 5c was introduced to the public.

I think it was a good idea. Instead of just offering the same phone from the year before for a lower price, they offered it in a new package, with some minor tweaks, so the same lower price.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5 in a new shell? I was always under the understanding that the 5c was the 5s without the fingerprint scanner.

Nope. It has the A6, same logic board, same rear camera and pretty much all the some components except it has an improved front facing camera, supports more LTE bands, and I believe it might have a slightly larger battery.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Why are you comparing two different vehicles? A diesel truck and car may have 4 wheels but are two different classes.

And I specifically said a luxury car is luxury because it is more expensive than your average normal car.

An iPhone and any other phone may have a power button and a touch screen, but they are in two different classes

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Neither was I, but several posts in this thread have been very rude towards me. I guess I have to let it go though is what you are saying.

No, my reply had nothing to do with statements prior to the one I mentioned. Having said that, try to take at least a little bit of responsibility for some of the replies you've gotten. You have people here with a lot more life experience than you, and when some of them try to explain certain things to you or point out flaws in your argument/statements, you appear to try to justify your statement to save face instead of gaining knowledge from the wisdom of others. You think that Apple should make a low cost phone and take advantage of a certain segment. We all know that Apple could, but some of us have explained why they don't have to and why they shouldn't. You've mentioned "third world countries" on numerous occasions and equated it with being poor, yet, everyone who lives in what you refer to as third world countries aren't poor at all. It can be argued that you view the iPhone and/or the Apple brand as a status symbol and maybe you think it's a good idea for everyone to enjoy that status symbol and not feel left out. If so, that's admirable, but impractical. First of all, not everyone wants an iPhone. I'd even argue that many who do not yet have a smartphone would simply be glad to have one, regardless of the brand. Anyway, my apologies for rambling. I'm literally dosing off. That's how tired I am...:)....Anyway, as always, I enjoy the replies. Take care.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope. It has the A6, same logic board, same rear camera and pretty much all the some components except it has an improved front facing camera, supports more LTE bands, and I believe it might have a slightly larger battery.

Interesting....and, in that case, what was the point of selling it? In hindsight, it made a ton of money, but I just don't get it.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow nice.... Mind you most of the population doesn't make over a hundred grand a year there either. Different area, different economy I guess

Yeah. Must be nice to work in the money oozing oil and gas industry I plan on going up to South Dakota during the summer while I'm in college and cashing in :)

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I think it was a good idea. Instead of just offering the same phone from the year before for a lower price, they offered it in a new package, with some minor tweaks, so the same lower price.

Ohhh, okay. Yeah, I thought it was also just a different variant of the iPhone 5, but without touch ID & a plastic outterbody. I always thought it had the same specs as the 5s, but they cut the cost down because it was plastic. Makes sense though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR