Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Webster's Dictionary...the place I pulled the synonyms as well. You'll have to forgive my being rude...that's what happens when I repeat the same thing over and over again because you don't know how to read or fail to pay attention to what you are reading.

You still have not provided a source. You can say where you got it from all you want, you haven't actually put a link or definition.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A question dealing with cars, something I have zero expertise in.

You don't have expertise in anything you're discussing here...hasn't stopped you so far. And regardless, the principal still remains the same. Why not just admit you see the fault in your ideals...

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You don't have expertise in anything you're discussing here...hasn't stopped you so far. And regardless, the principal still remains the same. Why not just admit you see the fault in your ideals...

Why can't you meant it isn't a bad idea? Apple expanding into the low end is inevitable, it only depends on when.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You poor thing. If you can't google search a definition, you're worse off than your terrible arguments lend to.
You are still not providing a direct link, is it wrong that you can't cite your source on a specific definition? I just want to know where you got it from.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why can't you meant it isn't a bad idea? Apple expanding into the low end is inevitable, it only depends on when.

Why would I agree with something that I think is a terrible idea? You use words like inevitable...but 7 years later, Apple's actions still disagree with you, AND they sit atop the market like they always do.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are still not providing a direct link, is it wrong that you can't cite your source on a specific definition? I just want to know where you got it from.

I provided you proof AND a link that you requested...you choose to ignore it because you know that your argument is failing here. Truthfully, if there was a definition of "internet troll" in the dictionary, your screen name would be in there...but you'd never see it because apparently you don't acknowledge that dictionaries exist, lol!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a word that starts with a "T" has a few letters in between and ends with two "L's." The way the OP is acting makes them one. What word am I talking about?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They can't be bought by people in third world countries and still cost hundreds of dollars off contract, thatnis no way low cost.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Therein lies the problem. You are assuming that a low cost iPhone in the manner you're speaking will actually be affordable and available to people in certain countries. Some governments may not allow Apple to dictate the price. Heck, development, manufacturing, distribution, retail setup, and demand, to name a few, can all have an effect of how much the device could cost the consumer.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that Apple will not make a product unless they make I believe it was 30% profit. So add 30% to all the above mentioned costs.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
He got it from a Webster's dictionary. Which is a real source. They do have a website, but for all I know he looked it up in a real hardback and paper dictionary. And don't even bother pretending you've never heard of Webster's dictionary. They've been one of the major dictionary publisher for probably a century or more.
I know who they were, I wanted to know the specific place he got the entry.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Why would I agree with something that I think is a terrible idea? You use words like inevitable...but 7 years later, Apple's actions still disagree with you, AND they sit atop the market like they always do.
For now, nothing lasts forever. This is just a forum, this was just an idea, instead of attacking me for a conversation piece, maybe a better argument would do you better.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I provided you proof AND a link that you requested...you choose to ignore it because you know that your argument is failing here. Truthfully, if there was a definition of "internet troll" in the dictionary, your screen name would be in there...but you'd never see it because apparently you don't acknowledge that dictionaries exist, lol!

What link? How am I troll? Is it because I won't just sit and give up because every single one of your posts sounds like a conscending piece of trash that has to be rude?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Therein lies the problem. You are assuming that a low cost iPhone in the manner you're speaking will actually be affordable and available to people in certain countries. Some governments may not allow Apple to dictate the price. Heck, development, manufacturing, distribution, retail setup, and demand, to name a few, can all have an effect of how much the device could cost the consumer.

Exactly, but low cost devices always end up in a range, for the Lumia 520 for example, on release around $200 everywhere then $99 when it hit AT&T, now $29. Price can be set in a specific range at least.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I read somewhere that Apple will not make a product unless they make I believe it was 30% profit. So add 30% to all the above mentioned costs.

30% on $200 is $60, $260 iPhone sounds good. Or $259 is the way companies do it now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know who they were, I wanted to know the specific place he got the entry.

It doesn't get any more specific that that...I even SPECIFICALLY linked a secondary source, since you have some weird opposition to english dictionaries. Are you an enemy of language arts or something? LOL!

You have offered nothing but opinionated banter here. You have called fact perception, and you have ignored clear evidence against your argument (offering none of your own, only further opinionated drivel). It's mind numbing how you ignore things presented to you because they don't follow your agenda...but not surprising, as this isn't the first time we've danced here on the forum, and your tactics were a mirror last time when presented with a similar situation.

You debate like a 5 year old...with the quintessential "why?" after every fact presented, or just purely ignoring what was said. The fact that you couldn't answer my question about Porsche delving into the world of entry economy cars spells out how you yourself see the fault in your own words. You can't pick and choose where the principal applies...it's an all or nothing case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR