Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I never said they were expensive! Why is everyone taking words out of context!? I said they can expand into third world countries with a low cost iPhone.

Because you're using words like "low cost" which means you find the alternative to be expensive.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Because you're using words like "low cost" which means you find the alternative to be expensive.
For people who live in third world countries the iPhone is expensive. But not by normal smartphone standards in the first world it isn't.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My statement had nothing to do with that. I said it is more expensive than average cars and it is. Luxury is more expensive than most. The iPhone isn't.

The iPhone is more expensive than average phones. If you're saying that Lexus is more expensive than your average Toyota or Honda, then by the same logic, the iPhone is more expensive than your average cellular phone (the lower end devices, just like the Toyota's and Hondas are lower end cars).

Lexus = Luxury Car Brand
Apple = Luxury Consumer Technology Brand

Toyota = Common/Basic Car Brand
Alcatel = Common/Basic Cellular Phone Brand

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone is more expensive than average phones. If you're saying that Lexus is more expensive than your average Toyota or Honda, then by the same logic, the iPhone is more expensive than your average cellular phone (the lower end devices, just like the Toyota's and Hondas are lower end cars).

How is the iPhone more expensive? The Note 4 is over $700 compared the iPhone 6 $649. Most other high end device range in the $400-$600 range. That isn't expensive at all.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How is the iPhone more expensive? The Note 4 is over $700 compared the iPhone 6 $649. Most other high end device range in the $400-$600 range. That isn't expensive at all.

It STARTS at $649 and $749. Then $100 tacked on each time for storage.

My 6 Plus was $949

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Not that more expensive at all. And you and I both know that most people upgraded to an iPhone 6/6+. Which is $199-$299 for a starting price.

That doesn't matter because you want a cheaper iPhone for "third world" countries that most likely won't have subsidies.

Why don't you have a crusade for subsidies in third world countries as opposed to asking Apple to take care of the problem

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't matter because you want a cheaper iPhone for "third world" countries that most likely won't have subsidies.

Why don't you have a crusade for subsidies in third world countries as opposed to asking Apple to take care of the problem
Exactly. Third world countries would take advantage of a low cost iPhone.

cbobb123

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
So commonality removes a luxury label? Lexus is considered a luxury brand, but you see them literally everywhere...do you feel that the commonness of the Lexus brand makes it no longer a luxury brand? Why would Toyota retain it if that is true? How is it profitable for them if what you said is true? Why not just go buy a Camry or Corolla?
I'm pretty sure sure you would see many more people holding an iPhone than driving a Lexus. I really don't see how the iPhone is any more "luxurious" than; for example, the m8 or the note 4 (note 4 is more expensive in my country). They all just seem like high end premium flagships to me. Apple's brand image to me is about high quality products. Nothing luxurious about them IMO.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure sure you would see many more people holding an iPhone than driving a Lexus. I really don't see how the iPhone is any more "luxurious" than; for example, the m8 or the note 4 (note 4 is more expensive in my country). They all just seem like high end premium flagships to me. Apple's brand image to me is about high quality products. Nothing luxurious about them IMO.

Nobody said that it's more luxurious than the phones you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
It's funny that you say that when you go out of your way to have your Tapatalk signature show that you made the post with your GLAMOROUS iPhone.

I'm glamorous; therefore, anything I possess is. My possessions will never make me. I make my possessions cool or special. Not the opposite. So that's where you got the game messed up.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. The iPhone is more expensive than your average cell phone and more expensive than your average smartphone even. It is not more expensive than other high end smartphones like the Galaxy and Note or LG G3. But those are also luxury items. So the iPhone is priced similar to other smartphones in its class.
IPhones keep their value retention high though... Like an iPhone 5s still has surprisingly high prices for a year old phone, compared to other flagships from last year.

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So bc an iPhone or a note 4 cost around $800-$900 makes it luxurious ?! Aston Martin, cars similar to that are luxurious BC the design the high class material. That's why they cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. These phones are made of glass & aluminium, it takes what, $200 to make one ? Samsung, apple charge those prices bc they know ppl will buy them regardless & they gotta make their money as well.

To the iPhone 5c being a budget friendly iPhone. Wasn't it just as expensive as the 5s or $100 less ? I didn't see that as a low cost device. It sold well bc little girls & boys wanted the flashy colors.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Lexus is luxury because it is expensive than average cars. An iPhone is not more expensive than average high end devices smartphones.

A diesel 1 ton diesel truck is 90,000 dollars. A Cadillac is the same price. I've never heard a pick up truck called luxury before sitting next to a Cadillac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm glamorous; therefore, anything I possess is. My possessions will never make me. I make my possessions cool or special. Not the opposite. So that's where you got the game messed up.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

"Game messed up"..... lol

I didn't say your iPhone made you "glamorous."

No matter what your reasoning is for labeling your devices "glamorous", it's still ironic that you say your iPhone isn't a luxury all while with a signature referring to that very iPhone you speak of as "glamorous." Your post doesn't defend the argument I made.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing has thrown me for a loop, you just want to insult me in any way shape or form. I understand you may be unable to see where I am coming from, but you are beyond rude. Instead of having a decent conversation on a internet forum, you fell back to argue semantics and otherwise prove your opinion is worth more than my own.

C'mon now, nothing in Sean's statement was insulting. Don't forget that you're dealing with arguably an older crowd here, and many of us weren't brought up in a time where everything is sugarcoated.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
C'mon now, nothing in Sean's statement was insulting. Don't forget that you're dealing with arguably an older crowd here, and many of us weren't brought up in a time where everything is sugarcoated.

I'm still a teen and I can handle un-sugarcoated talk, especially when I'm arguing against the general consensus, AND arguing with a very talented debater like Sean.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Neither was I, but several posts in this thread have been very rude towards me. I guess I have to let it go though is what you are saying.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
A diesel 1 ton diesel truck is 90,000 dollars. A Cadillac is the same price. I've never heard a pick up truck called luxury before sitting next to a Cadillac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you comparing two different vehicles? A diesel truck and car may have 4 wheels but are two different classes.

And I specifically said a luxury car is luxury because it is more expensive than your average normal car.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods